fire arms / insurance

Thread: fire arms / insurance

fire arms / insurance

Called State Farm to ask about my coverage on firearms. Was told there was $2500 limit. After I called them I decided to tally up and record all of my guns . ( Created a file on my PC for each gun and took a pic also.)
    Discovered I have about $4500 total.
    Called them back and they increased my coverage to $5000 for $25 per year.
    I also have a hard copy file of all my receipts, purchase permits, etc. I keep this in a seperate area from my gun safe.
    Hope I never have to worry about using this, but if a BG gets in here and takes my S_ _ _, I'll be covered.
    Just wanted to let you know this for your own protection, it will be up to you to document and proove you have what you say you do.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Called State Farm to ask about my coverage on firearms. Was told there was $2500 limit. After I called them I decided to tally up and record all of my guns . ( Created a file on my PC for each gun and took a pic also.)
    I also have a hard copy file of all my receipts, purchase permits, etc. I keep this in a seperate area from my gun safe.
    Hope I never have to worry about using this, but if a BG gets in here and takes my S_ _ _, I'll be covered.
    Just wanted to let you know this for your own protection, it will be up to you to document and proove you have what you say you do.
    The NRA offers good insurance though one of it's associates. This is in addition to the $1,000. insurance with your membership.
    I personally have pictures, receipts, serial numbers etc, in the bank safe deposit. While the gunsafe is fire rated, I don't totally trust it.
    IMO, I will not say how much my firearms are valued. Call me paranoid, but who knows who is reading this site, and what evil one can do with a little information.

Iceman has it right.
    I do exactly the same thing. My firearm insurance is through a independent underwriter for the actual value of each.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    thanks for the good idea, i had state farm increase my guns to $5000.00 and the rest of my stuff,toolbox chest&rool away,2 tv's, dvr, couch, bed,washer&dryer, bed, dressers, clothes,ect. to $10,000.00 and it only made my payment go up $5.00 a month.
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

In addition to an awesome gun safe, I have my firearms covered by State Farm on a personal articles policy.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"