CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 7
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Quote Originally Posted by rdx4me View Post
    Really?

I've read more than a few news articles where shootings have happened in shopping malls, grocery stores, dept stores, the corner gas station, etc...

What makes COSTCO so safe?

You never know when or where something could happen.
    +1. It is amazing that we are so blessed with an expert that has figured out which places are safe to not carry a gun. Perhaps we should all contact our "resident expert" each time we leave the house to see if we need to be armed or not.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Enough chatter ladies and gentlemen. I want to see these SOBs DEAD! I truly hope that whatever state that was has the death penalty. For the cold hearted murder of a soldier and the abuse of their power, They need, and deserve, to be killed.
    This induhvidual obviously needs no facts or investigation to make the decision.

Nothing like judge, jury and executioner all in one, huh?

4. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. It is amazing that we are so blessed with an expert that has figured out which places are safe to not carry a gun. Perhaps we should all contact our "resident expert" each time we leave the house to see if we need to be armed or not.
    LMAO.., I saw recently in an independant study, that most gun related crimes take place between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm don't know if its true but as long as there isn't a sign posted "NO Firearms Allowed" I'm packing.

I am going brain dead. I recently read something. Maybe it was a link from here or?? I think it was a link from an email google alert on McDonald vs Chicago that I get.
    Basically it said that an innocent bystander is more likely to get shot in a shootout involving the police then one with a CCP and bad guy because the civilian are far more aware of the consequences because they do not have any protection offered by that "thin blue line" that the police have. This is not to disparage LEO'S who are doing their job. as a civilian protecting ourselves or loved ones know that even in a "good shoot"
    you know the police, over zealous D.A. and the BG'S family will be coming after you. Think about what I am trying to get across and you will see it makes sense. I will try to find the article and post it.
    Of course in the incident referenced here it was definitely time to whip out your CCW badge as posted earlier!

6. LVMPD has had to use lethal force 3 times in 8 days since the Costco shooting, raising the question what is involved in metros lethal force training. CBS news was allowed in to see their training first hand. Here's the link. "note I was hesitant to post this due to the fact I don't have any video of West Point Military schools lethal force training otherwise refered to as Laws of Armed Conflict LOAC or just urban combat training for the layman". Just to be fair. Remember, I am not taking sides here.
    Las Vegas News Video - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    Last edited by danfordman; 07-22-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add termonoligy

Any new news on this thing yet? Im just interested to see how it all pans out and who did what. I know we can all voice out opinions but I really want to know. I hope there is a video of the whole thing so that it tells the true story and not rely on witness statements that seem to be for the police and some for the victim. If it ends up being over reactive Police then they should be tried for thier actions. If it was the victims actions that lead him to being killed then this will be a good lesson to CCW holders as what not to do. I mean we all know and say what we would do but with a horribly true account of it happening, I think it will bring it home for most.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon. Don't rush it but just do it right with no coverups.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

8. Quote Originally Posted by GETMRUTN View Post
    Any new news on this thing yet? Im just interested to see how it all pans out and who did what. I know we can all voice out opinions but I really want to know. I hope there is a video of the whole thing so that it tells the true story and not rely on witness statements that seem to be for the police and some for the victim. If it ends up being over reactive Police then they should be tried for thier actions. If it was the victims actions that lead him to being killed then this will be a good lesson to CCW holders as what not to do. I mean we all know and say what we would do but with a horribly true account of it happening, I think it will bring it home for most.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon. Don't rush it but just do it right with no coverups.
    I agrree 100% and I will follow this this thread all the way through the end. The last news I heard is that we can expect the coronors inquest to take place in September, If anything is reported from now until then, directly related to the Costco shooting, I will more than likely be the first to post it here. I am on the the same page as you, trust me. On a side note, videos from another unrelated shooting that took Place in 2008 are just now being released nearly two years later. So with that said, I really hope it doesn't take that long for this shootings videos to be released to the public.
    Last edited by danfordman; 07-22-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add a side note

I want to get the bottom of this fast. I think the police are dragging their feet. There are way to many versions of this story already floating around, he did point his weapon at police and reports that he didn’t and the police were to quick to fire. Not to mention that the press seem to be pussyfooting around hard questions. The story said he was with his girlfriend. Why hasn’t she come forward? The sad thing in all this is a person lost his life and no other reason given then he did not obey commands fast enough. In a course of a few days the LVPD has demonstrated that they appear to shoot first and ask questions later. The reality is that this could have been anyone of us. If any law-abiding person is confronted by police with guns drawn and they shoot you by accident and if you are killed they will spin it anyway they can to appear justified in shooting you. There are plenty of videos on the web that illustrate this fact. It has happened many times in the past and I am certain it will happen again. Release the 911 calls and the video. I find it strange that the videos could not be viewed because of some “technical” problem with the video format. Ok, is there a technical problem with the 911 recordings?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

10. costco is a big named store with high tech state of the art security. im sure their cameras are facing every angle..... im just sayin. or maybe im not sayin anything

11. Father of Costco shooting victim speaks to the Review-Journal. July 22,2010 here's the link:
    Father of Costco Shooting Victim Speaks to the Review-Journal - Multimedia - ReviewJournal.com

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast