CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 38
Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

REQUIREMENTS OF WEST POINT APPLICANTS

Candidates must apply directly to USMA for admission, and they must obtain a nomination. The majority of candidates receive their nomination from their congressman. The nomination process is not political and applicants do not have to know their congressman to be nominated. The nomination process typically consists of writing essays, obtaining letters of recommendation, and a formal interview.

Admission to West Point is selective: 12.75% of applicants were admitted (total of 1292) to the Class of 2012. Candidates must be between 17 and 23 years old, unmarried, and with no legal obligation to support a child. Above average high school or previous college grades and strong performance on standardized testing is expected. The interquartile range on the SAT was 1100–1360 and 68% ranked in the top fifth of their high school class. To be eligible for appointment, candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment and a complete physical exam. About 15 candidates are admitted each year from foreign countries at the expense of the sponsoring nation.

Candidates may have previous college experience, but they may not transfer, meaning that regardless of previous college credit, they enter the academy as a fourth class cadet and undergo the entire four-year program. If a candidate is considered qualified but not selected, he may receive an offer to attend to the United States Military Academy Preparatory School. Upon graduation from USMAPS, these candidates are appointed to the academy if they receive the recommendation of the USMAPS Commandant and meet medical admission requirements.

The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) also offers scholarship support to people who do not initially make it into West Point. The scholarships usually cover around $7000 to civilian universities; the students who receive these scholarships do so under the stipulation that they will be admitted to and attend West Point a year later. Those who do not must repay the AOG. New Mexico Military Institute, Marion Military Institute, and Valley Forge Military College are three colleges that students often attend on the AOG scholarship prior to admission to West Point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...litary_Academy

REQUIREMENTS OF LVPD OFFICER APPLICANTS

Applicants applying for commissioned positions (Police Recruit or Corrections Recruit) must also meet the following requirements:
    All applicants must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. (General Educational Development) certificate.
    A.Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the date of the first test instrument for the position applied.
    B.Visual acuity must be 20/20, or correctable to 20/20, with normal color, peripheral, and night vision. For applicants who wear hard lenses or who have worn soft lenses for less than 6 months, uncorrected far vision can be no worse than 20/40.
    C.Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America by the date of the first test instrument for the position applied.
    D.Applicants must maintain physical condition necessary to perform the essential functions of the job as stated on the class specification.

http://www.lvmpd.com/employment/hiring.html

Finally agree with Doc on something. Shut this thread down already, Poor billyboy is running out of profane expletives instead of decent english discussion. He makes his point only by denigrating others with his classic gutter language and overt anger that is a talking advertisment for gun control as it applies to people with unbalanced anger. Goodbye billyboy.

I'm convinced Kelcarry is female. The only thing I've ever heard whine more is a dog $h!tting tacks. Bil lT.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Finally agree with Doc on something. Shut this thread down already, Poor billyboy is running out of profane expletives instead of decent english discussion. He makes his point only by denigrating others with his classic gutter language and overt anger that is a talking advertisment for gun control as it applies to people with unbalanced anger. Goodbye billyboy.
    I agree. Shut it down. There has been no new useful info since Billt took it over.

And I gave up trying to keep it on track. You can't argue with an idiot. They seem to enjoy driving it down to profanity and insults, for some reason.

does anyone actually have any more news on the topic? Just curious because I am actually interested in finding out more about this. I have my eyebrows raised as do many and want to follow this more.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

The college I attended was a full military school up until 1954 and when I attended still required two years of ROTC and had a strong military feel and influence.
    So was UC Berkeley at least through the 60's so I guess that isn't all that impressive.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

More information, including a homeland security agent saying scott pulled a gun, pointed it at the cops and failed to comply with directions to drop it

Witness procession continues in Scott inquest - News - ReviewJournal.com

"All shots hit Scott, whose wounds included one in the chest and three in the back."

I guess they had to make sure, didn't they?

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

Steve Albright was also shopping at Costco with his wife and two children when they were told to evacuate. Albright saw someone point Scott out to a police officer, who then said “police” to Scott. Scott turned to face the officer and the officer said, “Get down, get down.” He said Scott's right hand reached toward his back-right pocket.

"Muscle memory tells me what that means," he said, referencing the motion Scott made. Albright has a concealed weapon permit and said he has drawn a gun thousands of times.

Really? I've held a concealed weapons permit in the state of Arizona since they started the program in the mid 90's. I have never drawn my weapon, EVER. Where are these people he has drawn down on, "Thousands Of Times"????

.................................................. .................................................. ..................

The next witness was a woman who works in a sensitive law enforcement position who couldn't be photographed or named in the news media, Coroner Mike Murphy said.

So she works for the police, is testifying on behalf of the police, but she is so important she "just cannot be identified????"

Her husband told her the man had a gun, but she couldn't see it, she said. After the shooting, officers brought out crime scene tape and told everyone to go home, so they did, she said.

So......Her husband told her he had a gun, but of course she couldn't see it.......Then she went home?????

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

This is just an appetizer. It will only get worse. I posted that picture of the overweight, slob of a cop for a reason. It shows the type of individuals who are behind this kind of cheap, stupid, pathetic nonsense. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to see the way this whole thing is going. Eric Scott, and his family have as much of a chance of seeing justice done here as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. None of this surprises me in the least. These people have the power, along with the influence to cover their ass no matter what the circumstances dictate. What really scares and disappoints me is how so many citizens are behind them, along with their sick antics. These are without a doubt the same ones who voted for Hussein, and cheer "health care" each and every step of the way. More big government, more power for them, and more dictatorial policies the citizens have zero chance to protect themselves from. I only hope when and if it ever happens to any member of their family they stand on the same side as they are on now when they have to bury their son.

Now Kelcarry, this is where you can come in at any time and call me a, "cop hating monger for gun control", along with all of your other stupid, senseless, nonsense and "wisdom". It won't piss me off in the least. It only makes me wonder how people in this nation can become so damn pathetic and gutless when it comes to having their freedom,and way of lives taken from them with no detectable sense of loss of valor. Now carry on looking for reasoning to piss on the grave of Eric Scott, who on his worse day accomplished more than you could ever hope to on your best. Bill T.

Day 4 blog: Witnesses recall fatal police shooting at Costco - Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010 | 8:35 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Nice display of selective reading there bill.

Did you not read the whole article, or just the parts you could draw questions around?

Maybe you can find a certificate online somewhere, print it and send if off to the Scotts and ask if they want a new lawyer. Sure looks like they are going to need it.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast