9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home

  1. #11
    Man, I hate to hear about this kind of thing. What a tragedy.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  2.   
  3. #12
    In this case would, "guns don't kill people. People kill people" apply since the 9 year old shot his brother, but didn't know the rammifications of pulling the trigger?

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    In this case would, "guns don't kill people. People kill people" apply since the 9 year old shot his brother, but didn't know the rammifications of pulling the trigger?
    The gun did not kill. The person pulling the trigger did... Still has not changed...

    And the person who is responsible for keeping the gun out of the hands of another person who is untrained and unaware of the potential danger (parent or parents). Still comes down to the people in this case.

    If the 9 year old had gotten into the family car and the keys were there in the ignition lock and he was able to start the car and drive over his brother would you recommend we make cars illegal?

    If he was able to gain access to the shed and start the chain saw then cut off the arm of his brother, shall we make power tools illegal?

    People are responsible... or irresponsible... Assign blame if that's what's needed..

    It's a machine like all other tools, made for a purpose, requires training to operate and handle responsibly.
    Blame the tool? It's the guns fault...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    the gun did not kill. The person pulling the trigger did... Still has not changed...

    And the person who is responsible for keeping the gun out of the hands of another person who is untrained and unaware of the potential danger (parent or parents). Still comes down to the people in this case.

    If the 9 year old had gotten into the family car and the keys were there in the ignition lock and he was able to start the car and drive over his brother would you recommend we make cars illegal?

    If he was able to gain access to the shed and start the chain saw then cut off the arm of his brother, shall we make power tools illegal?

    People are responsible... Or irresponsible... Assign blame if that's what's needed..

    It's a machine like all other tools, made for a purpose, requires training to operate and handle responsibly.
    Blame the tool? It's the guns fault...

    Peace...
    bravo!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The gun did not kill. The person pulling the trigger did... Still has not changed...

    And the person who is responsible for keeping the gun out of the hands of another person who is untrained and unaware of the potential danger (parent or parents). Still comes down to the people in this case.

    If the 9 year old had gotten into the family car and the keys were there in the ignition lock and he was able to start the car and drive over his brother would you recommend we make cars illegal?

    If he was able to gain access to the shed and start the chain saw then cut off the arm of his brother, shall we make power tools illegal?

    People are responsible... or irresponsible... Assign blame if that's what's needed..

    It's a machine like all other tools, made for a purpose, requires training to operate and handle responsibly.
    Blame the tool? It's the guns fault...

    Peace...
    Agreed,
    Semper Fi

  7. #16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    In this case would, "guns don't kill people. People kill people" apply since the 9 year old shot his brother, but didn't know the rammifications of pulling the trigger?
    The gun did not kill. The person pulling the trigger did... Still has not changed...

    And the person who is responsible for keeping the gun out of the hands of another person who is untrained and unaware of the potential danger (parent or parents). Still comes down to the people in this case.

    If the 9 year old had gotten into the family car and the keys were there in the ignition lock and he was able to start the car and drive over his brother would you recommend we make cars illegal?

    If he was able to gain access to the shed and start the chain saw then cut off the arm of his brother, shall we make power tools illegal?

    People are responsible... or irresponsible... Assign blame if that's what's needed..

    It's a machine like all other tools, made for a purpose, requires training to operate and handle responsibly.
    Blame the tool? It's the guns fault...
    I agree here, people are the ones responsible for what happens.

    I do believe that if a child is exposed to weapons and knows what effects a fired weapon can have, there may have been a different outcome.

    I think you can talk, threaten, explain all you want to a child. They will still let their curiosity get the better of them, sometimes with catastrophic results. If anyone is shown explicitly the results of what a fired weapon can do, they will think many times before even touching it. When they do handle it, it should be under adult instruction in what, why when, where, and how it should be used.

    Like any weapon there is a time to use and a time not to. I would prefer my children to knowledgeably and safely be able to use it when the need comes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE: Any Semi-Auto Can Be A Machine Gun
    By Oregon Vet in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 07:23 AM
  2. Gun Rights Threatened In 2008
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
  3. CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime
    By lukem in forum Pennsylvania Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
  4. Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
  5. Boy Kills Mom's Attacker
    By PascalFleischman in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast