Going south

Thread: Going south

Going south

I live in Mi., plan on taking a trip down south in a few weeks. May stop by Bud's gun shop. Is it at all possible to purchase firearms there if I have a CPL ?

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I live in Mi., plan on taking a trip down south in a few weeks. May stop by Bud's gun shop. Is it at all possible to purchase firearms there if I have a CPL ?
    You may purchase a firearm(pistol) out of your state residence, but they will send it to your local FFL dealer. This is federal law.

If there are no impediments in your state law, you can purchase a long gun outside your state of residence and take possession of it.

Handguns must be shipped to an FFL in your home state and you can pick it up there. Shipping runs about $25 for a handgun and you can check here:
    GunBroker.com - FFL Holder Network
    to find a dealer near you who will accept shipment.

Talk to the dealer you want to work with before you go and make certain they'll accept the handgun for you.

Good hunting! If you pick up something cool, please let us know.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

18 USC (United States Code) 922 (b)(3):
    United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—

(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located, except that this paragraph

(A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States), and

(B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

I was just in Buds yesterday. Their new building is very nice & it has a very impressive indoor range.

Today is their "Grand Opening".

Gomig south

Thanks for all the info. May still stop in there, but as far as that goes, since I live a half hour from Cabellas, probably cheaper to just purchase there.

Thanks for all the info. May still stop in there, but as far as that goes, since I live a half hour from Cabellas, probably cheaper to just purchase there.
    I can't believe that you used Cabellas and cheaper in the same sentence!

On a similar line and I think I know but want to be sure. If I go to an out-of-state dealer and decide to trade a handgun I know that he has to ship the new gun to a dealer in my state but do I have to carry the on I am trading back to my home state and have a FFL ship it to him?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    On a similar line and I think I know but want to be sure. If I go to an out-of-state dealer and decide to trade a handgun I know that he has to ship the new gun to a dealer in my state but do I have to carry the on I am trading back to my home state and have a FFL ship it to him?
    No.

Guess I.ve been lucky enough to find some stuff at Cabellas when the " Sale " was on . Got a Walther P22 for $ 299. All of the gun shops in my area wanted $50 more than that. I try not to pay full price for anything, so I shop around. Gander Mt. just had the Ruger 380 LCP for $299. Looking for a deal on a Bond Arms 45/410, in my area.