What If...A tail of road rage - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What If...A tail of road rage

OK, here's one for you, should cover most of the bases and make it easier for you to understand:

You are confronted by a BG - shoot him, or what?

First, I'm not turning down a small street that I'm not familiar with. If there isn't much traffic I might try a few moves in the car to get away (sudden right turn from the left turn lane, etc) but only if I can do it without endangering other cars. Those big trucks can't handle well, and most smaller cars can out-turn them pretty easily. Before I do that though I'm going to keep going for a while and see if he cools down. The longer you can keep him going the greater the odds he will either lose interest or lose you.

Now assuming I've gotten myself into the situation you describe, if he's coming at me with a baseball bat, like another poster said he ain't coming to exchange cooking secrets or discuss last night's episode of Mythbusters. First move is to but 911 on speakerphone so my hands are free. If I can curb-hop and get away I might try that but if it fails it could really put me in a bad spot, plus damage the car so I can't go anywhere. Assuming now curb-hopping is not an option my next move is to get to the back seat - don't need that steering wheel in the way, plus if he's smart he can hit the front of the car and fire the airbags (I think). Next - draw my weapon and aim right at his chest but don't fire yet. If he stops, I wait for the police (or if he leaves I leave being very careful not to get ambushed later). If he penetrates the window or windshield and makes a move for me, I fire.

If my family is with me I get out and get a little distance between me and the car, making sure my wife locks the doors behind me. If I determine it is necessary, draw my weapon on him. If he comes after me or the car with my family in it, I fire.

4. I try not to get lost and trapped in the first place... but:

I love guns. I believe in the "...right and the responsibility" of Americans to be "...at all times armed." I have the same birthday as the guy who wrote the Second Amendment. I've been carrying a 1911 for decades, shooting when I have the time.

But I've been driving EVERY DAY for decades, and the car is the better weapon in the situation described. I'll keep that in mind.

It behooves all of us to make sure we have decent driving skills (bootleg turns and J-turns are basics everyone should know and practice), to understand the physics of vehicular physical encounters, to know how to spin out an enemy in a vehicle (NOT like they do it on TV), and to know our own limitations and those of our vehicle of the moment.

Gotta admit, in this, the 21st Century American Police State, where I'm at, and whether there are witnesses, just might influence my decision-making processes...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Question What if???

I wouldn't allow the situation to go as far as the scenerio depicts! The first time the SOB bumped or honked at me and flipped me off, I'd stop right there in the middle of the road, get out, weapon drawn, and blow his damned trucks radiator away, then dare the SOB to get out of his truck! !
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    ...I'd stop right there in the middle of the road, get out, weapon drawn, and blow his damned trucks radiator away, then dare the SOB to get out of his truck! !
    You'd be lucky to get as far as the daring part with some people before you were dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post

So what force or branch you with, Willy?
    I am the Militia

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    I am the Militia
    +1. I am with the right wing, paranoid Christian, patriot group and darn proud of it. I cling to my guns and religion and I do not care if Obummer or any of his left wing, Marxist minions likes it or not.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I would let him hit the rental car for credibility to the story, of course, I would probably try and drive away, in that case, he would have fun trying to catch up to me. I would pull into a driveway, [if he continued to follow] and more less pretend it was MY house he was at, if all else failed, Id knock on the door and ask for someone to call the Police, and quickly explain what has happened. If he approached me in someone elses yard, I would draw my weapon and give him some verbal warnings. If he continued, Id simply shoot him. No if, ands or buts about it.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Ehh tell bubba I'm sorry dude I didnt mean to cut you off like that.. He gets mad pummels the ford focus and me and the wufe are on the way. Having a gun puts us in the superior position in a struggle. A gun makes a big guy small and a big truck a tonka toy. It's kinda like yhe USA being threatened by Jamacia after about an hour of rasta jokes at the defence department calm would ensue and a definitive statement to calm the dreadlocks would be issued....

That's why I don't rent cars and I despise airports after working at one for 21 years. I'll drive where I want to go and I drive a 1 ton dually four door 4X4. DEMO DERBY TIME!!!! All that said, let him wack the hell outta the car, it is just a car. If he continues and tries to get to the windows, well now......bad decision. Baseball bat at a gunfight,tsk tsk. Sure hope he likes the chest high fast ball and can swing fast!!!! Have 17 fastballs to throw quickly and 17 more in my other glove. I think me wins!!!!! Also, just beating the hell out of the car and not trying to gain access to me is not considered life threatening situation. Falls under the category of "idiot". Criminal charges against him yes, bullets in him no.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast