CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 51
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Hey fn1910: Your last reply mentioned a reward for video, which, from what i have been able to understand from all the misinformation, was offerred by the man's parents/their attorney. This stinks to high heaven and is indicative of the fact that all these people care about is the money, if any, coming from a civil suit, and has nothing to do with the truth, as if a video taker was hiding somewhere waiting for the cash. All i could think about when i read this baloney was the offer made by oj in "seeking" the killer of his wife. Outrageous grandstanding and very telling actions by the so-called plaintiffs' concern for the truth. Follow the money--it always tells the truth.

I read the offer of a reward for the tapes of this and I believe it said that the tape had to show his complete actions in the store as well as the shooting. I don't remember the exact wording but I know it had to include everthing both inside and outside the store. There is very little chance that any video including the stores video if it had worked would include everything that the offer required. You are exactly right that this is grandstanding on the part of the father which to me has been the deal all along including the billboards and interviews. He may claim it is about justice and truth but it sure appears to be more about the money than aything else.

Dude probably did not even have any life insurance. So sad.

I can't believe I read the whole thread.

As far as the drugs in his sytem went, they will affect each person differently. The fact that he was alive with 4 times the lethal level shows that it isn't an exact science. Like the rat tests for cancer causing chemicals. The rats would have died from drowning before they would have died from saccharin. Many people do not get sedated right after taking the opiates and may not have any affects for hours. Or they can have the opposite reaction for a period of time. Bill asked for proof that they wouldn't go down right away, well there are those out there who don't react the same all the time. I'm one of them. Just like everybody has a different tolerance for pain, everyone's body reacts differently. His falling in the store could be explained by a nerve compression. I doubt if we will ever hear the whole truth in this shooting or the civil case that is now filed. We just have to take it as has been given so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    This stinks to high heaven and is indicative of the fact that all these people care about is the money coming from a civil suit.
    Well kelcarry, I'll let you in on a little something the rest of the world already knows. All that can come from winning a civil suit is money. I doubt they're suing for a new living room set and a washer dryer. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Well kelcarry, I'll let you in on a little something the rest of the world already knows. All that can come from winning a civil suit is money. I doubt they're suing for a new living room set and a washer dryer. Bill T.
    Also it can prove that the defendants were atleast partly responsible. Criminal cases require proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. Civil can assign percentage of guilt.

WTF? He was shot to death/murdered by the police. I don't care how much money his family is asking for it will not bring their son back to life. What everyone needs to be asking is why they used deadly force instead of the Tazer that they carry. I can see using your gun if you are the only officer there but when you have three officers one of them could have pulled his Tazer while the other 2 had their guns pulled and pointed at him. Instead all we are getting is hear say from people. The store does have video cameras so for the video tape or hard drive with the video footage on it to not show up leads me to believe that the officers over reacted and murdered this man.

As for the drugs in his system if you are taking any drugs that will impair your mental status you should know better and leave your gun in your car or at home, Or wait till the drugs leave your system before carrying your gun.
    Last edited by Kasper; 11-29-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: changed the words out for WTF? as to not offend readers

9. Quote: "Dude probably did not even have any life insurance."

It wouldn't have mattered. The insurance company would not pay out, claiming it was "Suicide by Cop", or that since it was caused by his own actions, was not an accident. You have to remember that an insurance company will always look for a reason NOT to pay out on a claim, instead of trying to find a legitimate reason TO pay, as that is how they are able to stay in business. There would be so many things that could "disqualify" this claim.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges.
    It was not meant to be taken seriously.

11. Smile LV shooting

it's not weather he should of been shot or not, It's more about 5 shots in the back that bothers me.. OVERKILL

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast