CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 27
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    he was an addict with lethal amounts of drugs in his system, ( 4 x the lethal amount of morphine, wonder how he built up to that amount?)
    He had 4 TIMES THE LETHAL AMOUNT OF MORPHINE IN HIS SYSTEM, but he was able to drive to, and go shopping at Costco. Right. What are you on? The bull$h!t never ends. Bill T.

  2.   
  3. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    He had 4 TIMES THE LETHAL AMOUNT OF MORPHINE IN HIS SYSTEM, but he was able to drive to, and go shopping at Costco. Right. What are you on? The bull$h!t never ends. Bill T.
    Emotions are great for picking up girls when you are in high school, Bill T. Not much else though.

    People who are addicted to drugs have developed a large tolerance for their drug of choice, and often can function very well without anyone noticing.

    Have you honestly never heard of a "functional achoholic" or "functional addict"?

    "what are you on" is a great, logical and well though out statement.

    Did you even read the articles? he was not exactly handling the drugs well.

    Oh, I forgot, they are all in it together, the cops, drs, witnesses, everyone. Maybe I am in on it too, Bill T? Don't you worry that some of us who disagree with you are in on it too?

  4. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Emotions are great for picking up girls when you are in high school, Bill T. Not much else though.

    People who are addicted to drugs have developed a large tolerance for their drug of choice, and often can function very well without anyone noticing.

    Have you honestly never heard of a "functional achoholic" or "functional addict"?

    "what are you on" is a great, logical and well though out statement.

    Did you even read the articles? he was not exactly handling the drugs well.

    Oh, I forgot, they are all in it together, the cops, drs, witnesses, everyone. Maybe I am in on it too, Bill T? Don't you worry that some of us who disagree with you are in on it too?
    How about instead of all of your useless babble and unqualified opinions, post one single statement that proves what you say. I can get hearsay anywhere. Bill T.

  5. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    How about instead of all of your useless babble and unqualified opinions, post one single statement that proves what you say. I can get hearsay anywhere. Bill T.
    Seriously? You want me to prove that the eyewitnesses are telling the truth? Pay attention, please. They are giving testimony under oath. That suffices for reasonable people.

    I clearly stated I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until ALL the evidence is in. Do you think that is useless babble?

    Do you really believe eyewitness testimony is hearsay?

    Dr. testimony is hearsay?

    post one single statement that proves what YOU say. A reasonable, objective person will give much more weight to testimony than you your hypothetical posts.

  6. Just getting bits and pieces of the story but this question keeps buzzing around in my head. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've read; I'm thinking maybe there were two (2) volleys of gunfire. The first two (2) rounds, like maybe a double-tap and five rounds (5) a bit later. I believe I read that two (2) shots were to the front and five(5) towards the back. That would be consistant with two volleys.

    If Mr. Scott (and this is a big if) did draw his weapon, was he shot twice before doing so and five(5) times afterword? Was he fighting to save his life? I'm thinking that's about the only instance where he might pull a gun on a LEO.

  7. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Seriously? You want me to prove that the eyewitnesses are telling the truth? Pay attention, please. They are giving testimony under oath. That suffices for reasonable people.

    I clearly stated I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until ALL the evidence is in. Do you think that is useless babble?

    Do you really believe eyewitness testimony is hearsay?

    Dr. testimony is hearsay?

    post one single statement that proves what YOU say. A reasonable, objective person will give much more weight to testimony than you your hypothetical posts.
    More worthless babble. YOU made the statement he had 4 times the lethal amount of Morphine in his system. If you can't back that up with medical proof, which you cannot, the statement is meaningless. If you don't know, then don't say. You don't know a thing. Bill T.

  8. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    More worthless babble. YOU made the statement he had 4 times the lethal amount of Morphine in his system. If you can't back that up with medical proof, which you cannot, the statement is meaningless. If you don't know, then don't say. You don't know a thing. Bill T.
    Just what I thought. You did'nt even read the articles on line I posted from the local paper here. If you did, you would know that Dr Alane Olson, medical examiner, who performed the autopsy, testified UNDER OATH, that Scott had 4x the amount of morphine needed to kill someone. and the level of xanax was at the top of the lethal range. He had likely developed a tolerance to the drugs, which allowed him to function. Again, according to the dr's testimony. They could, however ,have made him drowsy, lethargic and clumsy. Again, according to the dr's testimony.

    Oh, yeah, I forgot. You are so savvy and street smart you know better than to believe that, right?

  9. #268
    Interesting how none of the witnesses were cross-examined.

    Also, the star witness was a Costco employee who gave testimony with the Costco corporate attorney watching her carefully. Probably had a look on his face like "Choose your words carefully if you value your career with the company..."

    Witness testimony is usually the least reliable of all possible evidence. It is even more worthless when the witnesses never get cross-examined !

    Sounds like a rigged proceeding set up merely to smear the victim and whitewash the LEO.

    I cannot imagine how this is supposed to get to the bottom of this mess.

    This reminds me of Janet Reno investigating herself over the Waco fiasco!

    -Doc

  10. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Just what I thought. You did'nt even read the articles on line I posted from the local paper here. If you did, you would know that Dr Alane Olson, medical examiner, who performed the autopsy, testified UNDER OATH, that Scott had 4x the amount of morphine needed to kill someone. and the level of xanax was at the top of the lethal range. He had likely developed a tolerance to the drugs, which allowed him to function. Again, according to the dr's testimony. They could, however ,have made him drowsy, lethargic and clumsy. Again, according to the dr's testimony.

    Oh, yeah, I forgot. You are so savvy and street smart you know better than to believe that, right?
    I have had many cancer patients getting 90-120mg of ER morphine two-three times a day with 45mg of IR morphine for breakthrough pain every four hours. Add some benzos for anxiety, to this as well. One could not tell that they were impaired in any way. They are up and about trying to maintain a normal living during all this medication. One patient continued to paint fantastic pictures while taking this stuff right up until he died.

    Sure, give this much stuff to someone who is opiate naive and they sure will die. Many back pain patients take similar high amounts of pain killers and function normally. In fact when a dose is titrated, we ask the patient what things they can now do with the new dose that they couldn't do before.

    A clumsy way to sway non-medical people into a prejudicial frame of mind right up front!

    -Doc

  11. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Just what I thought. You did'nt even read the articles on line I posted from the local paper here. If you did, you would know that Dr Alane Olson, medical examiner, who performed the autopsy, testified UNDER OATH, that Scott had 4x the amount of morphine needed to kill someone. and the level of xanax was at the top of the lethal range. He had likely developed a tolerance to the drugs, which allowed him to function. Again, according to the dr's testimony. They could, however ,have made him drowsy, lethargic and clumsy. Again, according to the dr's testimony.

    Oh, yeah, I forgot. You are so savvy and street smart you know better than to believe that, right?
    You have produced nothing but hearsay. You can't use it in court, but you're trying to sell it to me. Sorry, but I'm not buying it either. When you have something of legal substance that proves your statement, I'll listen. But until then, I've heard quite enough of your worthless babble that proves, and says nothing. Bill T.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast