CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 44
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #431
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey C&L: You are exactly right. It is nice to know that the Scott lawyer is already counting his bucks thanking the good lord for Erik's death. If there is something to learn from civil trials is that they do not prove a damn thing; it only proves that the juries are, in most emotional cases, a bunch of idiots. There is no REAL burden of proof on literally anything. If they are lucky, the Scott family will have a jury consisting of some of the lynching mob on this thread, who will feel vindicated by awarding big bucks, which will cost the LV insurance people or, if self-insured, the good people of LV, some money. I guess we can then expect the girlfriend to sue the parents for her share of the bucks, since she has no legal dog in this fight other than her "extreme emotional distress".

  2.   
  3. #432
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I guess we can then expect the girlfriend to sue the parents for her share of the bucks, since she has no legal dog in this fight other than her "extreme emotional distress".
    Very astute observation. It would not surprise me in the least.

    The Gypsy's only dog in this cyber-fight is riling up the anti-government extremeists and conspiracy theorists.

  4. #433
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    This is the key concept to all the conspiracy theories. Cover up, supressed evidence, fat cops, whatever. All pure speculation based on nothing but a desire to steer the reader's opinion.

    I'll just go ahead and revive an old favorite term of mine around here: FUD - (F)ear, (U)ncertainty and (D)oubt. That is all that is there for anyone who does not believe Erik Scot got himself justifiably killed that day. Fear of authority and the cops. Well, if a fat cop was involved he MUST have done something wrong. Uncertainty due to a lack of video evidence. What did we use back in the day before video and digital processing and storage made these things so much easier? Was anybody any less certain Billy the Kid didn't shoot 13 people just because the witnesses said so? Do you DOUBT your government and judicial system has the integrity and honesty within it's appointed and elected officials to do this right?

    If you have that little faith in our legal and justice system then maye it's time for you to move. Or maybe you are part of the litigious society problem that has grown our legal system into the farce it can be when it comes to the amulance chasers and big money jury award scenarios this is headed for. Cha-ching!!

    Get over if for cryin' out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    ON King I will add, that while King was no angel, there is no justification for a cop beating a guy crawling away on his hands and knee's with a night-stick with both hands...

    AND with KING, at least we have Video other then a cops car driving into a parking lot...

    DEMAND JUSTICE FOR ERIK SCOTT & HIS FAMILY...

    Start By Firing Sherriff Doug Gillespie November 2nd, 2010
    Throw Officer William Mosher & Company In Prison...
    There were several problems with King. The biggest one was the looped video shown over and over again left out the first part where King was resisting and throwing cops off his back. King refused to comply. The cops couldn't get him handcuffed. The sentencing judge in the second (and I believe unconstitutional) trial said that the cops were out of compliance with police policy for only 15 seconds (the cops involved were widely criticized by other cop experts for poor training and ineffectual actions). Sgt. Coons stopped the female CHP officer from shooting King, and then she testified against him and the other cops involved (falsely in my opinion). There were other individuals in the car who were not beaten because they did not resist arrest.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  5. #434
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Cite? The ones I know of you might be referring to said they did not see a gun on the ground AFTER the shooting, and another who was not seeing a gun from standing behind the deceased.

    * NOBODY * EVER * said "the victim drew no gun."

    Let's get the facts straight here, jim.

    One of the precepts of propaganda is that if you can not hide the truth then you mix it with enough lies that nobody can figure it out.

    Nice try, jim.
    Did you read the last story? It said in the inquest, they didn't establish whether he drew a gun or was reaching for a gun. I added whether he drew his wallet or was reaching for it. And I do believe earlier stories quoted some witnesses as saying he drew no gun. There are lot's of questions but not many answers. Before you get on your high horse maybe you should review the actual stories.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  6. #435
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Bringing up Rodney King in relation to this fiasco is just the Gypsy's normal propaganda tactic. The points you identify specifically with regard to the King episode were lies unto themselves at the time, applied quite deliberately once again to the Erik Scott case in which they have absolutely bearing except to raise fear of the police and doubt that they are capable of executing their duties in a professional manner, generally speaking. Pure hogwash.

    Conviction in the court of public opinion is the only option.

    My opinion has not changed, despite desperate pleas to the contrary.

  7. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Before you get on your high horse maybe you should review the actual stories.
    I did. Read them all very carefully as a matter of fact.

    * NOBODY * EVER * said "he drew no gun."

    There we a few ambiguous statements about not seeing a gun, or not knowing what it was they thought they saw.

    But * NOBODY * EVER * said "he drew no gun." That was your formulation.

    Heck, I can say in all honesty I did not see Erik Scott draw a gun that day. I will testify to that under oath. Maybe they'll want me for a witness!

  8. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Bringing up Rodney King in relation to this fiasco is just the Gypsy's normal propaganda tactic. The points you identify specifically with regard to the King episode were lies unto themselves at the time, applied quite deliberately once again to the Erik Scott case in which they have absolutely bearing except to raise fear of the police and doubt that they are capable of executing their duties in a professional manner, generally speaking. Pure hogwash.

    Conviction in the court of public opinion is the only option.

    My opinion has not changed, despite desperate pleas to the contrary.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I spent a lot of time looking at the facts in the King case and had the opportunity to talk to Wind and several people close to the case.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  9. #438
    The part I like was where it was noted that in the store he seemed confused and needed the support of his girlfriend to stand up. Then, he exits the store, apparently has an amazing recovery of his physical abillites and draws down on the cops. Uh huh.

    As I noted long ago: Was there ever any doubt as to the outcome of this little episode?

    I'd be curious to see the numbers on shootings by LEO and the number of times they were exonerated.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  10. #439
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I did. Read them all very carefully as a matter of fact.

    * NOBODY * EVER * said "he drew no gun."

    There we a few ambiguous statements about not seeing a gun, or not knowing what it was they thought they saw.

    But * NOBODY * EVER * said "he drew no gun." That was your formulation.

    Heck, I can say in all honesty I did not see Erik Scott draw a gun that day. I will testify to that under oath. Maybe they'll want me for a witness!
    The inquest did not conclude that he drew a gun, at least according to the story that was linked here. That is all the fact that has been presented.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  11. #440
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I spent a lot of time looking at the facts in the King case and had the opportunity to talk to Wind and several people close to the case.
    I'm agreeing with you!

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast