CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 34
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I found this item from one of the articles to be interesting about how Scott has been protrayed in the media vs. what his actual record was. He kept proclaiming that he was a Green Beret and his girlfriend kept saying that he just got back from Iraq. It is also interesting to note that normally West Point Grads have an active duty service obligation of fie years, not two.
    That's interesting. I thought there was a 4 year Active Duty obligation after graduating from a military academy.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  2.   
  3. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Seemed like a fair assessment based on the witness account where "one person actually testified he fell down in the store and said he was really "%$#$ up," not to mention the profanity Scott shouted at the manager.

    No, I believe you would be the one wrong in your assessment there, Doc......?
    Bizarre behavior in public means drug to you? Hell, you can spot a "Drug Crazed" person a mile away!

    So how do you know this person is on drugs rather than having a diabetic incident? Both can lead to similar behavior.

    I know lots of people who are NOT on drugs who get angry easily, use profanity, tear things up, and shout in peoples faces when they don't get their way. These same individuals, without the benefit of chemical intervention, commit bizarre, mean, and even criminal acts.

    Meth? Cocaine, certainly can lead to agitated, violent behavior

    The opiates, and benzos he was taking would SEDATE not AGITATE him!!

    They can also reduce inhibitions to a degree, but this is usually seen in context of being drowsy when the dose is in excess of the individuals tolerance level.

    Ever see a druggie do the "Heroin Nod?" I have worked with hundreds of druggies. You haven't!

    As I said before, I don't know the whole story. I wasn't there. It seems like his person should have merely left the store when confronted by the manager rather than argue. It would have been the end of the story.

    My disagreement is with the way this proceeding has been carried out. The conclusion is decided before the trial and only evidence supporting the conclusion is allowed. Sorta like global warming and tobacco company science!

    -Doc

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Bizarre behavior in public means drug to you? Hell, you can spot a "Drug Crazed" person a mile away!

    So how do you know this person is on drugs rather than having a diabetic incident? Both can lead to similar behavior.

    I know lots of people who are NOT on drugs who get angry easily, use profanity, tear things up, and shout in peoples faces when they don't get their way. These same individuals, without the benefit of chemical intervention, commit bizarre, mean, and even criminal acts.

    Meth? Cocaine, certainly can lead to agitated, violent behavior

    The opiates, and benzos he was taking would SEDATE not AGITATE him!!

    They can also reduce inhibitions to a degree, but this is usually seen in context of being drowsy when the dose is in excess of the individuals tolerance level.

    Ever see a druggie do the "Heroin Nod?" I have worked with hundreds of druggies. You haven't!

    As I said before, I don't know the whole story. I wasn't there. It seems like his person should have merely left the store when confronted by the manager rather than argue. It would have been the end of the story.

    My disagreement is with the way this proceeding has been carried out. The conclusion is decided before the trial and only evidence supporting the conclusion is allowed. Sorta like global warming and tobacco company science!

    -Doc
    Well said DOC.....kudos for setting it straight.

  5. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Bizarre behavior in public means drug to you? Hell, you can spot a "Drug Crazed" person a mile away!

    So how do you know this person is on drugs rather than having a diabetic incident? Both can lead to similar behavior.

    I know lots of people who are NOT on drugs who get angry easily, use profanity, tear things up, and shout in peoples faces when they don't get their way. These same individuals, without the benefit of chemical intervention, commit bizarre, mean, and even criminal acts.

    Meth? Cocaine, certainly can lead to agitated, violent behavior

    The opiates, and benzos he was taking would SEDATE not AGITATE him!!

    They can also reduce inhibitions to a degree, but this is usually seen in context of being drowsy when the dose is in excess of the individuals tolerance level.

    Ever see a druggie do the "Heroin Nod?" I have worked with hundreds of druggies. You haven't!

    As I said before, I don't know the whole story. I wasn't there. It seems like his person should have merely left the store when confronted by the manager rather than argue. It would have been the end of the story.

    My disagreement is with the way this proceeding has been carried out. The conclusion is decided before the trial and only evidence supporting the conclusion is allowed. Sorta like global warming and tobacco company science!

    -Doc
    Excellent statement Doc!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  6. #335
    the toxicology report for Eric Scott. I don't know what the level actually mean but I do know that this combination is not good and shows that anyone taking all these different drugs is impaired.


  7. #336
    A urine drug test cutoff values for various substances are:

    Morphine is 2000

    Amphetamines: 500

    Cocaine(metabolite): 300

    Benzos (varies with test) typically : 300

    So if he were given a workplace drug screen, he would have barely tested positive for the alprazolam.

    Of course, this sounds scary to those who are medically uneducated.

    Thanks for the image.

    -Doc

  8. #337
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    So now, in addition to the USA Bandwagon cast of charactiers, who are the self-professed all-knowing investigators on this case, we have Doc, who has a disagreement on the way the proceedings have been carried out. It is a shame that the inquest has had to involve other people, because all we apparently needed was for Doc to go to LV and tell them how an inquest really works. Put them all together and we find a coverup which, I assume, has taken a life of its own for the sole purpose of protecting the LEOs from criminal charges, and the citizens of LV from civil damages. If that is where you are going--fine--nothing short of a proven coverup will satisfy you. Are you so suspicious of everything about this system? Do you trust anything that you disagree with? I still have questions about this case but I am willing to listen to and accept their findings based on the evidence and information and investigation that THEY made, not YOU. It is a shame we could not have had this illustrious group working on the Kennedy Assassination or the World Trade Center Bombing---look at all the time and dollars we could have saved with this all-knowing "quick response" investigative/legal team.

  9. #338
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Eyewitness testimony is not hearsay and IS admissible in court, despite your belief that it is not. A doctor testifying to his or her work on a victim is not hearsay and IS admissible in court, despite your belief that it is not. Erik Scott's dr's testifying to their treatment of him and his depression and drug addiction is not hearsay and IS admissible in court despite your belief that it is not.
    All right, let's roll with that. You still have not explained all of these major contradictions in all of this testimony by all of these "expert" witnesses. Spare me all of your nonsense and stick with the question at hand for a change.

    1.) As was said, Morphine, along with the other drugs and opiates found in his system, would SEDATE not AGITATE him!! Give someone a "lethal dose" of Morphine, let alone "4 times" that, and the last thing they'll do is run a 4 minute mile, or have an uncontrolled desire to go Billy The Kid with the cops.

    2.) This was proven by the good doctors "expert testimony".

    3.) The police, as well as the alleged "witnesses" in the store directly contradict this behaviour.

    4.) The cops say he "acted aggressively". Witnesses in the store said he "seemed very agitated", and was "wildly throwing around merchandise".

    Now, none of this adds up in the least. In short someone has to be lying. In spite of whatever this guy was or wasn't, he was not 2 people. If this guy was as doped up as the doctor claims, there is simply no way he could have been acting the way the cops or witnesses said. You don't have to be a Harvard Medical graduate to see this whole thing stinks on ice. It all boils down to who has the best reason to lie? The doctor himself, has no cause or reason to lie. The cops do simply based on the fact their asses are on the line. Those are the simple facts. As presented they make no sense at this point. When you can explain that, I'm listening. Bill T.

  10. #339
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029

    That's the nice thing about conspiracy theorys...

    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Now, none of this adds up.....
    They don't have to provide any evidence or facts - just say it doesn't make sense or it doesn't add up. Plant that seed of doubt and continue on their merry little fantasy.

    How about something from the Scott side then, proving he did NOT need to get shot?

    Does he have a single witness who says he did not pull a gun? No.

    Does he have a Dr. testifying he was taking all the proper medication in the proper amounts? No.

    Does he have West Point or Army Superiors coming forward testifying about the circumstances of his discharge? No.

    Does he have anything in his defence at all, other than presumption and theory? No.

  11. #340
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Does he have anything in his defence at all, other than presumption and theory? No.
    You mean of course other than his bullet riddled body? Bill T.

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 12:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast