CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 33
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Hey Rocketgeezer: If you think that C&L is talking about you, when he makes a statement that some strange and scary people populate this and other forums, and find it necessary to defend yourself, it does not say a lot about you and your own self-confidence, and your apparent inability to appreciate the words of the Bandwagon group, who, without knowing anything about the case, reply with a vengeance and anger against the LEOs that is downright scary and almost vigilante in context. Their comments could have easily been communicated in a more proper manner; that does not excuse myself and others from responding in outrage and saying things we probably regret, over their extreme replies, but it seems to be the only language they understand.

Lets remember that the reason for this inquest is to find out if the LEO's where justified, excusable or criminal. Officer Mosher said Scott did not follow his commands and went for his gun and Mosher was in FEAR of his safety and the people standing around. So he fired his weapon twice. In a Las Vegas inquest with the directions the jury will get from the judge that will lead to a justified outcome. Yes the system is flawed. Yes mistakes where made. But the fact remains Mosher was in fear for his safety. He defended himself. That is not criminal. Weather Scott was going to hand him the gun or not. He went for his gun.

I would be surprised if they can even make a wrongful death civil case out of it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JEFFANDTHEA View Post
    Lets remember that the reason for this inquest is to find out if the LEO's where justified, excusable or criminal. Officer Mosher said Scott did not follow his commands and went for his gun and Mosher was in FEAR of his safety and the people standing around. So he fired his weapon twice. In a Las Vegas inquest with the directions the jury will get from the judge that will lead to a justified outcome. Yes the system is flawed. Yes mistakes where made. But the fact remains Mosher was in fear for his safety. He defended himself. That is not criminal. Weather Scott was going to hand him the gun or not. He went for his gun.

As CCW holders we know not to touch our weapon unless told to hand it over or remove it from our person. We also know that a Holstered Weapon is considered safe. The photo I saw presented in or as evidence the weapon was holstered. So for anyone to say " I saw the gun" is an incorrect statement. They either saw the butt of a firearm or a holstered weapon, which poses NO threat. A weapon is considered safe in its holster. Did he "go for his gun" This is Las Vegas, where LEO's are (for the most part) used to the fact that over half of the Las Vegas population carries firearms and have CCW's. So it is understood that CCW holders pose NO threat, quite the opposite with the extensive background checks and training CCW holders recieve. Officer Mosher has a Marine LEO background and an east coast mentality obviously. I wouldn't be surprised by his radio transmissions that he was also a Marine sniper. I can tell you with my Military training and expert Marksman medals that he was and is "ATE UP" or "Stuck on Himself" I saw a lot of it during my twenty years of military service. Most Importantly he does not understand the way of the west. We are gun carrying citizens in NV. It is such common knowledge that once LEO's are informed of a persons CCW they question it no further in most instances. Additionally most Private Proptery businesses that do not welcome weapons i.e. guns or knifes, it is clearly posted on the entrance to such establishment. Every federal building in NV will ask you on top of the posted sign upon entry. This is a case where we have two NV transplants that have no understanding of NV gun laws and are now trying to cover thier ass for thier blunders, right down to the Loss prevention guy, which I also have experience in as a Loss Prevention Floor person, who's sole job is to prevent theft and not question whether or not a customer is carrying a weapon. If that were the case Costco would have signs posted and a door person/greeter asking customers as they enter if they have weapons. I see a sucsessfull wrongfulll death lawsuit down the pipes. Common sense also tells you that with two groups or crowds of people in excess of 60 to 100 people, there was a high possibility of innocent people becoming victim's of cross fire. A Taser should have been LEO's weapon of choice.
    Last edited by danfordman; 09-26-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    They either saw the butt of a firearm or a holstered weapon, which poses NO threat.
    How would you characterize the butt of a holstered weapon with the hand of a drug-crazed lunatic reaching for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    How would you characterize the butt of a holstered weapon with the hand of a drug-crazed lunatic reaching for it?
    Not a very accurate description of someone on chronic pain meds.

I know lots of patients taking at least what this guy was taking. You can NOT tell they are "Drug Crazed" from their behavior.

What meds do you take? How does it affect your behavior?

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Not a very accurate description of someone on chronic pain meds.
    Seemed like a fair assessment based on the witness account where "one person actually testified he fell down in the store and said he was really "%$#$ up," not to mention the profanity Scott shouted at the manager.

No, I believe you would be the one wrong in your assessment there, Doc.

And OBTW, attempting to shift the focus to me personally will not derail this thread. Nice try.

When are one of you Scott supporters going to try to justify the simple fact that he was even carrying at all in the 1st place, under the influence?

Still waiting on that one. Anyone? Anyone care to dream up some fanciful story about that?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Seemed like a fair assessment based on the witness account where "one person actually testified he fell down in the store and said he was really "%$#$ up," not to mention the profanity Scott shouted at the manager.

No, I believe you would be the one wrong in your assessment there, Doc.

And OBTW, attempting to shift the focus to me personally will not derail this thread. Nice try.

When are one of you Scott supporters going to try to justify the simple fact that he was even carrying at all in the 1st place, under the influence?

Still waiting on that one. Anyone? Anyone care to dream up some fanciful story about that?
    The Scott family attorney asked the question but the judge did not allow it to be asked. The question was how many LEO's are being treated for similar ailments and are being prescribed and using the same medications? The question was directed to the Doctors that were treating Erik Scott. The fact is many LEO's are being treated for similar ailments and taking the same medications while on duty. So are we calling LEO's drug crazed lunatics? I will be happy to make the statement about officer Mosher if it comes out in civil court he is taking any prescribed medications.

You are correct about the picture of the gun still being holstered. However that was not the gun that he supposedly pulled. He had two guns on him and several were shown the picture of the gun you are referring to and they all said it was not the correct gun. The second gun, or one he is supposedly pulled, was not found holstered after he was shot. Again you are ignoring the facts being presented and misrepresenting them. I can tell you about some of the drugs he was taking from personal experience and yes they will affect your reasoning ability and at the levels he was taking there is no doubt that they had a very strong effect on him no matter how "accustomed" he had become to them. You can build up a tolerance but the tolerance level reaches a maximum longs before one realizes that it has been reached, Many times I rely on my wife to tell me if a certain drug is working and what effect it is having on me. She is the only one that can really tell primarily because we have been together 36 years. One day not long agao she asked me it I had quit a certain medication and I said that I had. She said to start back on it and I had no idea that I was acting different. I wll guarantee you that no one at work could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    The Scott family attorney asked the question but the judge did not allow it to be asked.
    Gee, I wonder why? Could it be for the simple fact it has nothing to do with the matter at hand? The simple fact it is an obvious attempt to deflect the focus away from where it belongs? Like asking what drugs "I'm" taking, for example? This is a really lame approach used by the Scott lawyer, a fallacy of reason and attempt at deceit by leading the discussion away from where it belongs. If he is the same lawyer that takes it to civil court they will get nothing there either, like I said. We'll see....
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Again you are ignoring the facts being presented and misrepresenting them.
    Oh, that never happens! Puhleez. How can you argue a preconceived conclusion with facts?

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast