Florida law question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida law question

The newer federal "hst" has no post centered in its nose. The older made "hydra shok" is the ammo with the post in the hollow point . The newer model HST is a better expanding and penetrating round than fed's hydra shok with the post. They are (hst's) not always easy to find and run ya a good price. All i carry are either rangers or HST's in .45 230 grain. Hydra shok ,center posted ammo is legal in Fl. so are hst's.
    NEVER FORGET 9*11*01

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Yes he is. I went through the same thing with one of my ex's friends. To this day he thinks I had some illegal ammo piercing rounds in my .45. Oh well, you can't cure stupid.
    Never heard of these, not sure if they're legal or not.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    Festus, maybe your neighbor is getting the banned steel core bullets confused with the HST center post?

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Festus..
    I'd try writing Jon H. Gutmacher at his website and see if you get a response..
    Thanks...I ordered there book!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    My neighbor (also a gun guy) was trying to tell me that the center pin in Federal HST ammo is considered a penetrator and may be illegal in Florida. I wrote a note to the Atty. General asking what ammo if any was banned/forbidden but have not received a response...Any input would be much appreciated!!!
    LOL, I know my share of "gun guys" who don't know much of what they're talking about. Even if I know that what they are telling me is inaccurate, sometimes you just can't change minds. I usually just end the debate with "Hmm, I'll have to check that out online". Sometimes I wish I could carry a mini-laptop to reference when I am away from home.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    LOL, I know my share of "gun guys" who don't know much of what they're talking about. Even if I know that what they are telling me is inaccurate, sometimes you just can't change minds. I usually just end the debate with "Hmm, I'll have to check that out online". Sometimes I wish I could carry a mini-laptop to reference when I am away from home.
    There needs to be "an app for that".

Decided to look after posting. There is an app for Android called Right2Bear

Quote Originally Posted by glock stock n barrel View Post
    The newer federal "hst" has no post centered in its nose. The older made "hydra shok" is the ammo with the post in the hollow point . The newer model HST is a better expanding and penetrating round than fed's hydra shok with the post. They are (hst's) not always easy to find and run ya a good price. All i carry are either rangers or HST's in .45 230 grain. Hydra shok ,center posted ammo is legal in Fl. so are hst's.
    100% correct. Hydra-shoks have been around over 12 years and legal everywhere. Your friend is WRONG.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12