9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home

Unhappy 9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home

Very tragic. Where were the parents when this happened and how did the boy get a hold of the gun?

FOXNews.com - Police: 9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home

Police: 9-year-old boy accidentally kills 2-year-old brother as he plays with gun in LA home

Published July 10, 2010

| Associated Press

LOS ANGELES

Los Angeles police say a 9-year-old boy playing with a loaded gun accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old brother.

Police said in a statement Saturday that officers and paramedics found the toddler with a bullet wound to the torso after they were called to the boys' home in the San Fernando Valley.

Police say the 2-year-old died at a hospital Friday night.

The statement says homicide detectives interviewed family members and determined that the gun had gone off while the 9-year-old was playing with it.

Police say no criminal charges are pending.

The name of the 9-year-old was not released because he is a minor, and the name of the 2-year-old is being withheld while family members are properly notified.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Sad situation, and I wonder why there isn't any criminal charges being filed, and how does a gun go off accidentally? Maybe it's a California thing where guns go off by themselves.

i can't even be sarcastic in this situation...it is a tragedy that the parents didn't take proper precautions/steps to avoid this...it really breaks my heart...i would be absolutely devistated...just unacceptable
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Sad situation, and I wonder why there isn't any criminal charges being filed, and how does a gun go off accidentally? Maybe it's a California thing where guns go off by themselves.
    It's California; there will be charges coming against the adult who should have been supervising them.

That is, unless, that adult is one of the priveleged class such as LEO, elected office holder, friend of sheriff or others with political connections. For them it's an unfortunate accident to be blamed on anything but personal irresponsibility.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

The family has to deal with this for the rest of their lives, punishment enough. Regardless what you guys think of all Californians, a few of them have some compassion.

I was taught from as young as I can remember that you NEVER, EVER, EVER, F$#%ING EVER point a gun, even a toy one, at anything you don't want to destroy. I made that mistake with a toy gun once and I caught ever-loving he!! for it. And don't even ask about the time I shot a pellet rifle at a toy truck (a Tonka - man those things were tough) and it rickocheted off the truck and hit the door to the house (lesson - you are ALWAYS responsible for each bullet you fire)! When I played war with the other kids it looked like the A-team as I was always aiming up in the tree somewhere. 9 years old is old enough to understand this.

This is truly tragic. It could have been avoided. Prayers to the family and the 9 year old. He's gonna have a tough time living with this.

8. i HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD AND A 2 YEAR OLD AND A GUN SAFE.

I cant imagine losing my 2 year old like this.

My heart goes out to these parents and the 9 year old.

This should be a clear lesson to all of us to never never never allow our children access to our guns.

My prayers go out to this family.

Im going to go kiss and hug my 2 year.

DVictor

Question.
    If you have children in your house, would you leave your skill saw plugged in?

Then why would you leave a firearm, and bullets laying around?

Because your children are trained?

In homes with children, best place for guns is behind a combo lock.

This kind of trajady is 100% preventable.

This is a very stupid tragic situation that should not have happend.I feel sad for all involved.That poor kid will have to deal with what he did forever.And it is the parents fault.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

Man, you know what could have prevented this situation?

MORE GUNS AND LESS GUN CONTROL! Had that two-year old been armed, he could have fought off the assailant and become a member of this forum.

amirite?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast