CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 50
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Isn't that when you are supposed to flash your CCW badge?

In all seriousness... I don't think we have nearly enough evidence to speculate whether or not the shooting was justified.
    My information on this is very limited, unfortunately. The last I had heard on this story was that IAD was supposed to be reviewing the dashcam videos. Then the next thing I hear is that the videos were not veiwable due to technical issues such as "corrupt files". *LOL* If this is true, is anyone suprised?

Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    My information on this is very limited, unfortunately. The last I had heard on this story was that IAD was supposed to be reviewing the dashcam videos. Then the next thing I hear is that the videos were not veiwable due to technical issues such as "corrupt files". *LOL* If this is true, is anyone suprised?
    Not even close and is how things get so mistaken and blow out of proportions. There were no dashcan videos due to where the officers parked. The videos that were corrupt were the ones from the store cameras. There is a reward if you can get the videos off of the hard drives or have some of your own.

Wait and see

First, we can't know until all the evidence comes out.

Second, this highlights the importance of proper CC training. I have my Virginia CCP.

Unfortunately a 1-hour video class is all you need in this state.

Instead, my wife and I chose a 10-hour 2-day class to make sure we know what we are doing - physically and legally. We learned, rightly, that when and if confronted by law enforcement, move your hands away from any weapon, remain calm, be nonthreatening, inform the officer you are carrying, comply with all commands no matter if you feel they are "fair" or not. That's not the time to assert your second amendment rights, especially when the adrenaline is flowing.

No cop wants to be involved in a shooting. It's the biggest pain in the ass you can imagine, even if no one is shot. The cop will lose his firearm for a while, possibly months, while the investigation runs. He will probably be stuck at a desk, something no cop wants. Along with the fact that it was in a brightly lit public area that was under surveillance, makes me initially think it's unlikely the cops were "trigger happy" or desirous of shooting someone.

However, once it happens, I also know that the cops will close ranks and back each other up, no matter what the truth is. Code Blue is hard to overcome. So I hope the store has a good video.

Thumbs down CCW Badges

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Isn't that when you are supposed to flash your CCW badge?
    Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    You got the dash cam video confused with the Costco video.

They have badges so they were correct in murdering him to protect the other unarmed people in costco. For some reason we citizens give way to much respect to the police badge and uniform instead of looking at the person wearing them. The actions of these officers to me was not justified. You want me to believe that none of them had a tazer that could have been used. I find it odd that the guy did not get a single shot off if his hand was on his gun.

8. jeep and bear arms ...shall not be infringed means keep it in your pocket, under your wig or wherever....the story is probably fake but if its true the officer should be tried for murder. iand i hopw he gets in the ***** and i hope it hurts.

if costco just didnt want the ccw person there they should have asked him to leave their property.

but the story is probably not true.

Quote Originally Posted by sthomper View Post
    jeep and bear arms ...shall not be infringed means keep it in your pocket, under your wig or wherever....the story is probably fake but if its true the officer should be tried for murder. iand i hopw he gets in the ***** and i hope it hurts.

if costco just didnt want the ccw person there they should have asked him to leave their property.

but the story is probably not true.
    Which story are you refering to as not true?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    They have badges so they were correct in murdering him to protect the other unarmed people in costco. For some reason we citizens give way to much respect to the police badge and uniform instead of looking at the person wearing them. The actions of these officers to me was not justified. You want me to believe that none of them had a tazer that could have been used. I find it odd that the guy did not get a single shot off if his hand was on his gun.
    Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges.

Quote Originally Posted by sthomper View Post
    ..but the story is probably not true.
    Yeah, prolly one of those Snopes deals. Them people wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the arse.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast