Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    When the gay bashing was occuring, there was nothing heard out of Al.
    It really went wild when science was used to explain the existance of gay people. The christians kept saying homosexuality is a choice. The gay can be prayed away, etc.
    Glad to see Al is still out there. His contributions are missed.
    Drat, there was gay bashing and I missed it?? Damn, I hate when that happens.

Oh well.

Sorry, I've just been really busy lately. Moved from Lansing to Mason (lower UP Mason, not the other one.) and family stuff getting in the way.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Lately, pretty much all heating threads have been mostly about Religion and then Politics would be next. Ultimately, this is a firearms related gun site although as of late it seems like its a forums for different Religious views. I don't want to have to ban them as I would think we could all hold normal conversations about them but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are other forums that ban these topics because I'm sure the admins just get tired of the repeated warnings they get sent from all the bickering and arguing. I understand everyone has their own views and this is a community, you should be able to talk about anything. So let me see what you guys think. Should we ban it or keep it?

I've also stated this in the rules:
    Religion and Politics– We have a Politics forum just for that, Politics. Since there are many different views on the subject, threads may get heated but keep all conversations within the site rules. Anything to do with religion should be kept within the Off-Topic forums and also stay within the site rules.

And just my opinion, but if you are coming to a firearm related website looking for the secrets to life's biggest questions, I think you may be on the wrong site. Remeber, its USA CARRY - OPEN AND CONCEALED CARRY INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY!
    Thats what I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Drat, there was gay bashing and I missed it?? Damn, I hate when that happens. :)

Oh well. :)

Sorry, I've just been really busy lately. Moved from Lansing to Mason (lower UP Mason, not the other one.) and family stuff getting in the way.
    Al I am not sure who was supposed to be doing the bashing however I do know that there is a small minority here that feel that if someone has a difference of opinion then that constitutes bashing. I will not pretend that I do not disagree with the "gay" lifestyle. Neither will I deny that I feel that scripture says it is wrong. That does not mean that I am on some type of vendetta against you or anyone else. Hopefully I never said anything that would be construed as an attack on you. If I did I apologize to you. I do not however apologize to others here that want to attack my beliefs or Christianity in general. As I have said before there are just a very few malcontents that want to try and ruin this site for everyone else. I think this thread illustrates the sentiment of the vast majority.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Al I am not sure who was supposed to be doing the bashing however I do know that there is a small minority here that feel that if someone has a difference of opinion then that constitutes bashing. I will not pretend that I do not disagree with the "gay" lifestyle. Neither will I deny that I feel that scripture says it is wrong. That does not mean that I am on some type of vendetta against you or anyone else. Hopefully I never said anything that would be construed as an attack on you. If I did I apologize to you. I do not however apologize to others here that want to attack my beliefs or Christianity in general. As I have said before there are just a very few malcontents that want to try and ruin this site for everyone else. I think this thread illustrates the sentiment of the vast majority.
    I have to say, if there was a Gay bashing thread here, I missed it.

I do, however take issue with anyone who thinks being Gay/Lesbian/Trans-Gender is a matter of choice. I don't know anyone who would freely choose to be a member of any group that is so heavily prone to insults, physical attacks, not to mention being treated like 2nd or even 3rd rate citizens by our own government.....except maybe Christians. ;) But honestly, I don't think anyone would choose the Gay lifestyle, by choice.

But that's just my opinion, and it's not my fault if I'm right, and everyone else is wrong.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Politics and Religion have been around, in some form or another, since the beginning of man so I think it is safe to say that it will not go away.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Politics and Religion have been around, in some form or another, since the beginning of man so I think it is safe to say that it will not go away.
    Amen to that!

Originally Posted by Alaska444
    "I vote to keep it the way it is. We have had a lot of excellent discussions here that simply happen no where else on the internet. I would not continue with USA Carry if it banned religion. Just my two cents. Just clinging to my guns, my Bible and my religion. "

Originally posted by Theicemanmpls
    "The discussions are always excellent when everyone agrees with your viewpoint.
    If religion were banned, and you departed, what site would you end up at?
    Is there another firearm related website that caters to Christians?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    The answer to your question is no, there is no other site that I am aware of that caters to guns and Christians but there are several good gun sites that I actually look at as well that do not get into political or religious discussions.
    Anyone else know of a site that caters to guns and Christians? I wonder if there is a site for Guns and Muslims also?

The poll asks everyone to keep things the way they are, provided everyone gets along.

I am all for that.

Problem is, that is a big "IF". Maybe if Luke appointed several new moderators to watch the site 24/7.

People have been fighting over religion for thousands of years.

IMO, best thing to to is either eliminate religion, or pigeon hole it. No religion talk out of the category, no bashing religion inside the category.

One of the reason this is a great site is the fact it is lightly moderated.

Fact is, most gun sites don't welcome the heavy religion, and politics talk. Same goes for allowing the conspiracy theorists.

I for one am tired of all the fighting.

You have forced the issue & created a referendum on Christianity. I for one am delighted at how it turned out.
    This wonderful group of people overwhelmingly reject your assertions. To continue to push it further erodes your position & credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I for one am tired of all the fighting.
    Dont forget your hat

Is that so?
    Luke is the room owner. He calls the shots here. Not you, not me.
    I for one am pleased that everyone is talking about the problems.

Why are you such a sour puss?

Let me see your hat, I got somethin for ya.

And here we go with name calling...

Uggghhhh... Time to reload the ignore database...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast