CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 25
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

1. Nevadans don't have much faith in the coroner's inquest process. As a result The I-Team: Calls for Reform of Coroner's Inquest Process Grows
    Here's the link
    I-Team: Calls for Reform of Coroner's Inquest Process Grows - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    supposed to be televised on the Clark County cable channel per LVRJ
    I believe thats for COX cable subscribers only ( channel 1 IIRC)

Come on there guns were unholstered and pointed at him What was he going to do go for his gun unholster it point and shoot a couple of leos that were already aiming at him They were unjustified in shooting It seems he was just showing them he was armed And even if he wasn't they had plenty of time to shoot if he went for his weapon I hope and pray These LEOS are taken off the streets they should not be allowed to carry weapons

From what I was reading from this thread, this isn't the first time this type of incident has happend in NV. I hope this gets fix when someone new gets elected.

I can agree with everyone for all of their replies except for those who exhibit a hostility and anger that goes beyond any kind of norm as far as I am concerned. I look forward to a final resolution and, if proven reckless, the police and the city better be prepared for their reckoning. The only thing that bothers me is what did this guy do in the first place that prompted so many people to complain and push this issue until police responded. There is something wrong here and unlike those who are part of an apparent lynching party when they know NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THEY WERE NOT THERE AND ARE ONLY RELYING ON RUMORS, INNUENDOES, AND ASSORTED GARBAGE, how this all started certainly has a bearing on the case, but is not an excuse for the shooting IF he acted in an appropriate manner and heeded the commands of the police and still was shot. I still find it difficult to believe that many of these repliers display such antipathy toward the police--I surely hope you keep that in check if, god forbid, you find yourself in a conflicting situation with police, and exhibit this kind of aggressive hostility; it will not be to your benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I can agree with everyone for all of their replies except for those who exhibit a hostility and anger that goes beyond any kind of norm as far as I am concerned. I look forward to a final resolution and, if proven reckless, the police and the city better be prepared for their reckoning. The only thing that bothers me is what did this guy do in the first place that prompted so many people to complain and push this issue until police responded. There is something wrong here and unlike those who are part of an apparent lynching party when they know NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THEY WERE NOT THERE AND ARE ONLY RELYING ON RUMORS, INNUENDOES, AND ASSORTED GARBAGE, how this all started certainly has a bearing on the case, but is not an excuse for the shooting IF he acted in an appropriate manner and heeded the commands of the police and still was shot. I still find it difficult to believe that many of these repliers display such antipathy toward the police--I surely hope you keep that in check if, god forbid, you find yourself in a conflicting situation with police, and exhibit this kind of aggressive hostility; it will not be to your benefit.
    Did you read the whole thread? I agree with you that some people are bashing the police a lil too much but I can also understand why everyone is feeling that way towards them. There's always going to be thiese kind of opinions from people that wasn't there because they wasn't there, all they can go by is what's been said in the news and from witnesses. If the shooting was justified the tapes and the atopsy would of been done and out to the publica long time ago. I'm in law enforcement (Federal) and I know if we had a situation like this and we were in the wrong our lawyers and advisers would stall as long as they could so they can figure out the best angel to go about handeling this situation. All everyone can do is wait and see what happens from here out. I just hope that who ever is guilty in this situation gets what they have coming.

Thank you freddie07 for a sensible reply. I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by freddie07 View Post
    Did you read the whole thread? I agree with you that some people are bashing the police a lil too much but I can also understand why everyone is feeling that way towards them. There's always going to be thiese kind of opinions from people that wasn't there because they wasn't there, all they can go by is what's been said in the news and from witnesses. If the shooting was justified the tapes and the atopsy would of been done and out to the publica long time ago. I'm in law enforcement (Federal) and I know if we had a situation like this and we were in the wrong our lawyers and advisers would stall as long as they could so they can figure out the best angel to go about handeling this situation. All everyone can do is wait and see what happens from here out. I just hope that who ever is guilty in this situation gets what they have coming.
    Yes, I agree with this statement as well. However, I think its a real shame when any law enforcement agency has to resort to this tactic of stalling so they can figure out the best way to CYA. If any citizen had done something like this they would still be in jail awaiting trial and the 911 recordings and video would have been played 24/7 on the news.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

It is shame BigSlick. I hate to say it but thats the world we live at now. From what I've noticed in my job is that everyone that is in a high position ( i.e. Chief, Captains, Executive Staff) are always trying to cover their own butts in everything they do instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing, you know like their jobs. I don't see this getting resolved any time soon and when it those it isn't going to be what everyone's expecting. They are going to do it in the low and you won't know what really happend because there is going to be lawyers and kinds of legal paperwork involved. I really hope that the right thing gets done because it would be trully messed up if they don't do the right thing in this situation.

They'll do what they are doing. Continuing to drag their feet at every single opportunity until public interest wains, at which point any wrong doing will be much easier to get away with simply because there will be no more public outcry, or at least far less of it. The real crime is the 4 or however many that actually dropped the hammer on this poor guy will continue to wear guns and badges, and most likely retire with a damn good pension paid for by the taxpayers. That is the real crime. Bill T.

11. Watch Coroner's inquest Live tomorrow morning

The Coronor's inquest will be streamed live in the Erik Scott Costco shooting Tomorrow morning (WED Sep 22nd) on KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas - Las Vegas News, Weather, Traffic, Sports.
    Here's the link:
    Father Releases List of Drugs Erik Scott was Taking - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast