CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 14
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    The title of this thread should have been:

    "Armed Whacko Creating a Disturbance at Costco gets Shot by LVMPD"

    That would predispose people to believe my theory.
    How did you come up with that?

  2.   
  3. #132
    I am a Las Vegas area CCW Instructor and posted a specific 'Lessons Learned' video for my CCW graduates concerning this shooting. If you'd like a copy, send me an e-mail request at [email protected]. Captain Mike

  4. The Coroner's Inquest into the police shooting death of Erik Scott has been rescheduled
    here's the link
    Coroner's Inquest into Erik Scott Shooting - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    here's the link
    Police Sent Letters to Possible Costco Shooting Witnesses
    Police Sent Letters to Possible Costco Shooting Witnesses - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

  5. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    The Coroner's Inquest into the police shooting death of Erik Scott has been rescheduled
    here's the link
    Coroner's Inquest into Erik Scott Shooting - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    here's the link
    Police Sent Letters to Possible Costco Shooting Witnesses
    Police Sent Letters to Possible Costco Shooting Witnesses - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    I really want to hear the 911 recordings. I have all but given up hope as to any video shot from Costco surviving. What about the video from the cop cars? I wonder if any of them parked their cars so that the cameras were pointing towards the exit of the store.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  6. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Absolutely agree with gunsite. Contrary to some, who somehow have an exaggerated "conspiracy theory" that all LEOs can't wait to shoot their guns, it is much more likely that and probably totally likely that this individual responded in a manner that ended up causing his death. In any interraction with the police you do EVERYTHING they ask of you and command you to do. If you find this not to your liking, I would advise you not to CCW--you have been given an awesome responsibility to follow the law, which means, IMO, to follow the words of the men and women who have been entrusted in being the law enforcers. That is the way the system works--if you don't like it get off the CCW train before you get seriously hurt or incarcerated.

  7. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    it is much more likely that and probably totally likely that this individual responded in a manner that ended up causing his death.
    If that were the case they would have had those video tapes all over network television an hour after it happened. THERE IS VIDEO OF THIS WHOLE INCIDENT. Store cameras, parking lot security cameras, and cop dash cams. The city attorney would have insisted on it. Right now Metro is looking at the ass end of a 7 or 8 digit law suit they will surely lose. You don't think they would want to prevent that at all costs? As we speak, and since this whole thing started, that whole force looks as dirty as coal miners. If any of that video backed up a justifiable shoot on the cops part, you would have seen it by now. There isn't. The whole damn force is as quiet as church mice about this whole stinking mess. When your actions are correct, you don't have to hide under your desk FOR CLOSE TO 2 MONTHS. This whole thing stinks on ice. And all of the odor is coming from the cops. This entire dept. has a reputation for shooting first, and asking questions later.

    And I don't give a damn what you "know" or think you "know" about CCW, and what it encompasses. It isn't going to help you worth a damn when you are engaged by a bunch of trigger happy cops. Bill T.

  8. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    If that were the case they would have had those video tapes all over network television an hour after it happened. THERE IS VIDEO OF THIS WHOLE INCIDENT. Store cameras, parking lot security cameras, and cop dash cams. The city attorney would have insisted on it. Right now Metro is looking at the ass end of a 7 or 8 digit law suit they will surely lose. You don't think they would want to prevent that at all costs? As we speak, and since this whole thing started, that whole force looks as dirty as coal miners. If any of that video backed up a justifiable shoot on the cops part, you would have seen it by now. There isn't. The whole damn force is as quiet as church mice about this whole stinking mess. When your actions are correct, you don't have to hide under your desk FOR CLOSE TO 2 MONTHS. This whole thing stinks on ice. And all of the odor is coming from the cops. This entire dept. has a reputation for shooting first, and asking questions later.

    And I don't give a damn what you "know" or think you "know" about CCW, and what it encompasses. It isn't going to help you worth a damn when you are engaged by a bunch of trigger happy cops. Bill T.
    Kelcarry is likely right, as I stated on an earlier post. Where are all these vids? Police destroyed or confiscated them all, and no costco employee is speaking out? Amazing how the cops have silenced them. How about cell phone vids. we have them of every little incident now. Did the cops steal them too?

    Everything you say is pure speculation, and stinks of conspiracy nonsense. The odor is coming from people who were not there, don't know anyone involved, have never talked to all the witnesses, but KNOW the cops are guilty. Because they are cops, after all. And gee, cops are trigger happy. Look how many open and concealed gun carriers they have killed in Vegas this year. 1?

  9. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    What evidence do you have there are no tapes? If there are not, why hasn't the Chief Of Police gone on record as saying exactly that? What advantage could they possibly have for letting this nonsense continue? I'm not speculating on anything. These people are NOT acting like a professional law enforcement agency. They are acting like they have something to hide. If they are on the up and up, then speak up.

    Silence is golden only when you're trying to hide something. Same reason O.J. didn't take the stand. If you are innocent you speak up and defend your actions! And back up what you say with solid fact. These guys don't have any. If they did you would have seen it by now. Would you sit back and let someone take pot shots at you, if in fact you could prove otherwise? It's one of two things, these people are either guilty of professional and criminal misconduct, or else they are arrogant and stupid as hell. Bill T.

  10. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    Kelcarry makes a good point that carrying a concealed weapon carries with it a responsibility. I might add that being a cop carries a higher responsibility and professionalism. Billt feels the same way I do. If video existed that proved Erik gave them any reason for firing on him it would have been released a long time ago to satisfy the public. Their silence is deafening. They screwed up. The longer they drag this out the harder it's going to be.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  11. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    What evidence do you have there are no tapes? If there are not, why hasn't the Chief Of Police gone on record as saying exactly that? What advantage could they possibly have for letting this nonsense continue? I'm not speculating on anything. These people are NOT acting like a professional law enforcement agency. They are acting like they have something to hide. If they are on the up and up, then speak up.

    Silence is golden only when you're trying to hide something. Same reason O.J. didn't take the stand. If you are innocent you speak up and defend your actions! And back up what you say with solid fact. These guys don't have any. If they did you would have seen it by now. Would you sit back and let someone take pot shots at you, if in fact you could prove otherwise? It's one of two things, these people are either guilty of professional and criminal misconduct, or else they are arrogant and stupid as hell. Bill T.
    If you are seriously asking me what evidence I have that there are no tapes, I have as much as you have that there are tapes. Why has a costco employee not released the tapes on you tube?Besides, I never said there are no tapes. I think there is a tape and it has not been released yet. Simple as that. Why? I don't know, I am not a cop. I just know in many cities I have lived in , releasing a tape such as this immediately is not common.
    My whole point, constantly lost on conspiracy theorists, is that we should wait until all the evidence is in to make a decision. Is that too hard, for people to say "I will wait until all the evidence is in"?

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast