Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

Exclamation Because Luke put it there

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Why is this topic in the general firearm discussion forum?
    Because Luke put it there
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Because Luke put it there
    I see you missed my point.

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    I personally think a big part of the problem is that some of the believers here don't know when to stop. If you were on the street proselytizing and the person said they weren't interested, would you continue to try and basically harass them? When this happens here, the person being "harassed" will eventually tell you where to shove it. Then they get reported. Does that mean I should put the hammer on the harasser or the harassee (pardon the pun)?

You have to know when to say when. If icemanpls or anyone else on here isn't interested, let it go. He's not the first atheist and he won't be the last.

It was Jesus who said: “Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them.” That's Mark 6:10-11 and it's not out of context. He didn't say stand outside and pelt the place with tracts and new testaments.
    I personally think a big part of the problem is that some of the non-beleivers here dont know when to stop. Furthermore, they know going into a thread that it has a religious content and should stay out if the discussion of religion offends them...
    This seriously is a non-issue turned into an issue by the ones attacking the religious on this site. If you go to a restaurant and each time you go you have a crappy dinner but you keep going back the only one that shoulders blame is YOU for going back. Dont go back, you really dont have a right to shut the restaurant down beause you had a bad meal, over and over and over again. Obviously there are those who enjoy their meals as the business is still open.
    My gawd.............

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I personally think a big part of the problem is that some of the non-beleivers here dont know when to stop. Furthermore, they know going into a thread that it has a religious content and should stay out if the discussion of religion offends them...
    This seriously is a non-issue turned into an issue by the ones attacking the religious on this site. If you go to a restaurant and each time you go you have a crappy dinner but you keep going back the only one that shoulders blame is YOU for going back. Dont go back, you really dont have a right to shut the restaurant down beause you had a bad meal, over and over and over again. Obviously there are those who enjoy their meals as the business is still open.
    My gawd.............

+1. That is what I don't get. If a particular thread has to do with religion/Christianity and someone hates it so much why in the world would they insert themselves into the discussion on that thread? Why not just go to a different forum or thread that they are interested in? I am pretty sure I know the answer to that but I will leave it to the rest to draw their own conclusions.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    My gawd.............
    Well, altho I'm feeling somewhat like I'm on thin ice around here these days, I have to support Mojo's premise, here. As someone else has already posted on this thread, the discussion is often rocking and rolling right along (and no, we Christians don't agree on everything, either) and then boom! Here come the atheists with the insults to the faith and to our character. And we don't tend to back off, either. We have, after all, the "warrior ethos" which permeates all of us who carry, to some degree, I think.

Frankly, I think this is a case of the "squeaky wheel" getting the grease. Personally, I choose not to bother site admins with complaints and whatnot. If all site admins react to is complaints they get, then they might be missing the larger picture.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

7. Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    You have forced the issue & created a referendum on Christianity. I for one am delighted at how it turned out.
    This wonderful group of people overwhelmingly reject your assertions. To continue to push it further erodes your position & credibility.

Dont forget your hat
    He's "tired of all the fighting"?? Now we're making progress. Iceman, thank you for showing even a little bit of emotion. Noone here is going to judge you. Im just glad you reached out to someone.

I propose that the ability to end all the conflict is within yourself. Because, after all... that is where the conflict really lies. There needs to be self exploration, sometimes psychotherapy, sometimes medication to get to a place where you want to be. If ending the conflict is your goal, you should talk to someone and address that. Honestly though, It seems too much as though you enjoy the conflict that you create. Perhapps this is just one of those moments where you are "tired" of dealing with all the drama that surrounds you and that is perfectly understandable because lives filled with conflict are exhausting.

But, I say Iceman, if your truly tired of living your life the way you have been living it, there are resources available. You mentioned briefly once that your a vet of some sort. The VA finally has a wonderful mental health program that will hand out every sort of resources you can possibly think of. I was at the VA this morning in bedford, Massachusetts and there was a poster on the wall about ending inner conflict, so I know there is something there for you.

If you are service connected, even 10% your healthcare will be free. If not, Its about $15 or so a visit.

All of that aside, I just want to tell you kindly that things were very cordial around here while you were gone. There really weren't any fights and everyone got along. My point is, whatever it is that your dealing with, Its affecting not only those who love you but those here on the website as well. I truly wish you the best.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

I think the post on how to tell if you're a conservative or a liberal summed it up well. If I don't like the topic or tone of a post I'll just skip it. No harm - no foul. I can decide for myself. If moderating the discussions has become too much of a chore then that's a different story. Then I say do what works best for the moderators.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    I personally think a big part of the problem is that some of the believers here don't know when to stop...
    I completely agree with this. It's in this thread repeatedly.

Often, a thread is posted and a few posts down somebody has to bring in a scripture reference for some reason. Then a group of other believers chime in with their own scripture cut and paste to not be left being in the piety department.

If one is rude enough to point out that the thread is being taken off topic they are immediately excoriated for being anti-Christian.

All I, myself, have ever asked for is that the threads be kept on-topic. That has brought some nasty remarks down on me more than once. And yes, in the past I've struck back -- I'm trying not to do that any more. Since the 2008 election the stakes are too high.

As for the rude remarks -- both sides are to blame. But, when one of the posters with links to Christian websites or scripture in every post or sig makes a rude remark they get ignored. When one of the vocally anti-Christian makes a rude remark they are piled upon.

Banning discussion of Politics and Religion destroys a forum; I've witnessed the degradation more than once. If you guys can't agree to stay on topic and not attack each other you'll leave the forum Admins little choice but to kill this forum to save it.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

My last post on this thread will attempt a solution: Luke leaves the site as is, we all fight to our hearts' content (while adhering to site rules), as there seems to be no middle ground here, BUT we stop running to admins and tattling on one another.

People who aren't interested don't join the thread but anyone who does, does so at their own risk and takes care of themselves, like men (and women), err...adults.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    My last post on this thread will attempt a solution: Luke leaves the site as is, we all fight to our hearts' content (while adhering to site rules), as there seems to be no middle ground here, BUT we stop running to admins and tattling on one another.

People who aren't interested don't join the thread but anyone who does, does so at their own risk and takes care of themselves, like men (and women), err...adults.
    Adults handling the fray like grownups and not running to "daddy" to tattle? I really like it, JJ! This would work to lessen luke's irritation with all of us and preserve USACarry for the enjoyment of everyone!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast