Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I have never seen anyone here dumping on vets. Regarding draft protesters, who cares?. They are as much a victim as everyone else during that war. The only Viet Nam era figure who gets dumped on here is Hanoi Jane Fonda. If someone comes in here, and ***** on Vets, they will have a hornets nest to deal with. We may not agree on everything but honoring our vets is one thing we all do agree upon.
    If you are a Nam vet, welcome, I am a Nam era vet also.
    Sorry to say you seem to have missed my point here. I simply meant if you begin cutting out of the site what some people disagree with, you won't have much left. Yeah, I'm a "Nam era vet also, and I am proud of my service and of all the service of other vets. That wasn't my point. It could have been any of the different forums. I meant that if you get rid of the religion or the politics forum because a gay dude didn't care for it, then which one of the others will be next?
    I guess I'll stick to the forums dealing with guns and leave it at that.
    Dublin

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Lately, pretty much all heating threads have been mostly about Religion and then Politics would be next. Ultimately, this is a firearms related gun site although as of late it seems like its a forums for different Religious views. I don't want to have to ban them as I would think we could all hold normal conversations about them but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are other forums that ban these topics because I'm sure the admins just get tired of the repeated warnings they get sent from all the bickering and arguing. I understand everyone has their own views and this is a community, you should be able to talk about anything. So let me see what you guys think. Should we ban it or keep it?

I've also stated this in the rules:
    Religion and Politics– We have a Politics forum just for that, Politics. Since there are many different views on the subject, threads may get heated but keep all conversations within the site rules. Anything to do with religion should be kept within the Off-Topic forums and also stay within the site rules.

And just my opinion, but if you are coming to a firearm related website looking for the secrets to life's biggest questions, I think you may be on the wrong site. Remeber, its USA CARRY - OPEN AND CONCEALED CARRY INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY!
    I vote to keep it the way it is. We have had a lot of excellent discussions here that simply happen no where else on the internet. I would not continue with USA Carry if it banned religion. Just my two cents. Just clinging to my guns, my Bible and my religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    I vote to keep it the way it is. We have had a lot of excellent discussions here that simply happen no where else on the internet. I would not continue with USA Carry if it banned religion. Just my two cents. Just clinging to my guns, my Bible and my religion.
    The discussions are always excellent when evereyone agree's with your viewpoint.
    If religion were banned, and you departed, what site would you end up at?
    Is there another firearm related website that caters to christians?

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Just on a hunch, and to determine where one can actually find the Truth and not some off-the-wall comment meant to exacerbate the situation, I took the liberty of writing to Big Gay Al. Someone here said he'd bailed because of being bashed, and I wanted to touch base with him and find out what was what. Here's the correspondence...
    -------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Unless he's being circumspect and chooses not to reference it, it appears that Al is still with us. I'm glad.
    When the gay bashing was occuring, there was nothing heard out of Al.
    It really went wild when science was used to explain the existance of gay people. The christians kept saying homosexuality is a choice. The gay can be prayed away, etc.
    Glad to see Al is still out there. His contributions are missed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The discussions are always excellent when evereyone agree's with your viewpoint.
    If religion were banned, and you departed, what site would you end up at?
    Is there another firearm related website that caters to christians?
    The answer to your question is no, there is no other site that I am aware of that caters to guns and Christians but there are several good gun sites that I actually look at as well that do not get into political or religious discussions.

Isn't Religion and Politics kind of like the influence of our mores' and tenets? They both have their place, IMHO, in any discussion especially on this site. I'm really glad we have some members that have enough passion to express themselves here. Passion for Life, a pursuit of Happiness, get involved. Oh yea, and hopefully learn something as well. Keep the fires burning but keep it civil.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Geez, so this thread is already turning into a Christian and anti-Christian thread? I think this may be proving the whole point!
    Indeed........but please notice who it is exactly that is taking it there!! You are correct Luke in that this is a Carry forum, being that, it is undeniably linked to the 2nd, yes? IMO there is no way to seperate into pieces the Constitution, Bill of Rights. Those that are being challenged by this are our rights to free speech, our rights to religion and inevetiably that will make its way around to our right to carry in order to be able to protect the others. It seems clear that there are certain individuals hell-bent on shutting up any and all talk about religion. To me it is very simple. Tell those people to stay the hell out of any religious leaning threads........but no, instead they go into them and stir up the pot with clear intent of creating trouble. I dont envy being you and having the decision ultimately falling on your shoulders, but from where I sit and what I see the decision is easy.
    Thanks for everything you do to make this a great, as it is, forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    We all believe in the second amendment. But the first amendment is equally important. Your views border on Fascism. Stop attacking Christians. I do not openly attack you. I think you would ban churches and bibles if it were up to you. That my friend is not right. It is no different than those who want to ban firearms because they don't like them. You are treading on a slippery slope. Please try to be as patient with us as we are with you.
    Remember...Jesus Loves You...and I'm Praying for you!
    Thank you well said.

I hope to see this site stay the way it is. for the few who cause trouble, it seems a lot of it is done on purpose. they have the protection of their computer to sit behind while they try to stir things up as much as they can. if they don't have the common sense and respect to stay the heck out of threads that they only go to to get people riled up then they shouldn't be here. liberty = freedom + responsibility. purposely pushing peoples' buttons to start an arguement is not at all responsible. people who have respect deserve respect in return. those who have none... well...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Luke, I'm sorry some people have made your job so difficult. I have not been on this forum for a long time, but the time I have spent here, I really enjoy and have met some VERY nice people. I am not a religious person, and I'm not much into politics outside the 2nd ammendment, but I understand that they are important to others and I would hate to see those subjects banned. It would change the forum and drive away a lot of the nice people that have made it what it is. I hope you can just leave it the way it is, and if someone gets out of control, deal with them as an individual. Don't punish the group for a few.
    Thanks Luke for all you do.
    Fondis

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast