Have You Named Your Gun? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have You Named Your Gun?

My grandmother has a Taurus .357 revolver she named "Bertha" after the German howitzers from WW I. My grandfather named his rifle "Robert E. Lee" - not sure if it was after the man or the car.

I have yet to be able to come up with a suitable name for my parkerized 9mm semiauto. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. :)
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I have only named my Kimber, and AR. My Kimber is sensative like a female, likes to be pampered and taken out to be shown off, so I named her... Kimberly (How approriate is that?) I've named my AR Jihad...Go figure...
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

I started this thread for fun, nothing more. But I had entertained the thought of naming my guns. I used to really enjoy the Mike Hammer TV show and think of "Betsy" often. So, considering my two handguns, I'm thinking brother and sister. And because they throw brass and I have to stoop down to pick it up so I can reload, I'm thinking this:
    the Sig P220 Compact - Ben Dover
    the NAA 380 - Eileen Dover
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

"The Heater"
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

No but I used to work with a woman that called her's Lucille.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

echo_5 Guest

unintentionally....

.....two of mine got named by me and a shooting buddy. The Mossberg 500 got "the *****" 'cuz it handles the dirty work. The loaded M1A with 4-12 scope got "ma bell" 'cuz you can reach out and touch someone.

I tell my wife when I carry I call my weapon my "friend"
    XD-45acp Comp.
    XD-357sig. Service
    XD-9 Service
    XD-40 SC
    XD-9 SC
    Walter P-22

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123