Words from the master read and heed!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Words from the master read and heed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Great article,as usual from Mr. Ayoob...thanks for sharing, Festus.

One thing I would point out...

Sawing off a shotgun for someone may have been stupid, and illegal, but it wasn't a Capital Offense.
    Yeah, no kidding. I've probably done stupider things in my day and would have been quite perturbed to have been executed for them.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. I've probably done stupider things in my day and would have been quite perturbed to have been executed for them.
    Course they did not execute Randy Weaver. Just most of his family.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Packing.org has been defunct for a couple of years now. I came here from there. When was that article penned?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

5. “The man who represents himself in court has a fool for an attorney.”

Maybe, but I'm a student of law and I have done quite well in the past for myself, only on minor stuff of course. Unless you're famous or rich, most lawyers want to get you on out of the way so they can get down to the golf course for the afternoon tee off. Court-appointed lawyers are the worst. I seem to do better for myself than someone who gets paid the same whether I go to jail or not.

But I have studied law extensivley and probably know more than many "real" lawyers.

6. “The man who represents himself in court has a fool for an attorney.”

Maybe, but I'm a student of law and I have done quite well in the past for myself, only on minor stuff of course. Unless you're famous or rich, most lawyers want to get you on out of the way so they can get down to the golf course for the evening. Court-appointed lawyers are the worst. I seem to do better for myself than someone who gets paid the same whether I go to jail or not.

But I have studied law extensivley and probably know as much as many "real" lawyers. When your OWN NECK is in the noose there's a huge motivation factor that just isn't there when it's SOMEONE ELSES neck in the noose.

The only downside is I don't have the "good old boy" connections that an attorney has to get strings pulled. On the other hand, a judge will allow a Pro-Se to screw up process more and allow looser protocol than he would expect from a real attorney.

Good post. Thanks

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Packing.org has been defunct for a couple of years now. I came here from there. When was that article penned?
    You're right. IIRC, LukeM got the idea for this site when PDO updates became irratic and unreliable and that was Sept.2007.

The article is from The Backwoods Home magazine Issue #105, May/June 2007

Issue #105 of Backwoods Home Magazine -- the place for self-reliance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12