CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 6
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

1. No more recent updates on Costco shooting, but this news article explains that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled deadly force decisions come under "tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving circumstances." here is the link;

Las Vegas Metro Police Respond to Thousands of Gun-Related Calls - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

You know, I sympathize with the victim and his family, but it all comes down to being hard-headed in my opinion. When a Cop has a gun pointed at you, giving you verbal commands, the last thing you should do is argue or attempt to show your gun. I have had people in my gunsights, finger on trigger and yelling lay on the ground, keep you hands where I can see them, and the moron starts arguing "but i didn't do nothing, I was just tryin' to do such and such." WHAT? For crying out loud. Just do it, and the talk will start after the scene is secured and the cops have a chance to ask what was happening. It's no wonder so many innocent people get shot. They are looking at the muzzle of a gun, with a cautious, even scared cop behind it, and they decide to show the cop his gun or argue with the cop. Sheesh! No matter if you like or dislike cops, you have to be a complete dumbass to do that.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    I mean really, COSTCO?
    Really?

I've read more than a few news articles where shootings have happened in shopping malls, grocery stores, dept stores, the corner gas station, etc...

What makes COSTCO so safe?

You never know when or where something could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    You know, I sympathize with the victim and his family, but it all comes down to being hard-headed in my opinion. When a Cop has a gun pointed at you, giving you verbal commands, the last thing you should do is argue or attempt to show your gun. I have had people in my gunsights, finger on trigger and yelling lay on the ground, keep you hands where I can see them, and the moron starts arguing "but i didn't do nothing, I was just tryin' to do such and such." WHAT? For crying out loud. Just do it, and the talk will start after the scene is secured and the cops have a chance to ask what was happening. It's no wonder so many innocent people get shot. They are looking at the muzzle of a gun, with a cautious, even scared cop behind it, and they decide to show the cop his gun or argue with the cop. Sheesh! No matter if you like or dislike cops, you have to be a complete dumbass to do that.
    You are 100% right...I don't feel the shooting was justified but if a cop has a gun in your face...def comply
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

6. The Sheriff finally speaks about the Costco shooting along with police shootings in general, why coronors inquest's take so long, etc. here's the link;
    POLICE SHOOTINGS: Gillespie urges patience while police shootings are under investigation - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    The Sheriff finally speaks about the Costco shooting along with police shootings in general, why coronors inquest's take so long, etc. here's the link;
    POLICE SHOOTINGS: Gillespie urges patience while police shootings are under investigation - News - ReviewJournal.com
    Thanks for posting! I am looking forward to seeing the end result of this. For the officers sake, and the sake of what happened, I hope it was justified...
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    The Sheriff finally speaks about the Costco shooting along with police shootings in general, why coronors inquest's take so long, etc. here's the link;
    Pretty standard procedure in most places. I know it looks like they are hiding stuff or keeping secrets, but the benefit of not opening ones mouth until the investigation is complete far outweighs the negatives. If they were to call it justified, and then the tape revealed otherwise, that would be hard to recover from. You also don't want witness statements floating around out there tainting statements you may not have taken yet. It is as frustrating to the cops as it is the public, because during that time period, the media and posts on blogs like this, publish lost of conjecture and they read it knowing lots of it to be false or inaccurate, but can't respond to it.

I am not siding with LVMPD, just pointing out some facts having been on the other side before.

Peace

9. Yeah, I am not siding with either side just waiting for the end results. Bottom line we are CCW holders so this directly affects us. I come from a strong and long line of both LEO and Military family members. My Grandfather was a Chief Warrant Officer in the Army and his brother was elected sheriff of San Diego in 1967, My dad was both LEO and Enlisted Military. and I am Retired Enlisted from the U.S.A.F. and 90% of the Officers where cool, but there was that 10% with that chip on their shoulder.

10. Enough chatter ladies and gentlemen. I want to see these SOBs DEAD! I truly hope that whatever state that was has the death penalty. For the cold hearted murder of a soldier and the abuse of their power, They need, and deserve, to be killed.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

11. Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Enough chatter ladies and gentlemen. I want to see these SOBs DEAD! I truly hope that whatever state that was has the death penalty. For the cold hearted murder of a soldier and the abuse of their power, They need, and deserve, to be killed.
    Agreed, if indeed it turns out to be murder, but you know it will be reduced to manslaughter, thats best case senario. Our justice system in this country is not very good IMO.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast