CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 43
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    My guess is ....
    This is the key concept to all the conspiracy theories. Cover up, supressed evidence, fat cops, whatever. All pure speculation based on nothing but a desire to steer the reader's opinion.

    I'll just go ahead and revive an old favorite term of mine around here: FUD - (F)ear, (U)ncertainty and (D)oubt. That is all that is there for anyone who does not believe Erik Scot got himself justifiably killed that day. Fear of authority and the cops. Well, if a fat cop was involved he MUST have done something wrong. Uncertainty due to a lack of video evidence. What did we use back in the day before video and digital processing and storage made these things so much easier? Was anybody any less certain Billy the Kid didn't shoot 13 people just because the witnesses said so? Do you DOUBT your government and judicial system has the integrity and honesty within it's appointed and elected officials to do this right?

    If you have that little faith in our legal and justice system then maye it's time for you to move. Or maybe you are part of the litigious society problem that has grown our legal system into the farce it can be when it comes to the amulance chasers and big money jury award scenarios this is headed for. Cha-ching!!

    Get over if for cryin' out loud.

  2.   
  3. #422
    JSDinTexas Guest

    Very Unfortunate, Very Complicated

    I don't have an explaination or opinion about any of this, although I could cite a thousand reasons.

    But one thing stood out to me in the news report:
    "Scott's post-mortem blood test showed high levels of the painkiller morphine and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax."

    Not saying he was a drug addict or anything like that, but he was obviously affected by these strong drugs. And this may have contributed to the event

  4. #423
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    ...obviously affected by these strong drugs. And this may have contributed to the event
    Had he complied with orders to get on the ground or survived by some miracle, he'd be looking at a felony charge for carrying under the influence, along with the 2nd unlicensed weapon. His days of concealed carry were over, one way or the other.

  5. #424
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Had he complied with orders to get on the ground or survived by some miracle, he'd be looking at a felony charge for carrying under the influence, along with the 2nd unlicensed weapon. His days of concealed carry were over, one way or the other.
    True. Also, since he was breaking the law by being UID and carrying, maybe he should not have had a license in the first place.

    Don't get me wrong here - I feel sorry for all who suffered this loss, and troubled when a situation like this could have gone differently with he still being alive. And my opinion is just like an aircraft or car accident - a series of events led to the final conclusion. A number of things could have been even slightly different and he would likely still be alive.

  6. #425
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Fine. Where are the eyewitness? Scott family holding them out for a civil verdict, apparently, not a criminal one. If I believed leos, or anyone, killed a family member of mine, the criminal trial would be the only thing on my mind. I know this was just an inquest, but obviously, they are gearing up for a suit against costco, the real guilty party. If my atty withheld witnesses from an inquest, he would be fired.

    So I assume that you will stand here now, and based on this comment, say that you already do not believe any witnesses that may come forward and say he did not draw a gun? Because "studies" on eyewitnesses show something bad you saw on tv?
    As I've said before I don't know what happened but the lead up to the inquest was enough to cast in question the results. I don't think there was a fair hearing. I may be wrong but the way it has been handled casts suspicions. There have been at least two witnesses publicized who said the victim drew no gun. It doesn't appear they testified at the inquest. So, I do think a civil trial is necessary.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  7. #426
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    There have been at least two witnesses publicized who said the victim drew no gun.
    Cite? The ones I know of you might be referring to said they did not see a gun on the ground AFTER the shooting, and another who was not seeing a gun from standing behind the deceased.

    * NOBODY * EVER * said "the victim drew no gun."

    Let's get the facts straight here, jim.

    One of the precepts of propaganda is that if you can not hide the truth then you mix it with enough lies that nobody can figure it out.

    Nice try, jim.

  8. #427
    One-Sided Biased System Wins Again...

    Cops - 100%
    Victims - 0%

    No Surveillance Video, No Dash Cam Video...

    "Justice & The Truth Will Come Out In Civil Trial" - Attorney For Erik Scott's Family...

    Fire Sherriff Doug Gillespie

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  9. #428
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Do you DOUBT your government and judicial system has the integrity and honesty within it's appointed and elected officials to do this right?
    Yes. I lived through the Rodney King and OJ fiasco's. In King, the cops got screwed, in OJ, there was no justice. I see prosecutional misconduct cases with mistaken convictions being exposed. Trust but verify especially when there are distinct problems that raise questions.

    If you have that little faith in our legal and justice system then maye it's time for you to move.
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Sounds like unjustified faith in a known faulty system to me. It also sounds like you are demanding unquestioning faith in government. Sorry, but government has never earned unquestioning faith.

    Or maybe you are part of the litigious society problem that has grown our legal system into the farce it can be when it comes to the amulance chasers and big money jury award scenarios this is headed for. Cha-ching!!
    I'm sorry you have failed to understand what I have said. I'm also sorry that you seem to be in automatic lock step with Big Brother. Given the way government has handled this, yes, I question the findings, not because I know or think something else happened but because there doesn't seem to have been a fair hearing of the circumstances. It shouldn't be necessary for a civil trial but the handling of this case raises questions that the authorities have not answered.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  10. #429
    ON King I will add, that while King was no angel, there is no justification for a cop beating a guy crawling away on his hands and knee's with a night-stick with both hands...

    AND with KING, at least we have Video other then a cops car driving into a parking lot...

    DEMAND JUSTICE FOR ERIK SCOTT & HIS FAMILY...

    Start By Firing Sherriff Doug Gillespie November 2nd, 2010
    Throw Officer William Mosher & Company In Prison...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  11. #430
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    "Justice & The Truth Will Come Out In Civil Trial" - Attorney For Erik Scott's Family....
    In this case justice will be measured in dollars. Shouldn't cost much. Attorney's fees, court costs, etc.

    The truth is you should not expect Costco to protect you from getting shot dead by police while brandishing a gun in a brain dead, drug-induced stupor at their store.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 12:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast