CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 22
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    Oh, you are right billt, you are right. Forgive me for ever doubting you or disagreeing. How could I ever have doubted pure genius? I mean me having sh!t for brains and everything. I can only laugh. I've tried to tell you that they should be punished if they did wrong. But your rants and outlandish hatred for cops, seems to fog the real issue. But once again, you are soooooo right man. I mean you are the man. So just forget about me man. I mean, you are so right. Now go take your medication, before Mommy takes away her computer.
    As I said, you once carried a gun and a badge???????????????? Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by WyGuy View Post
    New guy here and just trying to stay out of the line of fire.

This LV shooting has really got me re-thinking. I'm generally Pro-Leo and support them considering the tough job they have. Frankly, this thing has got me spooked.

Absent most of the objective evidence, we're left with what we think we know. Mr. Scott was a West Point Grad and a Commissioned Officer. We're talking; DUTY... HONOR ... INTEGRITY. I'm thinking that in this guys case these were not just words but rather a way of life.

What are the odds that this type of person would pull a weapon on a LEO? I'm thinking: Not in a million years. We're talking about someone who's life had been generally based on absolute obeying of authority.

This whole thing is very upsetting.

Ron
    Welcome to the site! I agree with you that I don't think he would have pulled a gun. I wish they released the video. Only time will tell I guess.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I feel like you too. But I will add that I have met two female cops in my town at a wreck, and at an illegal parking on my part(she claimed). The female cop that came to the fender-bender, where I was rear-ended on my bike, was a laZY, no-good-for nothing cop. She thought it was "minor damage". I told her this was a $22,000 Harley-Davidson. There is no such thing as "minor damage" on one of these bikes. She refused to write up an accident report. the bill came to almost $2000. I was lucky the frame wasn't bent.

The second encounter was with a total biotch that was obviously mad she had to work a weekend at a Towne Centre. I parked my bike on the sidewalk in front of the Tobacco shop where I work when someone needs to go to a doctor appt, etc. She came in the shop with a chip on her shoulder, raising hell that I had a bike parked out there. I told her that cops and the Towne Centre management said it was OK, She called me a liar! She said she would have it towed if I didn't move it. What a biotch!!

If either one of these cop types were representative of what happened in Las Vegas, then YES!, there could be a cover up. But we don't know that. In Fact, we don't know much at all, good or bad. So why don't we all just wait until the entire load of information hits the scene?
    Well, how much you want to bet that if they were not cops and you two bumbed into each other on the street at night, she probably would have went the other way quickly. When I was in the Marines, and came home on leave, I treated people exactly the same way as if I was just a civilian. In other words, I would never do in uniform what I would be reluctant to do out of uniform - or if I was not part of the "system". I think that women, doing what I would consider a typical male job, tend to overcompensate. I think they feel threatened by the fact that most of them, except maybe the ones that are a black belt or something, could get their butts kicked by most men in a toe to toe fight. I have never encountered a female cop, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I would rather have to deal with a male cop.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    The first thing most cop chicks put on when they exit their vehicle is an attitude. You see it all the time. Most have trouble with authority, which is the main reason they shouldn't have it in the first place. Women have zero place as street cops. They simply are not up to the task physically, let alone mentally. Political correctness has forced them into positions where they simply don't belong. There is enough administrative duties in a police and fire department for them. They don't need to be riding around as street cops or tailboard firefighters. Just look at how they've had to reduce the physical requirements so these broads can even qualify. Did it somehow become easier to stop an enraged 300 pound crack head, or carry an unconscious, obese man or woman down a ladder for 3 stories? As "Dirty Harry" said so eloquently, "That's a hell of a price to pay for being stylish!" He was as correct in the 70's as he is today. Bill T.
    I have to admit I agree with most of what you said. There are very few females who can match the average male in physical strength, as well as certain mental capacities that are required in a fight. Different things set us off, that what makes us different and should define what roles we play in society. Man is too busy trying to re-engineer everything to his liking-and screwing it all up in the process. Then nature has to come along and slam us with a catastrophy or something to reset the clock. Sucks, because a lot of down to earth people, both male and female, have to pay a price for the idiots. SOSDD! When I was in the service, I saw it with my own two eyes that MOST WM's could not do the same forced marches - same gear - as the men were REQUIRED to do. They would try, but they simply did not have the brute strength that is required to do the job, and they would end up getting picked up by the "meat wagon" before the march was done. I saw this many times and I know this happens. The difference was that if a male Marine did not complete the required task, he would risk being able to stay in the Corps. I have a wife and a daughter who I love very much, but I would not be stupid enough (neither would they) to try to compete with them on the same playing field. My wife gave birth to our son and daughter, but I sure as hell would want no part of that task, so why are women so eager to beat themselves up doing something their bodies are really not built for? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I have to admit I agree with most of what you said. There are very few females who can match the average male in physical strength, as well as certain mental capacities that are required in a fight. Different things set us off, that what makes us different and should define what roles we play in society. Man is too busy trying to re-engineer everything to his liking-and screwing it all up in the process. Then nature has to come along and slam us with a catastrophy or something to reset the clock. Sucks, because a lot of down to earth people, both male and female, have to pay a price for the idiots. SOSDD! When I was in the service, I saw it with my own two eyes that MOST WM's could not do the same forced marches - same gear - as the men were REQUIRED to do. They would try, but they simply did not have the brute strength that is required to do the job, and they would end up getting picked up by the "meat wagon" before the march was done. I saw this many times and I know this happens. The difference was that if a male Marine did not complete the required task, he would risk being able to stay in the Corps. I have a wife and a daughter who I love very much, but I would not be stupid enough (neither would they) to try to compete with them on the same playing field. My wife gave birth to our son and daughter, but I sure as hell would want no part of that task, so why are women so eager to beat themselves up doing something their bodies are really not built for? I don't get it.
    Well said. Most all of this nonsense is based on politically correct, liberal thinking. Remember "Ms. Grey", the old woman who was sitting in on Clint Eastwood's "evaluation" of Tyne Daly in the movie "The Enforcer". These people do exist in our government, and cause a lot of these type of issues and problems. When you have Senators the likes of Barbara Boxer, and Congress "women" like Nancy Pelosi, this kind of crap is bound to surface, and gum up the works when it does.

I simply ask myself how can a police force or a fire department be made better by placing women into it? The answer is that it cannot. We've seen countless examples of it. I remember when the papers were full of articles about the first woman fighter pilot in the navy. A few months later she was killed, and trashed a $35 million dollar F-14, because she committed a Cardinal sin and did not listen to the Air Boss, and refused a wave off on her approach. She then continued to make more mistakes by thinking she could recover from an unrecoverable situation instead of ejecting. Her stubbornness wound up costing her life, and the taxpayers plenty of dollars. All a direct result of women being put where they simply do not belong. Bill T.

The gypsy managed to turn this into an anti-cop thread and now with billit's help it's all that and anti-women, as well.

Wonderful, just wonderful.

They are both suffering from an irrational fear it will happen to them.

Maybe not so irrational after all, considering their attitude.

With some of these repliers' anger, impatience, anti-LEO comments, and now anti-women comments, no one really needs Brady et al for a reason for gun control. I'm sorry but these kind of comments by some are directly opposite of what should be expected of a CCWP holder. If you cannot control yourself under the simplest of circumstances like sitting at a computer, and you are complaining, and making statements about the LV circumstances that you have no direct knowledge of, and demonstrating an anger over literally everything around you on an everyday basis, I would argue that you should not be walking around with a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    With some of these repliers' anger, impatience, anti-LEO comments, and now anti-women comments, no one really needs Brady et al for a reason for gun control.
    This is the second time you've brought this up. Now you've got my curiosity. Please translate your gobbledygook into English, and explain how you connect gun control to cops who don't like to answer questions, and women who cause more problems than they solve, because they are put into places by politically correct liberals and idiot's much like yourself who support their actions, or else are married to women who won't let them say $h!t if they have a mouthfull. (I'm thinking that is the case with you). Keep your answer to the point and you'll be able to rejoin your little circle jerk with GOV 5 and $h!t for brains, along with your new found friend "Cocked". Name sure sounds appropriate, and like something that you would grow accustomed to without creating too much of an issue. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I would argue that you should not be walking around with a firearm.
    Well then it is certainly a good thing you in fact have no argument, isn't it. Bill T.

I think LEO should answer, to the public, as quickly as possible, anytime deadly force is used against the public, especially in questionable circumstances such as this. This is not an anti-LEO position.

And I don't consider it "anti-women" to suggest that political correctness is helping to put women in positions that they are not physically equipped to handle.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast