Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

1. Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Hey Cathy... quick question. Do Atheists believe in any sort of supernatural or spirits of any kind?
    Well I don't. I enjoy reading about different aspects of the supernatural subject but will remain a skeptic until I witness unexplained proof or end up in a foxhole.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Well I don't. I enjoy reading about different aspects of the supernatural subject but will remain a skeptic until I witness unexplained proof or end up in a foxhole.

Andy
    Supernatural like this guy?:
    Peter Popoff Ministries | Touching Hurting People Around the World
    watch the video at the bottom of the page after the opening.
    Peter says God will pay all your bills and even put money in your bank account, supernaturally.

4. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Supernatural like this guy?:
    Peter Popoff Ministries | Touching Hurting People Around the World
    watch the video at the bottom of the page after the opening.
    Peter says God will pay all your bills and even put money in your bank account, supernaturally.
    Interesting.

It's one thing to live by the word and teachings of God, but there's something wrong with ministries that make promises around miracle healing and getting wealthy through God.
    REPEAL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL NATIONAL FIREARMS AND GUN CONTROL ACTS

5. Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    How about moving all political only and religion only based issues to a separate place that you need permission to enter? Those that desire to see these threads can do so and those that don't want to see them won't be offended.
    General references to faith, beliefs and politics should be allowed just not allowed to become the main focus of any thread outside of the specific political & faith forums.
    I believe that most already self select which threads that they want to participate with. While there have been many on religion and politics, I see that the pure gun questions continue along unabated. It appears to me that this adds to the forum instead of detracting from it. Everyone is free to pick and choose. What greater system is there than that personal freedom to engage or not engage in the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Interesting.

It's one thing to live by the word and teachings of God, but there's something wrong with ministries that make promises around miracle healing and getting wealthy through God.
    My point is preacher x promises you something. Preacer Y promises what X said and more.
    Who is to say that peper popperoff is right or wrong.
    They all ask you to put your faith in a invisable man named God. or a few other names.

All of them want you to send them money.

It is all about faith. Faith can bring you guidence, as well as comfort.

If it works, go for it.

However, those of faith have no right to shove it at other folks.

Everyone here knows how to get faith. Church, internet, TV. Most here have a bible in the home.

Stop shooting each other with the scripture guns.

I don't really care what peter, or paul said.

I find what paul, john, george, and ringo wrote to be much more entertaining.

Hello friends,
    I have seen various sites online that offer information regarding concealed carry etc. and in my opinion none of them have the variety and depth of information that USA Carry has.

I think that the issue of whether or not to ban religion and or politics on this site makes for interesting learning about the mindset of those who visit here, but otherwise it is for me a non issue.

Here's what I mean, our nation was founded on "religious" principals and its politicians often try to use religion as a catalyst to fuel unnecessary and time wasting debate in order to distract the voters from whatever the main issue really is, when in reality (like this poll question) it is not the subject of religion or politics that really matter, but rather for me it becomes just another loss of freedom when a ban is imposed simply to appease a given audience.

This site to me is about education and information of our 2nd Amendment rights which by its history contains the "religious" foundation of our nation which is brought into action through the institution of our Democracy (politics).

Religion and politics may not be as much at odds as folks make them out to be. For me, those who say it's never a good idea to talk about religion and politics together need more education on both.

This is an excellent site, please don't ruin it by imposing a ban on the intelligent just to appease the fearful.
    theodas

Quote Originally Posted by theodas View Post
    ... This is an excellent site, please don't ruin it by imposing a ban on the intelligent just to appease the fearful.
    Very well said sir... and... nice first post! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by theodas View Post
    ...please don't ruin it by imposing a ban on the intelligent just to appease the fearful.
    Did you get that backwards?

"please don't ruin it by imposing a ban on the fearful just to appease the intelligent."

No, no, no. Impose a ban on the fearful if it means less of a burden on the intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

Andy
    Ditto. I love Harry Potter's universe. It's filled with new and innovative rules aside from science. I'm always intrigued by magic systems, looking for ways in which they aren't internally consistent, and after that to see how they give lip service to science, especially in terms of conservation of energy type issues. I do the same thing with superhero mutations.

I've even invented my own magic system modelled largely on computer science and physics with which I wanted to write a female American Harry Potter in the 16th century. Sort of Little Witches instead of Little Women.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

11. Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    How about moving all political only and religion only based issues to a separate place that you need permission to enter? Those that desire to see these threads can do so and those that don't want to see them won't be offended.
    General references to faith, beliefs and politics should be allowed just not allowed to become the main focus of any thread outside of the specific political & faith forums.
    That would mean, if it goes into effect, you will have to change your sig pic at the bottom of each of your posts.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast