Have You Named Your Gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have You Named Your Gun?

Ha! This is a hoot! There was also a TV comedy, "Sledge Hammer". The detective had a 44 magnum that he talked to and slept with, but I can't recall if it had a name or not. And let's not forget Nicholas Cage's "Eleanor", the most beautiful Ford Mustang ever in "Gone in 60 Seconds".

As for me, I'm contemplating... Let's see. Bob, Dorothy, Will Robinson? I think not.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    Bersa 9mm - Thor's Hammer
    1873 SAA - Allan Quartermain Jr.

Its a very sad thing.......

Thor's Hammer = Moljnor

Allan Quartermain = London stock broker--murdered by Provision IRA

HUH???
    :D
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I haven't named my guns or my vehicles, except we call our surburban the "beast" because it's easier to say than suburban. My brother has a pair of matching pistols (can't remember what kind) one blued and one stainless he calls Salt and Pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Thor's Hammer = Moljnor

Allan Quartermain = London stock broker--murdered by Provision IRA

HUH???
    :D
    Haha...Go back a little bit more in history on both and you'll find the symbol of great power and a great fictional hunter who discovered king solomon's mine. No fair getting PC with gun names... :D
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

No names for the "weaponry"..but the code word thing is a good idea..we have been using the word "Widget"..the wife will ask if I have the widget in my pocket etc..as for the truck, no name officially, but it has been dubbed "The Guzzler" and at a whopping 5 mpg, it just seemed appropriate!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

7. Kimber cdp = rita/ kimber ultra carry = shorty.All others just guns.

Smile

Ok if you must know, Little Bubba.
    An armed society is a polite society.

If I have to describe a gun --I call it what it is--CZ,XD,etc.
    The only reason I would name something would be if I needed to call it. I always know where my guns are so I don't need to name them.:)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bubba View Post
    Ok if you must know, Little Bubba.

I don't think the OP meant that one!

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

11. Wife # 2, usually referred to as the crazy gold digging sick b itch named my gun "Willy". But then a lot of people refer to that particular "weapon" as "Willy."

OH! you mean "that" kind of a gun! :o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast