Is Ammo Back?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Ammo Back?

Is Ammo Back?

I was at walmart today to pick up some food and as always I had to go check out their stock (or lack there of) of ammo... to my surprise the shelves were full! I had to get a closer look. they had bulk packs of .22 in winchester, federal and remington. even had CCI mini mags and stingers which I have not seen in such a long time there. they were full of 9mm, .40 also. the only one I did not see in pistol caliber that I have a need for was .45. I'm wondering if the recent SCOTUS decision has anything to do with this... has anyone else been pleasantly surprised?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Don'ta 'now 'Crow... Was in a Meijer over the Weekend, Picked up a box of 40's and a box of 44's. They had a few boxes of this and that, but I would not say that they were well stocked.
    Semper Fi

My local Walmart has been getting better and better ever since Christmas. Just yesterday they had 2 brands of .380, totaling about 6 or 8 boxes. .38, 9MM, .40, and .45 out the wazoo. Even the other pistol calibers they stock had at least a box or two. The only thing they had NONE of was .357 Sig.

SG and Rifle rounds are just about full to capacity.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Seems to be more available in my area. Picked up some bulk 9mm at Bi Mart, they had lots.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    My local Walmart has been getting better and better ever since Christmas. Just yesterday they had 2 brands of .380, totaling about 6 or 8 boxes. .38, 9MM, .40, and .45 out the wazoo. Even the other pistol calibers they stock had at least a box or two. The only thing they had NONE of was .357 Sig.

SG and Rifle rounds are just about full to capacity.
    Wow, I'll trade you. My Walmart has had .357 Sig forever but I need .357 magnum which they don't have. Their stock has gotten better lately, but their shelves aren't full yet. Still out of some stuff I want, but I have more at home...
    Fondis

Same here. Seems to be getting better. Best get as much as you can while you can. You never know when it will dry up again.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Not in my part of the world...

I missed a match this weekend for want of ammo. I didnt have the time to reload so I stopped by 3 different gunshops & 2 different walmart's & could not find a single box of 9mm, 357 or 44mag.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Yes, for now anyway, the ammo is stocked up here in Indiana where I live. I have been getting 9x19 for about 13.00 a box. 115gr. ball, but good enough for plinking.

i was in the Danvers MA walmart a few weeks back, and I saw 3 boxes of .45 acp. first time in the 2 years of gun ownership that i actualy seen pistol ammo at walmart!! That was the only pistol cal they had

Getting 100 count boxes of 9 mm and amazingly .380 lately. I think it is plain old supply and demand. WMart also lifted the ammo box limit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast