Had To Draw Tonight - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had To Draw Tonight

wolfhunter Guest
    You did the right thing, glad you came out BEFORE she broke a window.

well done, way to school a scholar

Yes Sir, You did very good!!. Ya Know on second thought, It would be fun to hear her story..... If she did not mess her pants....
    Semper Fi

Congrats on not having to use your weapon.

I've drawn twice although both times I kept the pistol concealed and fortunately didn't have to use it. Once was a road rage incident about 10 yrs ago and the other was just recently when I was approached by a couple of shady characters in a parking lot at 3:00 in the morning. In the RR incident I was genuinely concerned for my safety but I guess it was the other guy's lucky day because he made the right decision and drove away before he reached the point of no return as far as I was concerned. The recent incident was more of a "just in case" move. In either case the other guys never saw my weapon and probably never knew what a fine line they were walking.

6. Im curious... What were you thinking/feeling when you knew the police were on the way?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Im curious... What were you thinking/feeling when you knew the police were on the way?
    Pucker factor at an exceedingly high level I'm sure that even though he was and knew he was in his rights in his action, you never know how the cops are going to react.

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Im curious... What were you thinking/feeling when you knew the police were on the way?
    I had no problems with them coming. I felt I was justified in drawing and by calling 911 I did not try to hide the fact I drew, but I was still nervous as any interaction with leo's could go either way. I had informed the operator that I had holstered my firearm and where it was. I took my DL and permit out before they arrived and she relayed that to the officers. They allowed me to remove my firearm from the holster and I told them that there was a cartridge in the firing position. The officer then told me to release my cylinder and hand him the gun. At no time did either officer draw his firearm or seem apprehensive in any way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    I had no problems with them coming. I felt I was justified in drawing and by calling 911 I did not try to hide the fact I drew, but I was still nervous as any interaction with leo's could go either way. I had informed the operator that I had holstered my firearm and where it was. I took my DL and permit out before they arrived and she relayed that to the officers. They allowed me to remove my firearm from the holster and I told them that there was a cartridge in the firing position. The officer then told me to release my cylinder and hand him the gun. At no time did either officer draw his firearm or seem apprehensive in any way.
    Excellent outcome. Too bad the gal didn't stick around, though, as the LEOs might have been able to take her off the streets.

nice job! way to keep cool.. I can't stand PETA.. they give animals more rights than humans.. (you need to die for your dog being in the car when it is not even hot out)?... absolutely priceless.. what a whack job!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Good move and smart call to get a paper trail on the wacko. Have had to draw twice but neither time did anyone see it. We chased down a robber w/o me waving it around and was at a bud's gun shop when I thought he was about to be robbed. I got over against the wall behind a stack of ammo and was ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast