Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

If there is a thread that is posted as a topic I have no interest in, I avoid it. It's as simple as that. Like other aspects of life, there are agitators here as well. To assume otherwise would just be silly and foolish.
    Here's a couple if lines from recent post by HK4U which I think applies to this situation perfectly:

If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
    Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A Liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

People need to be mindful of others regardless of the situation, but comments like the "Zealot Christian Patiot Committee" are not mindful either. There are people on both sides of the policital and religious sprectrum that I avoid, not because of the topic, but because of the attitude.

The best thing I can say is that we just need to be real about who we are and what we do! You will know people by their fruits. I shouldn't have to present my life as a Godless one, for fear of offending others. The Bill of Rights presents protections of God-given rights from the government. To take that away from discussions takes away the foundation of what this site stands for. Yes, those rights give people the right to complain, and even be disrespectful. The disrespect should be dealt with on an individual basis, not by punishing everyone.

"Mom's" 2 cents: I love USACarry just the way it is, Luke. There is a designated forum for "Politics" and anyone who doesn't want to participate can avoid it. As to discussions on religion or faith, it appears to me that, most who are against it, purposely participate in those threads, just to stir the pot. Unless one is a Muslim, the federal government is already infringing on our 1st Amendment rights. It is my sincere hope that USACarry will refuse to do the same.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

[QUOTE=Boomer;147409]When I 1st found this site it was a breath of fresh air for me. Finally I found a site where one could be ones self. Letís face it, the most oppressed & censored group in America today is the WASP. This site actually embraces WASP's & allows us to converse about a topic we love (guns) while also embracing our faith. There are dozens of other gun related forums where one can not even mention their beliefs. This one was different.
    I like this site so much I intend to support it in a tangible manner.

There are a handful that feel that if religion is even mentioned in passing they are compelled to jump on the thread & create a stir.

WHO SAYS we as a forum MUST support pluralism, multiculturalism, etcl? WHY must we lower ourselves to the lowest common denominator? WHO is it that will be pleased by such a move? The 3-5 NON supporters of this website???
    Take a stand & embrace the Judao Christian beliefs as an official stance for this forum!
    If you are offended by such talk, well there are other forums out there arenít they? I am sure Iceman would be happy to spread the word & the 2-3 folks he takes with him shant be missed.

God guts & guns built this country, letís celebrate all three. You get rid of politics & religion & you become just another gun forum.

Obviously Luke this is your site to do with as you please. Let your conscience decide.

That is what I do not and can not understand. If someone does not like the mention of religion in any way form or fashion why rather than ruining it for the majority can they just not stay away from this particular forum. It seems pretty simple. There are a few forums here that are of no particular interest to me so I do not spend time on them and I do not bash others that want to. We have already relegated the mention of God to this specific forum. Do we have to give in to the minority and ban the mention of God altogether. That is a large part of the problem in this country today. The minority get their way no matter what the majority thinks. The decision is of course up to Luke but I would ask what happens the next time the malcontents finds another forum they do not like.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Fact

Jesus only became angry when he went to church.

If religion talk can piss off the son of God, the king of kings, it does a real number on us mere mortals.

Worship what, and as often as you like. If it makes you a better person, I am all for it.

IMO, religion, and politics have to place here.

6. The only thing I think we might want to think about regulating is personal attacks on a fellow member of the forum. Debating someone's ideas is one thing. Calling them names is another. We should all learn to be respectful, even to the trolls.

If you are offended by religion and politics, stay off of the religion and political forum. If you are offended by a user, use the ignore button.

Christians, like any other religious folk, can get caught up in the dogma of their religion and attack those that do not believe or behave according to their interpretation of the TRUTH. If you disagree with them, you can argue, disagree, ignore, etc, all secure within the anonimity of the internet.

And, if you lose the religion and politics, it would get awfully quiet around here, maybe VERY quiet as people move on to places where they can discuss the things they want to.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

We have believers and non-believers on this site... There are only a few non-believers that actually protest or get offended by any mention of God or Jesus.

One of the reasons that our great country is in the shape it's in, is because people don't talk about politics enough.
    Be honest with yourself: ask your friends if they are aware what is currently happening in Wash DC right now. I'll bet the majority of your friends really have no clue what's been going on. Too many people in this country have no clue what obama is trying to do, and it is just this kind of mentality that will allow him to succeed.
    We don't need to STOP talking about it, we need to INCREASE the number of people who do talk about it.

Yes, this is a gun related site, but it has, and rightly so, a venue for talking about subjects that can, and do, get heated. Keep it on the field, play within the rules, and if you break those rules, you don't get to play.
    Kinda like life in general.

Ban them both. They are inseparable. The religious demographic is the same demographic targeted by the political FUD spreaders. You cannot have one without the other and they cannot proliferate their hatred and warped ideals without an audience. They will use any excuse possible to brig on the bigotry and hate.

Personally, it would save me some time posting here without feeling compelled to counter their insidious message all the time. You should all be happy to know I've about had my fill of it. Lots of other places on the Internet to spend my time.

Why was there no choice to allow discussion of politics and religion but insist they remain in appropriate fora?

The problem with the current situation is that you have posters who insist on arguing about religion (mostly) and politics ( a bit --usually just the current administration) in every thread they post in.

Right now you've got a few people who cut and paste scripture at each other and cause discussion to end due to the clutter in threads.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    When I 1st found this site it was a breath of fresh air for me. Finally I found a site where one could be ones self. Letís face it, the most oppressed & censored group in America today is the WASP. This site actually embraces WASP's & allows us to converse about a topic we love (guns) while also embracing our faith. There are dozens of other gun related forums where one can not even mention their beliefs. This one was different.
    I like this site so much I intend to support it in a tangible manner.

There are a handful that feel that if religion is even mentioned in passing they are compelled to jump on the thread & create a stir.

WHO SAYS we as a forum MUST support pluralism, multiculturalism, etcl? WHY must we lower ourselves to the lowest common denominator? WHO is it that will be pleased by such a move? The 3-5 NON supporters of this website???
    Take a stand & embrace the Judao Christian beliefs as an official stance for this forum!
    If you are offended by such talk, well there are other forums out there arenít they? I am sure Iceman would be happy to spread the word & the 2-3 folks he takes with him shant be missed.

God guts & guns built this country, letís celebrate all three. You get rid of politics & religion & you become just another gun forum.

Obviously Luke this is your site to do with as you please. Let your conscience decide.

Just my .02
    I might suggest you do a search for 'stormfromt' -- you may feel at home there.

I ended up there after a websearch once and, while I did find information pertinent to my query ( about the dependability or a certain handgun) the rest of the forum left me 'uncomfortable' ...

You might feel differently.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast