Return of the Iron Fist of the Mall Ninja - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Iron Fist of the Mall Ninja

1. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's a joke it originally appeared on a PA gun forum several years ago
    I've got no experience with PA gun forums, but I've got an extensive background in literature.
    The post mentioned takes a lot of talking points from gun proponents, strings them together in satirical fashion, and adds details that are so far outside reasonable averages that people will be shocked. The admission of the author's own human flaws gives the aura of authenticity. All the while, the details convey ridiculous examples that can't possibly be true. It really is an awesome piece of writing.

Anyone mistaking it for the truth has been taken on a ride. Honestly, the author probably thought that people would see the sarcasm.

This is too funny to be real. Are there really mall ninjas like this? Any living ones, that is? I can't imagine anyone like this living for more than a few weeks before being gunned down by some gang-banger, or even a LEO.

This has GOT to be a joke!
    -= Piece Corps =-

wolfhunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    I've got no experience with PA gun forums, but I've got an extensive background in literature.
    The post mentioned takes a lot of talking points from gun proponents, strings them together in satirical fashion, and adds details that are so far outside reasonable averages that people will be shocked. The admission of the author's own human flaws gives the aura of authenticity. All the while, the details convey ridiculous examples that can't possibly be true. It really is an awesome piece of writing.

Anyone mistaking it for the truth has been taken on a ride. Honestly, the author probably thought that people would see the sarcasm.
    The problem with this kind of writing is that the Gun Grabber's will look at this story and quote it as scripture. All we need is someone trying to be funny? Then any decent person who legally carries will be viewed as a person to fear,gun nut, paranoid, etc... The Anti's are always looking for an excuse, let's not give them any more.

6. I read the story and hoped it was a joke

Thumbs down Return of the Iron Fist of the Mall Ninja

Come on Festus, tell us this isn't real... I've known some stupid people in my lifetime, but this clown is asking to become a statisic. If this guy is for real he needs to have his CCW permit revoked.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Exclamation I have no way of knowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Come on Festus, tell us this isn't real... I've known some stupid people in my lifetime, but this clown is asking to become a statisic. If this guy is for real he needs to have his CCW permit revoked.
    Just remember no system is perfect. As is evidenced by some of the members on this board we all have lapses in judgment from time to time. this guy for all we know may have had the 1/2 iq point over the required quotient for the minimum standard of training required for the state his permit came from.

I am reminded of some of the guys that worked for me in the USAF. They barely scraped through training and barely met the minimum training requirements. These guys still made the grade but just barely. the same may be true for this guy.

Either way he is out there somewhere.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I love satirical fiction like this!

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

Exclamation Return of the Iron Fist of the Mall Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Just remember no system is perfect. As is evidenced by some of the members on this board we all have lapses in judgment from time to time. this guy for all we know may have had the 1/2 iq point over the required quotient for the minimum standard of training required for the state his permit came from.

I am reminded of some of the guys that worked for me in the USAF. They barely scraped through training and barely met the minimum training requirements. These guys still made the grade but just barely. the same may be true for this guy.

Either way he is out there somewhere.
    I know exactly what you mean in your second para. As an FTD Master Instructor in Aircraft Maintence I saw several in the field that slipped thru the cracks at Sheppard AFB, and a couple who entered the field thru the old Amarillo AFB where I was one of the last to graduate from the old A&E Tech School before it changed into the Jet Aircraft one & two engines and they chopped it from 28 wks to 59 days.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I believe I have found a photo of the elusive "Mall Ninja" Gecko45. this photo was taken at a Double top secret Mall Ninja tactical training conference & trade show. Gecko45(aka Mall Ninja) is the one pictured on the left. Posing with him is one of the floor models, & a yet unidentified agent. Rumor has it though, it may be the even more elusive SPECOPS, his endearing comrade in arms. Please if anyone has better in-tell, please post a correction.
    Have a nice day!
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast