Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 10

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

we are all Americans. we are under attack from illegal aliens and politicians who would leave us unarmed. This is a perfect example of divide and conquer. We need to stay focused to preserve or rights after that.....free for all!
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I completely agree with this. It's in this thread repeatedly.

Often, a thread is posted and a few posts down somebody has to bring in a scripture reference for some reason. Then a group of other believers chime in with their own scripture cut and paste to not be left being in the piety department.

If one is rude enough to point out that the thread is being taken off topic they are immediately excoriated for being anti-Christian.

All I, myself, have ever asked for is that the threads be kept on-topic. That has brought some nasty remarks down on me more than once. And yes, in the past I've struck back -- I'm trying not to do that any more. Since the 2008 election the stakes are too high.

As for the rude remarks -- both sides are to blame. But, when one of the posters with links to Christian websites or scripture in every post or sig makes a rude remark they get ignored. When one of the vocally anti-Christian makes a rude remark they are piled upon.

Banning discussion of Politics and Religion destroys a forum; I've witnessed the degradation more than once. If you guys can't agree to stay on topic and not attack each other you'll leave the forum Admins little choice but to kill this forum to save it.

You and I have discussed and agreed to disagree before. I do not have a problem with you. I know where you stand and you know where I stand. Other than the subject of Christianity I think that as far as I can remember when it comes to politics and the state of affairs of our once great Republic as well as most other topics we have agreed more often than not.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am a believer. This I admit freely.

Yet what I am seeing is BOTH sides adding fuel to personal attacks. Consideration of the others that are posting to threads should mean that personal attacks or fights over beliefs should be taken elsewhere. I someone is a non-believer let him say that and then keep quiet. If someone is a believer let him do this also. Arguing is only going to prove that one person attacking another causes strife and IMHO no one wins.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

Peace...
    OK I'll bite...

What exactly does this mean?? I figured since I was at work maybe I wasnt in the right mindset. I am home now & have concluded I must be dense because I still dont get it.

PM me if nessisary
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

If someone doesn't want to be bother with these two, than just don't click on the site! Removing them isn't fair to those who do wish to discuse these topics! Theres some I don't bother with but just because I don't should they be removed,,NO! I just don't click on to them!

7. Quote Originally Posted by hollie1 View Post
    If someone doesn't want to be bother with these two, than just don't click on the site! Removing them isn't fair to those who do wish to discuse these topics! Theres some I don't bother with but just because I don't should they be removed,,NO! I just don't click on to them!
    Imagine this scenerio though:

"I want to discuss religion and politics. Hmm, I think I'll stroll on over to usacarry.com: open and concealed carry information and community."

Which part seems out of place?

O.K. everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me. I will not feed the trolls.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

OK, My 2 cents for what it's worth...

But 1st let me say this:
    Thank You Luke for all your HARD WORK on this site. I know it's a real PAIN in your Posterior at time.. Sorry, it just comes with being involved with people..
    I'll support you in most anything you decide, you have been MORE than reasonable!!!

1) I personally don't like the great volume of Political posts.. IF you are that passionate about all that stuff, I'm SURE there is a forum for you somewhere.. Politics that directly effect the 2nd Amendment is of course omitted from the above dislike.. People seem to have NO filters, what so ever, as to what outlandish post they will copy and paste.. I can't figure out if they are really that gullible, or hoping that I am..

2) The tone of MANY Christians on this site makes me really scratch my head.. What does they Bible say?? "They will know you by your LOVE one for another".. WWJD?? - I'm sure it would NOT be many of the things I've witnessed on this site.. Jesus hung out with Tax collectors and whores and who did he give the biggest hassle to?? The Religious people..
    BTW- I don't expect any better from NON-Christians, they don't need an excuse..

3) How much should this site align itself with the tenants of this great land??? It should obviously support the 2nd Amendment in any way possible, but how about the 1st?? I guess we shouldn't HAVE to align the site with what this country was founded on, but it probably is a good idea, however painful it might be, just like it is within the country itself.. (but limits may be reasonable - Don't punish all due to the few)

So I vote to keep it like it is; But could easily support you Luke if YOU choose otherwise or the vote goes that way.
    IF there was a way to create a religious category and then limit the number of posts each log on name could start each month (like 3 - 5) in Politics and Religion, that would be great.. It would hopefully cause people to filter some and only post the most important information to them.. (sort of limited 1st amendment I guess)

I do think all the back and forth make it feel less like a good community to hang out in.. I'm not sure what people think they are really accomplishing by all the nonsense, do they really think they are going to convince people otherwise??? Really??
    So is a Gay Liberal 2nd Amendment supporter a friend or foe?? Battles always create strange "bedfellows". "The enemy of MY enemy is my friend".
    So I guess I'm saying IF you limit this site to discussions about Guns and 2nd Amendment, then it may serve the original purpose of the site better, but it will be less of a community.. In all communities you have good and bad, and I guess that's why we have police.. I guess Luke, you are asking how much of a police presence we want..

Sorry - I didn't expect my post to be nearly so long.. I guess I gave my Dollar and a half's worth...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

10. Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    OK, My 2 cents for what it's worth...
    1) I personally don't like the great volume of Political posts.. IF you are that passionate about all that stuff, I'm SURE there is a forum for you somewhere.. Politics that directly effect the 2nd Amendment is of course omitted from the above dislike.. People seem to have NO filters, what so ever, as to what outlandish post they will copy and paste.. I can't figure out if they are really that gullible, or hoping that I am..

2) The tone of MANY Christians on this site makes me really scratch my head.. What does they Bible say?? "They will know you by your LOVE one for another".. WWJD?? - I'm sure it would NOT be many of the things I've witnessed on this site.. Jesus hung out with Tax collectors and whores and who did he give the biggest hassle to?? The Religious people..
    BTW- I don't expect any better from NON-Christians, they don't need an excuse..

3) How much should this site align itself with the tenants of this great land??? It should obviously support the 2nd Amendment in any way possible, but how about the 1st?? I guess we shouldn't HAVE to align the site with what this country was founded on, but it probably is a good idea, however painful it might be, just like it is within the country itself.. (but limits may be reasonable - Don't punish all due to the few)

So I vote to keep it like it is; But could easily support you Luke if YOU choose otherwise or the vote goes that way.
    IF there was a way to create a religious category and then limit the number of posts each log on name could start each month (like 3 - 5) in Politics and Religion, that would be great.. It would hopefully cause people to filter some and only post the most important information to them.. (sort of limited 1st amendment I guess)

I do think all the back and forth make it feel less like a good community to hang out in.. I'm not sure what people think they are really accomplishing by all the nonsense, do they really think they are going to convince people otherwise??? Really??
    So is a Gay Liberal 2nd Amendment supporter a friend or foe?? Battles always create strange "bedfellows". "The enemy of MY enemy is my friend".
    So I guess I'm saying IF you limit this site to discussions about Guns and 2nd Amendment, then it may serve the original purpose of the site better, but it will be less of a community.. In all communities you have good and bad, and I guess that's why we have police.. I guess Luke, you are asking how much of a police presence we want..

Thank You Luke for all your HARD WORK on this site. I know it's a real PAIN in your Posterior at time.. Sorry, it just comes with being involved with people..
    I'll support you in most anything you decide, you have been MORE than reasonable!!!

Sorry - I didn't expect my post to be nearly so long.. I guess I gave my Dollar and a half's worth...
    I agree with you sir. I think a religion area and politics area within the website might be a good idea.

This is the only forum I frequent. Thanks for all the hard work Luke!
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Imagine this scenerio though:

"I want to discuss religion and politics. Hmm, I think I'll stroll on over to usacarry.com: open and concealed carry information and community."

Which part seems out of place?
    Midnight, didn't you, just this evening, post not one but two threads under the Off Topic forum here at USACarry about the Church of Satan and the Satanic Community? Satanism is a religion, Young Man, because it involves the worship of Satan. I have to wonder why, considering your displeasure with any discussion of religion at this website, you would submit those posts. I believe that you owe all of us an explanation!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast