dON'T CALL THE COPS IN oAKLAND THEY WONT COME - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dON'T CALL THE COPS IN oAKLAND THEY WONT COME

1. At least they do come here (eventually). After about 20 minutes. I've called them before and seen them scream by at high speed when I was standing on the sidewalk waiting for them. After awhile he turned around and came back. Guess he couldn't read house numbers. Must've been a dislexic cop. By the time they get here I would've already been killed or killed someone and the threat is over.

I know he felt like an ass. Once he came back about 7 minutes later he jumped out all mad and yelled "Why didn't you flag me down when I went by." I didn't answer him. I didn't have an answer that wouldn't piss him off. An this aint Houston or L.A or Miami. This is a town where you can stand at one "city limits" sign and shoot the oposite "city Limits" sign with a decent rifle.

This is why us normal people don't need guns. The police are paid to protect us.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    What you mean non gun friendly? You ever hangout at 104th and East 14th? Lots of guns.
    I used to work at OAK airport and live in San Leandro The crime I saw there was mind boggeling. I am soooo glad I moved to CO out in the country. We all have guns here, the difference is here, the gun owners are the good guys!
    Fondis

This kind of crap is happening in cities all over the country! We need to stop laying off police and fire and start laying off some dam politions and pay "them" less or we're all in for a world of hurt.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1960 View Post
    This kind of crap is happening in cities all over the country! We need to stop laying off police and fire and start laying off some dam politions and pay "them" less or we're all in for a world of hurt.
    So very sad... Your right we need to start with the Politicians..
    This last week Detroit's City Concil voted fairly large pay raises for their staff members... In some cases up to and over $8+/hour.

Detroit council aides get pay hikes | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Semper Fi

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    ok, Iceman...you got me there
    Jibbster, if I catch the drift correctly, I think you mean legally owned guns where as Iceman is probably talking about illegally owned guns.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    So very sad... Your right we need to start with the Politicians..
    This last week Detroit's City Concil voted fairly large pay raises for their staff members... In some cases up to and over $8+/hour.

Detroit council aides get pay hikes | detnews.com | The Detroit News

I guess this shows that government will ruin what "the People" created.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Jibbster, if I catch the drift correctly, I think you mean legally owned guns where as Iceman is probably talking about illegally owned guns.

handgonnetoter, EXACTLY ...the crooks are well armend, the law abiding citiznes in Alameda County have a snowballs chance in hell of obtaining a CCW

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    handgonnetoter, EXACTLY ...the crooks are well armend, the law abiding citiznes in Alameda County have a snowballs chance in hell of obtaining a CCW
    As if on queue....

Virginia man shot and killed in Oakland robbery after leaving dentist's office - Inside Bay Area

Anti Liberal Gunman shoots it out with CHP in Oakland

All I-580 lanes in Oakland reopened following shootout, items detonated - Inside Bay Area
    Posted: 07/18/2010 06:00:00 AM PDT
    Updated: 07/18/2010 10:48:09 PM PDT

OAKLAND A fierce gun fight between a cadre of CHP officers and a heavily armed felon with anti-government beliefs ended with the man in the hospital and some lanes on Interstate 580 closed for most of Sunday.

The Tuolumne County man, identified as 45-year-old Byron Williams, was wearing body armor and was armed with a high-powered hunting rifle, a pistol and a shotgun. He had a three-ring binder, recovered from the truck he was driving by a bomb squad robot, with the word "California" scrawled across its cover.

Police said they believed the gunfight put an end to what might have been a desperate mission by a left-wing hating man facing his third strike.

"There is no doubt in our mind, given the body armor and the extensive amount of ammunition he had, that he was on his way to do a very serious crime against either someone or a group of people," CHP Sgt. Trent Cross said.

"This was a very dramatic situation," Cross added. "To perform a routine stop and have it turn into this is basically every officer's worst nightmare."

Two CHP officers pulled Williams over shortly before midnight Saturday on westbound I-580 near Grand Avenue when Williams alledgely opened fire. Officers took cover and called for backup, and 10 officers returned fire for five to eight minutes and seriously wounded him, despite body armor he was wearing, Cross said.

Police found in the truck a suspicious object that prompted investigators to call a bomb squad to the scene. The object was detonated Sunday without mishap in the center divide of the freeway.

I-580 had to be closed in both directions for several hours to keep the controlled explosion safe. The eastbound lanes were opened about two hours later. CHP opened two left lanes of westbound I-580 around 7 p.m. All lanes are now open in both directions.

"We understand drivers (were) getting frustrated and angry, but we need to be thorough in this investigation," CHP officer Sam Morgan said. The CHP was conducting an administrative investigation side-by-side with a criminal investigation by Oakland police and the Alameda County District Attorney's Office.

Law enforcement sources said Williams has a history showing he is both anti-government and anti-corporation, and against liberal causes.

Williams, who traveled 130 miles from his Groveland home, has an extensive criminal history with at least two felonies and could face life in prison, Cross said. He was arrested Sunday on suspicion of attempted murder. He is in serious but stable condition at Highland Hospital. His background, coupled with the presence of possible explosives, was enough to prompt the FBI to get involved in the investigation, Cross said.

"Right now, this is not being looked at as a domestic terrorism case," Cross said Sunday afternoon. "But there's more evidence to go through, and that could change."

Among that evidence was a white three-ring binder recovered from the truck by a bomb squad robot. Scrawled by hand on the cover of the binder was the word, "California." Officials would not describe the contents of the binder.

Williams' drivers license is suspended and he was driving impaired by alcohol, Morgan said.

The confrontation began when a pair of CHP officers noticed a white 2006 Toyota Tundra speeding and weaving across lane markers on I-580, Morgan said. The officers pulled the truck over near the Grand Avenue exit and as one officer approached the truck, Williams began firing a pistol at both officers, Morgan said.

The officers took cover behind their squad car and called for back-up, Morgan said, adding that Williams continued to fire his pistol and rifle as more officers arrived. Ten officers returned fire and Williams, wearing a bullet-resistant vest, was shot several times, Morgan said.

The gun battle lasted between five and eight minutes on a raised portion of the freeway above a Quik Stop on Macarthur Boulevard, Morgan said. More than 60 rounds were fired.

Two officers were hurt by shards of glass when bullets shattered the windshield and driver's-side window of a squad car. They were treated at a nearby hospital and released, Morgan said.

Despite the large amount of gunfire, there were no injuries or reports of property damage from neighbors, officials said.

Mike Lozito was watching television when he heard the first shots, five loud ones that prompted him to get low and wait out the shooting from a position below his street-level windows on nearby Oakland Avenue.

"I must have heard 100, 150 rounds go off. It was insanity," Lozito said. Because of the intensity of the shooting, Lozito said he was surprised to hear it was a lone suspect.

Though police said the shooting lasted five to eight minutes, Lozito estimated the shooting last 15 to 20 minutes.

Williams' truck was registered to his mother, Janice Williams, with whom investigators believe he lives, Morgan said.

Dorothy Wothe, a neighbor in Groveland, a small town near the west entrance to Yosemite National Park, said she's never met Byron Williams, but, "When he first got out of prison, Janice had him go to church with her." Wothe said Byron Williams had also worked on the property, building a nursery for his mother's garden.

After being arrested in 2002 on suspicion of bank robbery, Williams told investigators in Chowchilla that he was planning to rob a Bank of America branch but abandoned that bank for another because of a long line and because customers and tellers laughed at the suit and blond wig he was wearing, according to local press reports at the time.

Williams alledgedly led officers on a wild chase at speeds of 100 mph before crashing his truck.

In Sunday's shootout, all 10 officers who fired their guns were placed on administrative leave, as is standard in police shootings, police said.

Reach Sean Maher at [email protected] or Mike Taugher at [email protected].

*I wonder what church Mr Williams attends?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I am afraid this scenario is going to play out over and over again all around the country. It is going to be up to us to protect our families and ourselves. We are fighting "City Hall" about our taxes and property values. A family member in a neighborhood outside Pontiac has had her property value dropped from just shy of $100k to less than $20k. Doing a compare to recent sales and other properties, her appraiser had no choice but to put her property that low. There have been many $100k properties sold at auction/foreclosure sales for $7/8k. The lists of people trying to appeal their property taxes and assessments have reached the point of multiple year waits. IMHO, We Ain't Seen nothing yet...
    you are correct, things will get much worse before it gets better!
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast