Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

    91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

    0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

    7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

    9 8.41%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 144

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...pot-users.html

    The above thread was in the Concealed Carry forum where is should have been but turned into a religion bashing political thread that should have been locked about 1/3 the way through it. These are the type threads that cause problems and there was no reason for it to get out of hand as it did. I don't know who other than Luke can lock threads but we need a few more so the site can be moderated a little better and threads closed quicker. The biggest problem is that when things do get out of hand they escalate rapidly. We do need a few more moderators to calm things down at times.
    I just read this entire thread. This is what I have come up with for this allegation of religious bashing:

    Midnight got offended because Festus posted that he neither uses drugs nor alcohol and made a vague statement about his belief in God. My experience has taught me that if you're not sure something will be a problem for you, then don't go there. That's sound advice whether you're religious, spiritual, or neither.

    Midnight took offense to both Festus's abstinance and belief in God by making several sarcastic statements about religion, to which folks on both sides of the issue responded. Religion ended up being bashed, not the other way around. Midnight seemed like he was waiting to be offended by someone, which is wrong.

    If Festus can't state his faith in a way as mildly and fairly as he did, then we should all just give up, because to do less is to do nothing.

    In the thread, Mr. Festus preaches what he practices, and I salute him for that.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I just read this entire thread. This is what I have come up with for this allegation of religious bashing:

    Midnight got offended because Festus posted that he neither uses drugs nor alcohol and made a vague statement about his belief in God. My experience has taught me that if you're not sure something will be a problem for you, then don't go there. That's sound advice whether you're religious, spiritual, or neither.

    Midnight took offense to both Festus's abstinance and belief in God by making several sarcastic statements about religion, to which folks on both sides of the issue responded. Religion ended up being bashed, not the other way around. Midnight seemed like he was waiting to be offended by someone, which is wrong.

    If Festus can't state his faith in a way as mildly and fairly as he did, then we should all just give up, because to do less is to do nothing.

    In the thread, Mr. Festus preaches what he practices, and I salute him for that.
    +1. festus has always conducted himself in a very professional and upright manner. As far as I am concerned he has been above reproach in all of his posts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. festus has always conducted himself in a very professional and upright manner. As far as I am concerned he has been above reproach in all of his posts.
    Agreed...
    Semper Fi

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Jesus only became angry when he went to church.

    If religion talk can piss off the son of God, the king of kings, it does a real number on us mere mortals.

    Worship what, and as often as you like. If it makes you a better person, I am all for it.

    IMO, religion, and politics have to place here.
    Ah Hah... Freudian Slip???

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. festus has always conducted himself in a very professional and upright manner. As far as I am concerned he has been above reproach in all of his posts.
    Amen...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I like this site, as is. It provides a whole host of forums for discussion. I understand that this was maybe not the original intent, but it works for me. People who want to stay strictly on hardware issues (e.g., guns, accessories, etc.) or concealed/open carry can do so without playing in the politics arena. I guess I don't see the problem.

    As per religion, again, I don't see the problem. It often flows naturally into the discussion, given the...wait for it...Judeo-Christian heritage and tradition of this country. People who get too tightly wound one way or the other, need to chill. A Bible verse or two? Who cares? Don't read 'em if they bug you. Someone's an atheist? Doesn't bother me. About the only thing that gets my back up is being referred to as a neo-Nazi, Christian imbecile, etc. No need for it.

    It's all about choices and freedom, IMO. You given us lots of choices, Luke, and the freedom to post (or not) on a variety of topics. I, for one, appreciate that.

    My .02 cents.
    Ah, Yup...

    What him typed.

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I just read this entire thread. .
    As did I. I had ignored that thread & never opened it because I agreed with the title of it.

    After reading it in total it has elevated my opinion of one individual that I already held in high esteem & dropped my opinion of another to "despicable" status.

  9. #48
    I like things the way they are here. Take politics and religion out of guns. The political part that is left ties into most other aspects of politics. The religion is as deep-rooted as the politics. Some threads get a little carried away. Some don't. For those that go too far for my taste, I stay away from. It's actually pretty easy. If I don't like something that I see or hear, I don't have anything to do with it. I don't usually pour gasoline on fires. MY opinion on this is, and it may be way off base, there is a problem. Getting rid of where the problems occur will mask the problem, and leave a temporary solution. I think that if we get rid of a few people who seem to enjoy pushing things to the limit and beyond, insulting people, and everything else that these guys do, then the problem will go away. Like I said, I could be wrong.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    As did I. I had ignored that thread & never opened it because I agreed with the title of it.

    After reading it in total it has elevated my opinion of an individual that I already held in high esteem & dropped my opinion of another to "despicable" status.
    That will happen here from time to time.

    I have had this conversation (in person and over the phone) with some others from this site. I think (here I go thinkin again) that it is the anonymity created by the medium in which we communicate here, that allows us to forget some of the common courtesies we would otherwise use in personal face to face contact. Rebuke and reprove are welcome...

    Religion has long been and will remain a heated subject. The fighting in the Middle East and around the globe that has plagued man and woman since the organization of all religions is a testament to that fact.

    Politics is next in line and will get folks heated just as quickly.

    The threads have titles. They are grouped into forums. Keep away from the ones that cause you grief. If you find yourself needing to get in there and mix it up for the sake of asserting your point, well it could be deeper issues that need fixing... Nobody here has the answer that all will agree is right, but removing discussion topics? Self regulation has got to be the approach.

    I voted to leave it the way that it is...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    Just on a hunch, and to determine where one can actually find the Truth and not some off-the-wall comment meant to exacerbate the situation, I took the liberty of writing to Big Gay Al. Someone here said he'd bailed because of being bashed, and I wanted to touch base with him and find out what was what. Here's the correspondence...
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    >> Haven't seen you around USACarry in a while and thought I'd reach out.
    >>
    > Your name came up (not in a bad way) and indicated you'd bailed.
    > Thought I'd see if I could entice you back...I enjoyed your posts.
    >
    >> Hope you're well.
    >>
    >> Ed (Ektarr)
    > From: Big Gay Al
    > Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 8:13 PM
    > To: Ektarr @ USA Carry
    > Subject: Re: Hey...
    >
    > Stories of my bailing are wildly exaggerated. :) I've just been busy.
    >
    > Albert "Big Gay Al" Lowe
    > Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Unless he's being circumspect and chooses not to reference it, it appears that Al is still with us. I'm glad.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast