CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 46
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This is very sad that someone would post such reprehensible and ignorant comments online. There have been several people on this thread, all operating under the cover of internet anonymity, posting such nonsense. Guess I will have to watch the LVRJ to see what you do, huh?

You are an embarressment to honest, law abiding gun owners.
    NO Surveillance Video, from a company anal about it; other then the first cop car driving into the parking lot, no dash cam video, from a state that requires it; no live audio with the victims voice, no lie detector tests were taken by any members of the LVMPD involved, nor costco employees...
    No police officer has been convicted or even charged in a wrongful shooting in Nevada in nearly 4 decades... and there has been plenty, including several by Officer William Mosher LVMPD... Additionally, the coroners' inquest system is biased towards the police...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I.

AND in my opinion, Erik Scott was murdered by William Mosher and other members of the LVMPD and employees of Costco and Sheriff Doug Gillespie are complicit in the cover-up of the actual events and facts of the case...

IF it was one of my sons, or daughters I would want an eye for an eye...

Being a firearm and other weapons owner or a 27+ year veteran of the USMC and a VFW does not have anything to do with it...
    Its all about justice...
    IMHO...

Read the entire thread and you will see where I am coming from...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I have read the thread and know exactly where you are coming from. Fortunately for me, I have never been there.

I will not revisit the issue of whether or not Scott was responsible for his own death, the evidence is in for anyone who focuses on what is there, not what is "not" there.

Anyone who advocates killing cops because of an opinion that is not backed up by anything is revolting, and does not meet any reasonable definition of a man.

How convenient that you can say you would want an eye for an eye if it was your family. Since it is not your family, you can say anything without having to face the consequences of actions.

I am going to the range today. I need to practice. Vegas is a less safe place with people like you walking around with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    A West Point grad was shopping at Costco when a customer noticed he was carry a concealed weapon and called police. Las Vegas Police shot and killed the man. The family of the CCW holder said he was complying with police commands. You be the judge. here's the link:
    Conflicting Accounts of Officer-Involved Shooting Emerge - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    Where can WE hear the 911 call?
    You know Freedom of Information & all that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by piesyor View Post
    Where can WE hear the 911 call?
    You know Freedom of Information & all that stuff?

Day 6 blog

This the writeup from day 6 but has links to all 6 days. You can find any of the calls and almost everything else about this here. The complete 911 call along with the sounds of the acutal orders and shooting can be found in the videos and links on these pages.

I've poked in here and there on this. Am I missing something. Scott had a 45 in his holster, a 38 in his pocket; which was shot at because one bullet hit him in his thigh. Then what triggered the real reason why they needed to pull guns out and go trigger happy? I remember a claim earlier on it seems that said he had a firearm in his grip......?

He was carrying one gun in a SOB holster and one in his pocket. When the police confronted him he reached behind his back and pulled out the one from behind still in the holster and "pointed" it at the police. They told him to put it down and when he did not they started firing. I think that in his mixed-up state of mind he thought he was doing the right thing but he was not following the police orders. You can hear the police orders on the tape but he pointed a gun at them however it was in a holster.

8. Point a gun at me holstered or not and you have my decision for me.

So your saying he pulled a holster on the cops (gun still inside it)? This is what confuses me. On the day 6 blog, it says:

STEVE MARCUS
    Metro Police Detective Barry Jensen testifies during a coroner's inquest for Erik Scott at the Regional Justice Center Tuesday, September 28, 2010.

"2:37 p.m.
    Erik Scott didn't have a permit to carry the gun that was in his pocket when he was shot, a Metro detective testified.

Detective Barry Jensen answered a question that his partner, who testified Monday, could not.

Scott carried a Ruger .380 semi-automatic handgun and a .45-caliber Kimber single action pistol. The Kimber was found in its holster not far from where Scott’s body landed after he was shot. The Ruger was found in Scott’s clothing as he was being taken to the hospital.

Scott had a concealed carry permit and seven gun registrations in is wallet, but the permit didn't include the Ruger.
    “That’s a felony crime in Nevada,” Jensen said.
    The permit did list a .380 Kel Tec, which is similar."

The blog stated that the gun was still in the holster. I can see them kicking it aside because it mentions not far from Scott's body.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeachObama View Post
    Scott carried a Ruger .380 semi-automatic handgun and a .45-caliber Kimber single action pistol. The Kimber was found in its holster not far from where Scott’s body landed after he was shot. The Ruger was found in Scott’s clothing as he was being taken to the hospital.
    Based on this the Ruger is taken out of the equation by the cops own statements. So according to this whatever gun he allegedly pointed at police, (Kimber), it had to have been in a holster. Now the only question is what was the make and model of the holster? If it blocked the trigger, how was he going to fire it at police? Granted, the cops most likely couldn't see that in the heat of the moment, but if the gun couldn't have been fired at them, where is this "threat" if not just in their minds? It doesn't require a "conspiracy" to realize many holsters are designed to prevent guns from being fired until they're drawn. If that is the case the shooting would go from being "justified", to being a tragic accident, which no one is admitting to. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]No police officer has been convicted or even charged in a wrongful shooting in Nevada in nearly 4 decades... and there has been plenty, including several by Officer William Mosher LVMPD...
    There's a couple very salient points. Are the cops ALWAYS right? Doubt it. This event should be viewed in light of these facts. Sounds like a heavy-handed PD to me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast