Today I found out my doctor carries - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today I found out my doctor carries

A good friend of mine is an anesthesiologist. He carries his mini Glock to work and locks it in his locker. By the way he thinks the AMA is a bunch of left wing lunatics.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    It bothers me when I enter the VA campus and see the no weapons of any kind sign.
    Yeah me too. I noticed they changed the little statement at the bottom of the appointment reminders they mail out here to read "no guns, knives, or weapons of any kind." Used to be just no guns.

They didn't seem to mind that I had a gun and knife when they sent to me Iraq to get shot up. Guess it's Ok to let me be armed so long as they're getting something out of the deal in return.

4. I was a hospital administrator in the '70's in NYC. My docs formed a "professional men's" pistol club. Many carried. When asked why, the general response was "because I can". Most docs got unrestricted carry permits, otherwise unheard of in NYC because they stated that they carried drugs in their bags even though none ever did. Nobody ever said life was fair. There was and probably still is an "in your face" double standard.

now that's a doctor who cares.. I'm in the process of finding a new doctor here. don't like the one I have been going to. hopefully I can find a similar one as those mentioned in this thread.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I hate to start over with a new doctor; I've been going to mine for 15 years, but it is time for a chabge. I've always known that my politics are on the opposite side of the fence of my doc and I've just tried to keep my mouth shut, but now since Obama care we are fighting over billing issues as welll as politics and I have to drive 70 miles each way just to see her!

I don't know how to even start finding a doctor... I will look closer to home Any ideas? If I do get set up with a new doctor, will he/she be able to get my records from the old doctor? I hope I can find one that understands my gun habbit
    Fondis

Quote Originally Posted by Fondis Firearms View Post
    I hate to start over with a new doctor; I've been going to mine for 15 years, but it is time for a chabge. I've always known that my politics are on the opposite side of the fence of my doc and I've just tried to keep my mouth shut, but now since Obama care we are fighting over billing issues as welll as politics and I have to drive 70 miles each way just to see her!

I don't know how to even start finding a doctor... I will look closer to home Any ideas? If I do get set up with a new doctor, will he/she be able to get my records from the old doctor? I hope I can find one that understands my gun habbit
    Fondis
    Fondis, what I would do (I just did this, in fact) is ask around, preferably people you respect (and who might also be strong 2A types). Started with a new doc last year and am quite happy with him. And yeah, the new doc can request your records from the old one; mine did, anyway. Good luck.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

handgonnetoter Guest
    I don't know where my doctor stands on that issue. I went and saw him a few weeks ago for something minor and was carrying. I knew the PT-111 I was carrying would add some weight to my 30 pounds of fat I don't need, but didn't give a crap. He is an Irish Catholic from a family of 11 kids. I don't know what he would have done if he would have thought I was armed.

I started with a DOC and he retired and his daughter took over 20 years ago. She knows I care and never raised any issues about it.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators! I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Fondis, what I would do (I just did this, in fact) is ask around, preferably people you respect (and who might also be strong 2A types). Started with a new doc last year and am quite happy with him. And yeah, the new doc can request your records from the old one; mine did, anyway. Good luck.
    Thanks JJ I will start asking around.
    Fondis

11. Cool doc. If every business was like this we could lay off half a million cops nationwide.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast