CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 49
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 519

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    $25,000 reward for video? Why not just make it a million and ask for the real killer and not OJ? This $25K is bogus crap to build the civil case and keep it in the headlines. Please Mr. Bill--do not read more conspiracy into my comments--we both know there is no such video---as if I always keep my video camera with me and use it on all my visits to Costco in their parking lot.

  2.   
  3. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    $25,000 reward for video? Why not just make it a million and ask for the real killer and not OJ? This $25K is bogus crap to build the civil case and keep it in the headlines. Please Mr. Bill--do not read more conspiracy into my comments--we both know there is no such video---as if I always keep my video camera with me and use it on all my visits to Costco in their parking lot.
    My thoughts exactly. Only $25,000 for a video that would make their case no matter what it shows as it would prove a cover up. Such a video should be worth at least a million. Notice the wording on the offer as it says both actions in the store and the shooting. Also note he also says that the video was there until they corrupted the disk and someone has a copy. More FUD for the masses.

  4. A lesson for all armed citizens. We have the freedom to carry in this country, thank God! But that doesn't do away with human fears and emotions about people who carry guns.

    The cops are the good guys, by definition, at least in this country. In the officer's mind, everyone else is questionable until they are convinced otherwise, especially if they are armed and/or behaving in any way differently than expected.

    The cops want to go home to their families, too, and they face lethal threats on a daily basis. If they get a call concerning a guy with a gun, they are going to come in all twitchy - and rightly so.

    Whether this was a "justified" shooting or not, an armed citizen, a certified good guy (ccw holder) is dead. The cops went home to their families when it was done - and now they have to live with it. No matter how it went down, it will give them nightmares for the rest of their lives, too.

    When you are confronted by the police, you are a non-cop with a gun. That makes you scary. Comply, smile, don't let your pride or your emotions cause your premature death. Convince them that you are a good guy by following orders. You don't know if they just came from a hot pursuit of a guy who looked a lot like you or was driving a car similar to yours. We all want to go home when it's over. Put your hands up in the air and let the cops (whose weapons are already drawn and trained on your vital parts) sort it out.

    This isn't Mexico, where the bad guys wear Police uniforms and pull people over at random; and even there, your best chance of surviving it is to simply let them figure out that you aren't the guy they were looking for. Smile, comply, show your ID when asked for it. Move slowly and carefully. Be respectful. But in Mexico, you had better not be carrying a gun, because whether it's the good guys or the bad guys who have pulled you over, all they will know is that you aren't one of theirs, and you are armed, so you need to be dead.

    Things haven't deteriorated to that extent here, so far. Law and order still prevails, even in Phoenix. Let's do whatever we can to keep it that way.

  5. #484
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwaz View Post
    ... a certified good guy (ccw holder)...
    Huh? Nothing certifies anybody as being a "good guy." Some may have better qualifications for being presumed "good" than others. IIRC, a past director of the FBI was convicted of espionage.

    I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

  6. I live in Vegas, and I'm still confused. With all the drugs they reported in his system won't help his case. IMO he screwed up by exposing his firearm. When I'm in public I am very careful when bending over or raising my arms. The general public is afraid of firearms and can panic when seeing one. I think thats what happen in this case.

  7. #486
    I am not sure that I can go along with the certified good guy description but that isn't the case here. One thing that everyone seems to ignore is what called attention to him in the first place and no it was not his gun. Only after he came under "survelance did anyone notice the gun. If he had not been throwing stuff around no one would have paid attention to him. You take someone acting weird then add a gun and people notice. I truly think he was trying to be helpfun when he pulled his gun still in the holster but he was the only one who was thinking like that. It was a fatal mistake.

    That was good advice that when police, or anyone, is holding a loaded gun on you with an itch trigger finger it is best to try and do exactly what they say to do and do not assume anything. Only in the movies can you draw and shoot faster than they can pull their trigger.

  8. #487
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey ccwaz and recent repliers: I sure hope old billy boy has gotten off this thread or you will be finding out what kind of crazy people you are for even assuming any LEO could be a good guy and that this unfortunate and obviously confused young man was just a model citizen and did nothing wrong except be in the vicinity of trigger happy crazy LV LEOs. As the Boy Scouts say--"be prepared"

  9. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwaz View Post
    A lesson for all armed citizens. We have the freedom to carry in this country, thank God! But that doesn't do away with human fears and emotions about people who carry guns.

    The cops are the good guys, by definition, at least in this country. In the officer's mind, everyone else is questionable until they are convinced otherwise, especially if they are armed and/or behaving in any way differently than expected.

    The cops want to go home to their families, too, and they face lethal threats on a daily basis. If they get a call concerning a guy with a gun, they are going to come in all twitchy - and rightly so.

    Whether this was a "justified" shooting or not, an armed citizen, a certified good guy (ccw holder) is dead. The cops went home to their families when it was done - and now they have to live with it. No matter how it went down, it will give them nightmares for the rest of their lives, too.

    When you are confronted by the police, you are a non-cop with a gun. That makes you scary. Comply, smile, don't let your pride or your emotions cause your premature death. Convince them that you are a good guy by following orders. You don't know if they just came from a hot pursuit of a guy who looked a lot like you or was driving a car similar to yours. We all want to go home when it's over. Put your hands up in the air and let the cops (whose weapons are already drawn and trained on your vital parts) sort it out.

    This isn't Mexico, where the bad guys wear Police uniforms and pull people over at random; and even there, your best chance of surviving it is to simply let them figure out that you aren't the guy they were looking for. Smile, comply, show your ID when asked for it. Move slowly and carefully. Be respectful. But in Mexico, you had better not be carrying a gun, because whether it's the good guys or the bad guys who have pulled you over, all they will know is that you aren't one of theirs, and you are armed, so you need to be dead.

    Things haven't deteriorated to that extent here, so far. Law and order still prevails, even in Phoenix. Let's do whatever we can to keep it that way.
    I think you are making some unjustified assumptions. Some places have well trained, professional LEO's. Other places have PD's that are well known for corruption, excessive use of force, and oppression under color of authority. Never say never and never say always.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    $25,000 reward for video? Why not just make it a million and ask for the real killer and not OJ? This $25K is bogus crap to build the civil case and keep it in the headlines. Please Mr. Bill--do not read more conspiracy into my comments--we both know there is no such video---as if I always keep my video camera with me and use it on all my visits to Costco in their parking lot.

    LOL

    I'm sure no Costco tape exists either.

  11. #490

    The Citizen and the Police Officer

    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    ...Some places have well trained, professional LEO's. Other places have PD's that are well known for corruption, excessive use of force, and oppression under color of authority. Never say never and never say always.
    Well said...

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nevada: CCW Holder Call To Action!
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. CCW Holder Fired By Pizza Hut
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:30 AM
  4. Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. CCW and crime rates in urban areas
    By tattedupboy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast