History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SHOT! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    The e-mail is sent the die is cast...lets see how this turns out
    Excellent.. How will we know It's You? Are you the guy in the Ghillie Suit?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Excellent.. How will we know It's You? Are you the guy in the Ghillie Suit?
    He'll be the one you can't see - just bullets coming out of nowhere!

Personally I'd like to see them ditch the "survivor" format and just do a 16-week (or however long) competition with all different weapons. The "voting off" [email protected] and the drama gets to be a little much. They could still come up with a way to let you get to know the shooters.

To keep it interesting, they could also do something where after a certain number of weeks, the bottom X number of contestants have to leave, etc.

wolfhunter Guest
    SC Tiger, I agree. The "voting off" angle allows too much potential for politics and "strategizing". Run a straight shooting competition. X number of targets, Y number of weapons, value for hits on each course of fire based on difficulty. Highest score wins.

actually before I started watching I thought that's how it would be. in my opinion top shot doesn't mean top shot unless you prove it. but the top shot could get voted off by his/her teammates. so no chance to really prove anything.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    actually before I started watching I thought that's how it would be. in my opinion top shot doesn't mean top shot unless you prove it. but the top shot could get voted off by his/her teammates. so no chance to really prove anything.
    Yeah - so far IMO the "top shots" are undoubtedly Kelly from the red team and JJ from the blue. However, once one of the teams starts to turn the competition inward it is likely at least one of these will be voted out. Also, once the teams are scrapped (as they always are in this kind of [email protected]) the best shot will be the first one they will vote off. I'd like to see something where they show about 60% competition and 40% would be about the weapons they are using.

I will admit I do enjoy seeing the loudmouths getting sent home though.

Funny though, none of the competitors have ever been on a two way range, step foot on a battle field, humped into the mountains of Tora Bora or jumped from a C-130 in the middle of the night over some airfield that needed to be siezed from a foreign militia.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I will admit I do enjoy seeing the loudmouths getting sent home though.

yes same here! some people just have no class.
    I also agree with you that kelly is the best on the red team. he seems to do very well with picking up whatever they give him and learning. also, as young as he is he still had the man in him to apologize for saying something to bill... bill on the other hand... not much of a man and was so glad to see him get sent packing.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Exclamation The e-mail I sent and the response I got!

Hi Festus,
    Can you please send us a photo. Looking forward to receiving your application.

Thanks,
    The Casting Team

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM,Festus wrote:

Dear Sir or Ma'am;
    My name is MSgt XXXXX"Festus"XXXXX USAF (ret). My friends all call me Festus. I am the character that you want for season 2 of Top Shot!
    I spent over 20 Years in the USAF as a Fighter Crew Chief. During that time I managed to qualify as a small arms expert with the M-16A2. I also Qualified with the Berretta M-9 pistol. While stationed at Elmendorf AFB I was the firearms safety NCO for my Squadron (reducing the number of firearms related incidents from 6 to 0 using an aggressive safety campaign). During My last year in the USAF I shot an informal 1000 yard match at Wendover, Ut. I managed to shoot a score of 171/200 during a wind storm using a Savage 10FP that I rebuilt and fine tuned. It was the highest F-class score of the day. The event was mentioned as community involvement in my Enlisted Performance Report and is documented as an official government record as such. Other rifles that I have built include an FN-FAL and rebuilding a Century Arms G3A3 to make it a good shooter. My grandfather taught me gunsmithing skills and I am a current concealed carry permit holder. I have built a 100 yard range on my property with a solid earthen backstop and practice rifle, shotgun and pistol skills and drills with great regularity. I am fully proficient with the following weapons:

AR-15/M-16/M-4
    Savage 10FP (Heavy match-grade tactical rifle)
    HK 91 and subsequent clones
    FN-FAL
    HK MP5
    HK USP series pistols (I carry a USP 45)
    Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho 941
    M-9 Berretta
    1911 (all variants)
    Remington 870
    Remington 1100
    Mossberg 500
    Mossberg 590
    Mauser 1898
    Mosin Nagant
    303 Enfield
    I also have some experience with archery using both compound bows and recurve bows.

I feel I have the skills and discipline needed to quickly master any projectile weapon. I am a student of history and appreciate the challenges that come from using everyday judgment to make what would appear to be an impossible shot. I am well spoken and have no aversion whatsoever to public speaking and public experiences. My current position as an Aerospace Quality Assurance Inspector requires keen attention to detail and quick absorption of technical knowledge. I have fired every thing from pellet guns to a 50BMG rifle. My military background, my personality and my wit will make me a strong contender for season two. In short...I am the character you want!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Let me know if and when you will be on t.v. I do not have the History Channel but my son does.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast