CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 20
Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    First, I really don't see where you got this from one paragraph that BillT wrote. Granted, his response to THIS comment was a bit heavy handed, but it seems as if you were trying to purposefully provoke it. I listened to the dispatch tapes; you should, too. One of the officers who shot very clearly states that the alleged perpetrator pointed a 413 (metro code for gun) at him. Of all of the accounts that I have read thus far, I have found none that state that he was holding, much less pointing, a firearm. The closest that I have seen is someone who claimed that he was moving AS IF to draw a firearm.

Please allow me to shine a little light of truth for you, my friend. I was a police officer for three years. I loved the work, and I felt fulfilled. The problem is that a very large percentage of the officers with whom I worked really were mentally unfit for the job. I had the opportunity to do some exchange work with the vice squads in three major metropolitan areas of the state I was in, and in every one I found a significant number of officers who abused their authority and ignored the very laws that we were sworn to uphold.

You see, I am a liberty loving patriot. I BELIEVE in the Bill of Rights. For me, it is a sacred, holy document that has delivered this country from most of the evils that have plagued the world for the last 200 years or so. To stand by helplessly while witnessing those rights being denied my fellow citizens was a pain I could hardly endure.

Guess what happens when you report these abuses to the authority in charge? Nothing, except maybe a leak that you had reported them. Luckily for me, MY reports were never anonymous, and were after my attempts to deal with the officer face to face.

You think the police are there to protect you? They're not. They investigate after a crime has been committed. You think that they are your buddy? Nothing further from the truth.

Please don't understand me to say that all police officers are bad; there are many fine men and women in blue who really care about the citizens that they serve. Just don't think that the one that you are dealing with at any given time is one of those officers; odds are, they're not.
    Well stated sir!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

3. Seems like an awful lot of armchair quarterbacking going on in this case. We need to remember that some day it might be one of us being second guessed. We may not find out for sure exactly what happened; a lot of life is like that. It may be that mistakes were made throughout the entire incident, right from the very beginning, and from all players in this tragedy. It may be that there is in fact a problem with the video-or it could be as some suspect-CYA. One thing I see is opinions being formed before all the evidence is in. Perhaps that too is human nature and frankly I don't trust a person who has lived his life without developing at least some general opinions and rules about life. A man without an opinion is not thinking too deeply, in my opinion. Having said that, we owe it to ourselves (and others) to stand ready to re-examine our positions based on new information. Also, should I ever have to pull the trigger on another human being, I pray that I have the wisdom to make the right choice; and that others will give me the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are in. Lastly, I think we should be focusing as much on how we could better conduct ourselves in a similar situation; from the point of view of the store worker, to the manager, to the cops, & yes, even Eric himself. He may be blameless-I don't know yet-but that shouldn't prevent us from using this as a training scenario. I think that is the single best thing we could do with all this.

Be Strong, and safe!

Hey some of you repliers and you know who I am referring to: I thought when I got out of grammar school, I left all the name calling and nananana and yada yada yada out of my vocabulary but it appears to be alive and well in this forum and, particularly, this thread. Thank goodness the forum mentors split politics and religion out of pure firearm discussions--it at least keeps all those babies in their own playpen. Trash talk is ridiculous, mindless, childlike behaviour and I would hope that this behaviour does not translate into a similar behaviour with your firearms--y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

I love when people come on the Internet and start scolding people. Right away they start telling people they should be "ashamed" of themselves, how to behave, what they should say, etc. Most of these individuals have zero authority in their lives, jobs, and or marriage, so they march on to the Internet where they proceed to play king $h!t. If they tried it at home chances are their wives would slap the living crap out of them. Bill T.

I truly feel sorry for you billt. Just the idea that such an angry, acrimonious, and wrathful person can be walking around CCW scares the heck out of me. Think I have had my share of this vengeful and angry garbage that you are serving about LEOs and life in general. I started this thread with high expectations, based on a case that I thought was fraught with, IMO, many inconsistencies, and it has been hijacked by people like you---you win billt---goodbye, good luck and I hope you find peace somewhere in your life.

I for one, think that he's just got a little too much anger at the cops, without knowing the full story. Seems he had his mind made up they were guilty from the start. He takes one short phrase from my entire post and goes on some rant about how I'm some kind of Anti-American Nazi because I was a cop.
    Let me say this very frankly. If the cops are wrong, then prosecute them and punish them. If they over did the use of force, they should be punished, as we all have rules and laws to abide by. If they were correct in what they did, and the "victim" pushed his limits or refused to obey lawful commands, or simply argued the point instead of just doing what he is supposed to do under the law, then make it known, and relieve the cops of their guilt in the case.
    I for one considered myself a good cop. I come from a long line of them, and got the lecture from my Father and Grandfathers about not tarnishing the badge, not being badge heavy, not taking advantage of the authority I had, not breaking a law that I enforce. If you tarnish the badge, it's no good anymore. Serve with honor. Even serve *ssholes like billt.
    However, simply because I wore a badge and did it with honor, BillT thinks I'm a killer and a scumbag. That shows his mentality. Period. I can only presume that he's had one too many run in's on the wrong side of the law, or if he really has a CCW permit and a clean record, that he just has a lack of true exposure, an over exposure to the conspiracy theory crap and a forced negative attitude. I've seen it all too often. Bring up the Warren Commission, and place cops in it. Then say you don't bring up conspiracies. Sheesh. Forget you man.
    Leave him alone, ingnore him and use your intelligence to make your own decisions about this situation. That's all you can do when when *ssholoes try to force their opinion and negativity on you.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    I for one, think that he's just got a little too much anger at the cops, without knowing the full story. Seems he had his mind made up they were guilty from the start. He takes one short phrase from my entire post and goes on some rant about how I'm some kind of Anti-American Nazi because I was a cop.
    Let me say this very frankly. If the cops are wrong, then prosecute them and punish them. If they over did the use of force, they should be punished, as we all have rules and laws to abide by. If they were correct in what they did, and the "victim" pushed his limits or refused to obey lawful commands, or simply argued the point instead of just doing what he is supposed to do under the law, then make it known, and relieve the cops of their guilt in the case.
    I for one considered myself a good cop. I come from a long line of them, and got the lecture from my Father and Grandfathers about not tarnishing the badge, not being badge heavy, not taking advantage of the authority I had, not breaking a law that I enforce. If you tarnish the badge, it's no good anymore. Serve with honor. Even serve *ssholes like billt.
    However, simply because I wore a badge and did it with honor, BillT thinks I'm a killer and a scumbag. That shows his mentality. Period. I can only presume that he's had one too many run in's on the wrong side of the law, or if he really has a CCW permit and a clean record, that he just has a lack of true exposure, an over exposure to the conspiracy theory crap and a forced negative attitude. I've seen it all too often. Bring up the Warren Commission, and place cops in it. Then say you don't bring up conspiracies. Sheesh. Forget you man.
    Leave him alone, ingnore him and use your intelligence to make your own decisions about this situation. That's all you can do when when *ssholoes try to force their opinion and negativity on you.
    I salute you for serving with honor. It's starting to look like an honest cop is a rare one. I can understand your frustration that you don't want to be guilty by association. Cops do have a difficult job and some are more suited for it than others. Bad apples need to be thrown out before they spoil the bunch. Were not in Mayberry anymore. I agree that if Metro screwed the pooch then let them admit it and everyone can move forward. In the end we are all human and we all make mistakes. Society should not tolerate crooked cops, crooked politicians or crooked persons/people in positions of authority. It just makes our lives miserable. In the few encounters I have had in my life with the boys in blue, most have been pleasant and respectful except for one about 25 years ago. Long story short it was a case of mistaken identity and the cop flat out lied on the arrest report and to the judge. He received his just reward in the end (my compliments to the judge) but it could have gone bad for yours truly. I don't like guns pointed at me.

Again, thank you for serving the fine citizens with honor and dignity. It is becoming rare these days. In your spare time I suggest you check out the National Police Misconduct Daily NewsFeed. The website is Injustice Everywhere or Injustice News Feed (InjusticeNews) on Twitter.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I truly feel sorry for you billt. Just the idea that such an angry, acrimonious, and wrathful person can be walking around CCW scares the heck out of me. Think I have had my share of this vengeful and angry garbage that you are serving about LEOs and life in general. I started this thread with high expectations, based on a case that I thought was fraught with, IMO, many inconsistencies, and it has been hijacked by people like you---you win billt---goodbye, good luck and I hope you find peace somewhere in your life.
    I really enjoy watching truly over emotional people go completely off the rails. It's a bit like those demolition derby's they have at the county fair every Summer. A really great way to kill a bag of popcorn and a Coke. How have I, "Hi-Jacked" this thread? Because by pointing out the cops may be guilty of professional misconduct puts me on the opposite side of the argument you're on? You call that "vengeful and angry garbage"? Why and how is that? Because you don't agree with it? You worry about me carrying, but have zero problems with cops shooting a man to death under questionable circumstances? That's just fine in your book. You don't question it, or give it a second thought do you?

How am I "angry", "acrimonious", and "wrathful"?? Because I have taken the other side in an incident that you don't want to hear? You simply need to grow, and WAKE the hell up, big time! And for what it's worth Sherlock, I live in the state of Arizona. We don't need a permit to carry weapons. Be they open or concealed. But then we aren't a state full of small minded people who cringe at each and every individual who doesn't see things our way. Trust me when I tell you I find life far more "peaceful" than you do. Especially after seeing how you evaluate everyone who doesn't see things your way. Your capacity for "hate" far exceeds mine. Bill T.

10. Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    This shows you what type of person he is. read the attached memo he sent to my private box.

"I'm assuming the "problem" with my avatar you found so despicable to view, has somehow gone away. This, I'm just assuming has allowed you to go on viewing it without too awfully much annoyance and displeasure. I'm glad you have finally found a way to allow yourself to view my wife's beautiful legs without making a public, stupid, spectacle of yourself on a public forum.

You could have P.M.'d me with this, but you didn't. Instead you chose to take it public, and make it a public spectacle. My reply to all of this is to simply say **** YOU! Who the **** do you remotely think you the **** are? "You would consider it a favor" if I removed it. Really? How about if I considered it a favor if you took your replies elsewhere? You insult my wife like some kind of self appointed God, and expect me to react? GO **** YOURSELF JAGOFF!! Please feel free to contact me if you remotely have the balls, you gutless, totally worthless *******. Bill T. "

What's so funny about it is that he is so stupid he thinks I sent it to him. I was sending it to Cocked and Locked.

How about telling all of us what you find so horrible about my avatar to the point you have to ask me publicly to remove it?? Bill T.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast