Hooked on revolvers......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hooked on revolvers......

Cool Hooked on revolvers......

Hello, all. I am a displaced Cajun living up here in NW Ohio. I have been a CCW holder for several years now. I still carry the S&W 681PC ( Performance Center ) .357 mag with the original Crimson Trace Lasergrips. It was the first "Top Shelf" handgun that I ever bought. Anybody out there still dedicated to carrying wheelguns? If so, why? I grew up shooting the Combat Masterpieces and Highway Patrolmans that My Dad used as a Deputy Sheriff in Indiana. I've been hooked on revolvers ever since. Not that I have anything against semi's, mind you, I just haven't felt the urge, yet. Maybe if there was a Stainless .357 mag like a Brown, or Wilson, or Kimber or Nighthawk available, those would definitely get my attention. Oh well, I've rambled on long enough. Take care, and always shoot straight.

6Shooters are good... I sure like mine.

Welcome to the group
    Semper Fi

I carry a .38. It was a birthday present that i picked out when i was younger. (not to mention i live in Mass, so most of the new good stuff cant be bought here anyway) Maybe others disagree, but if i need more than 5 shots to get out of trouble, i have a bigger problem than a handgun can handle. Add to that all the statistics that say most (though not all im well aware) situations have an average of 3.5 shots fired by each person, and i feel well armed with what i have, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudzilla View Post
    Hello, all. I am a displaced Cajun living up here in NW Ohio. I have been a CCW holder for several years now. I still carry the S&W 681PC ( Performance Center ) .357 mag with the original Crimson Trace Lasergrips. It was the first "Top Shelf" handgun that I ever bought. Anybody out there still dedicated to carrying wheelguns? If so, why? I grew up shooting the Combat Masterpieces and Highway Patrolmans that My Dad used as a Deputy Sheriff in Indiana. I've been hooked on revolvers ever since. Not that I have anything against semi's, mind you, I just haven't felt the urge, yet. Maybe if there was a Stainless .357 mag like a Brown, or Wilson, or Kimber or Nighthawk available, those would definitely get my attention. Oh well, I've rambled on long enough. Take care, and always shoot straight.
    I am a huge wheel-gunner...have been for about 22 years now. My reason is probably multi-fold. First, when I went through the POST academy in 1988, autos were still pretty uncommon, so I learned to shoot on one. Second, I think they are more ergonomic/fit better in my hand. Third, if you pull the triiger, it goes BAM..if it doesn't you pull the trigger again! (I know this will illicit lots of comments ). Lastly, I think they just look cooler than autos!

My primary carry guns are a Sig P220 (ok,ok, not a wheelgun) and a Taurus 850UL, depending upon weather, attire, etc.

Not against autos, but like my revolvers (all 8 of them) better

I carry both, some days a wheel (.357), some days a Auto (1911). I prefer bigger cal firearms. I don't carry speed loaders for the wheel though, does cross my mind occasionally. Funny, I do occasionally carry an extra clip for the auto. More of a comfort thing. Clips lay flat, speed loaders don't. Hope I never have the need to reload!

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

wheel gun

I prefer a wheel gun for carry. It will function 99% of the time.

I will not teach new shooters pistol shooting with a semi auto. To many things going on. Many more techniques can be taught with a revolver.

Different loads can be placed in a revolver, quickly.

For hunting, only the T/C contender/Encore surpass a revolver.

You can't play Russian roulette with a semi-auto.

Revolvers are much more difficult to shoot inner city sideways gangsta style.

Many more choices of grips available.

Barney Fife, Matt Dillon, and John Wayne carried one.

They are classics, and just look cool.

Five, six, seven, or eight shots. Any more needed, perhaps you need more marksmanship practice.

of all the hand guns I own or have owned my Ruger single six feels the best and looks the best. I can dry fire it (unusual for a rimfire it's .17HMR) and I can't fan the trigger on my autos
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

I love 'em both. I mostly carry semi-autos, but sometimes I carry my S&W 629 .44 Magnum or my Ruger SP101 .357. My wife wants a Ruger LCR .357 to carry .38 SPL +P in.

I also love my Freedom Arms .454 Casull.

You really can't go wrong with either type if you buy a firearm of good quality.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I still have the Ruger Security Six (.357 Mag) that I carried as a LEO. I occasionally carry it, but depending on what I am wearing, I carry the Rossi 2-inch snub nose chambered in .357 or the Springfield Model 1911 Ultra (.45 AACP). That little snubbie is fun and I have been practicing point and shoot (remember the old FBI style of semi-crouch and point and shoot?)

I have a S&W 442. Great gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast