CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 28
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Interesting how none of the witnesses were cross-examined.

Also, the star witness was a Costco employee who gave testimony with the Costco corporate attorney watching her carefully. Probably had a look on his face like "Choose your words carefully if you value your career with the company..."

Witness testimony is usually the least reliable of all possible evidence. It is even more worthless when the witnesses never get cross-examined !

Sounds like a rigged proceeding set up merely to smear the victim and whitewash the LEO.

I cannot imagine how this is supposed to get to the bottom of this mess.

This reminds me of Janet Reno investigating herself over the Waco fiasco!

-Doc
    Yeah, I've always liked the idea of cops investigating cops.

I'll lay serious money on what the outcome is gonna be.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, I've always liked the idea of cops investigating cops.

The kicker is they made the family wait 3 months for this? Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    They could, however ,have made him drowsy, lethargic and clumsy. Again, according to the dr's testimony.
    But I thought the cops said he was acting aggressively, and people in the store told stories of him yelling and screaming uncontrollably, while throwing merchandise around wildly. Sure as hell doesn't sound like someone who is "drowsy", "lethargic", and ready for a nap?? So tell me who's full of $h!t here, the doctor, the cops, or the witnesses?? Bill T.

5. Anyone see todays proceedings? I only caught Costco's Loss Preventions testimony up to 911 Call. Any developments in the Inquest?

I have watched most of the inquest hearing, my opinion from watching was Scott was on drugs and pulled a gun on the officers. That was untill I heard the first part of the officers testimony. More tomorrow, the cop will be back on the stand, to answer a lot more questions, some of his answers today did not gell he did a double tap to the chest. The other officers shot the remander 5 shots in to his back a secomd later.

I will be back in front of the T.V. at 8am, when this resumes, I want to hear the rest of the cops answers, he stumbled a couple of times today!

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Just what I thought. You did'nt even read the articles on line I posted from the local paper here. If you did, you would know that Dr Alane Olson, medical examiner, who performed the autopsy, testified UNDER OATH, that Scott had 4x the amount of morphine needed to kill someone. and the level of xanax was at the top of the lethal range. He had likely developed a tolerance to the drugs, which allowed him to function. Again, according to the dr's testimony. They could, however ,have made him drowsy, lethargic and clumsy. Again, according to the dr's testimony.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. You are so savvy and street smart you know better than to believe that, right?
    Something smells. I don't believe 4x the lethal dose of morphine and a lethal level of xanax and he was walking around functioning. I am rarely disappointed in believing if it doesn't sound logical, it probably isn't.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Hey buddy: Thank you very much for your comments. Isn't it a pleasure to write your comments in an orderly and respectful manner and then have a foul-mouthed buffle-headed goon lay his garbage on you? If only billyboy could converse in a respectful manner like many others who disagree with you, perhaps this thread would have a semblance of decency, but lo, decency does not seem to be a word that he understands, comprehends or even lives by. It is truly a shame that this case, as discussed in this forum, has degenerated to this point. Just wish billt would lighten up a bit and chill. I can feel his quickening pulse go off the charts---he seems to have a big problem with LEOs and a bigger problem with anyone who disagrees with him.

I found this item from one of the articles to be interesting about how Scott has been protrayed in the media vs. what his actual record was. He kept proclaiming that he was a Green Beret and his girlfriend kept saying that he just got back from Iraq. It is also interesting to note that normally West Point Grads have an active duty service obligation of fie years, not two.

Scott graduated from the U.S. Military Academy in 1994 and served two years in the Army before being honorably discharged. He was never in Special Forces or Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy
    ...post one single statement that proves what YOU say.
    You see buddy, that's the nice thing about being a conspiracy theorist - they don't have to. Just plant a little seed of doubt and let the sheeple's imagination run wild. The Gypsy is this site's champion opinion editor. He's got pleny of help around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc
    Sounds like a rigged proceeding set up merely to smear the victim and whitewash the LEO.
    Interesting, the human tendency to continue believing a pre-set notion under any circumstances, regardless of facts to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash
    And a safe bet that would be, now that we have some real, factual evidence to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by billt
    The kicker is they made the family wait 3 months for this?
    As if they didn't already know what was going on with this guy leading up to his untimely demise?
    Quote Originally Posted by billt
    So tell me who's full of $h!t here...
    Uh, that would be you. Even the most common, widely available, universally abused drug in the world (alcohol) has uniquely random affects on it's victims, depending on a large number of variables. Enough of it will turn some into raging maniacs (mean drunks) or cause the subject to simply pass out and in extreme cases, die.
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910
    ...interesting about how Scott has been protrayed in the media vs. what his actual record was.
    Mainstream media has become little more than a tool for special interests to ply public opinion, and marketers to make money doing it. I am even more suspicious of the special interests who attempt to leverage public opinion on the Internet.

And after all, nobody has asked what he was doing carrying while taking drugs (in any amount!!) in the first place?

If nothing else, let's hope we all learn a good lesson from this.

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast