AZ COPS THREATENED BY Snipers - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AZ COPS THREATENED BY Snipers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I'm a retired G.I. who has lived on the border in Texas before (Laredo, Tx. & Del Rio, Tx.). But it wasn't a 10th of a percentage point as bad back then as now. If it were up to me, (thankfully it isn't!) I'd deputize every ex-military resident and commandeer the equipment needed to outfit them to fight these brown bastards! In the meantime I'd demand that the Governor deploy the National Guard to assist me in this battle...
    you got my vote!!!

3. My vote would go to getting the national guard in and close off the border until they can figure out what to do with the illegal immigrants already here.
    You know if the illegals can get in, how many terrorists are doing the same...

Speed up the process of becoming a citizen so the dream lives on. There are some good people all over that would love to come to the U.S. and would be good upstanding citizens. It's the process that is making so many illegal. Lets get the good people in and toss or keep the rest out.
    www.ar15-kits.com
    www.lowerreceivers.com
    Yes we have 80% receivers

Maybe the border situation will be the "flashpoint". Consider: the FEDERAL GOV'T is tacitly allowing an ivasion and takeover of our country (that wilderness area of AZ that Americans can no longer safely use).

Unbelievable.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

5. Hey guys, been a lurker here for awhile but decided to give you guys a little inside information. I live right outside of Nogales and am a Captain on the Fire Department in Nogales. The officers that made that bust are friends of mine, and the Cartels gave specific names so they know exactly who these officers are and probably know my name too, this is something that has been going on for a long time. The City for the most part is a safe place to be although we are on the border with Nogales Mexico which is dangerous but not as much as the media has made it out to be. Yes there are shootings on a daily basis in that city just across the border , but just North of Nogales is Tucson which also has a shooting almost every day and is also right on the biggest drug corridor into the United States. If you all have seen the show Border Wars on National Geaographic channel you have seen what we've been dealing with for a long time. That was filmed in and around Nogales, part of that was filmed on some property that is within a mile of my Dad's house. The "illegal superhighway to the north" that I'm sure you've all seen in e-mails is right in my back yard and have seen it with my own eyes. Drugs and Illegal Immigrants are nothing new here, I have not only in my professional life but in my personnal life have dealt with them on numerous ocasions and understand thier plight, I go to Mexico twice a year to a little beach house we own in a small fishing village. I see the little shacks that they live in that are made out of whatever materials they can find. Most are hard working men and women that just want a better life. I agree with whoever posted earlier about changing the system so these people can be here legaly. It takes a long time to get a work visa or a "Green Card". My point in all of this is that I see both sides of the fence, and until there is no demand for drugs in the US and cheap labor they are going to find a way in. You can slow them down but you're not going to stop them.

Very interesting article WRT this in this month's America's First Freedom

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
    ... until there is no demand for drugs in the US and cheap labor they are going to find a way in. You can slow them down but you're not going to stop them.
    I agree with your perspective for the most part. There is a problem of demand on this side of the border. Drug demand can be handled by a change in drug policy. Adopting a health threat position would be better than the position we currently hold that makes addicts into criminals without additional crimes being committed.

As far as the cheap labor issue, most of the blame is on agricultural jobs, manual labor jobs, and seasonal jobs. Such temporary jobs can be shuffled under the rug as "something people won't do in the US." Of course, that's a complete falsehood. Residents would do the job if it would pay a reasonable wage. Illegal workers will take something below minimum wage because they live in obscene conditions. Sometimes a dozen people in a household. Much of what is made above the survival threshold gets sent back out of the country.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    I agree with your perspective for the most part. There is a problem of demand on this side of the border. Drug demand can be handled by a change in drug policy. Adopting a health threat position would be better than the position we currently hold that makes addicts into criminals without additional crimes being committed.

As far as the cheap labor issue, most of the blame is on agricultural jobs, manual labor jobs, and seasonal jobs. Such temporary jobs can be shuffled under the rug as "something people won't do in the US." Of course, that's a complete falsehood. Residents would do the job if it would pay a reasonable wage. Illegal workers will take something below minimum wage because they live in obscene conditions. Sometimes a dozen people in a household. Much of what is made above the survival threshold gets sent back out of the country.
    Paying a reasonable wage is great. Just remember the reason these employers avoid paying "a reasonable wage" is because increasing wages increases costs, which increase market prices. So Joe & Jane Citizen complain about the high cost of produce at the grocery store.

9. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Paying a reasonable wage is great. Just remember the reason these employers avoid paying "a reasonable wage" is because increasing wages increases costs, which increase market prices. So Joe & Jane Citizen complain about the high cost of produce at the grocery store.
    There have been several studies done on the cost of farm labor in relation to cost to the consumer. One example taken from California looked at lettuce. Raising the wage from ~$5.50-6.25/hr for illegal immigrants to $12/hr for legal American workers would raise the cost of a head of lettuce by just ten cents at retail. That's a doubling in wages, but less than a 10% increase in cost to the consumer.

Wouldn't the rise in prices be more accurate reflection of the value of food than a false price based on unfair labor conditions? On top of that, consider the hidden costs of paying for the illegal workers medical care, schooling for their children, and more.

Labor really is a small part of the overall cost for produce. Employers may try to explain away their behavior in hiring illegal immigrants, but it doesn't hold up to closer inspection of actual costs. There is no excuse for hiring illegal immigrants.

wolfhunter Guest
    Booga, I know the numbers balanced out like you show. I posted in the over-simplified way I did because so many of those who want to raise laborer's wages are the same ones that will complain about that 10 cents a head increase on lettuce costs.

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 Rep View Post
    You know if the illegals can get in, how many terrorists are doing the same...
    Thousands of terrorists have gotten in, they started coming in years ago. It's all part of the CHANGE yet to happen. Keep your guns oiled.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast