Revolver or Semi-Automatic - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer to carry on a daily basis?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revolver

27 15.52%
  • Semi-Automatic

147 84.48%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Revolver or Semi-Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Neighbor gives me all the arguments about firepower and hi-cap magazines. Both of us have HCP. He has a High Cap 9MM auto and I have S&W 637. Tonight we are eating out, the temp is over 100 and we are in shorts and t-shirts. Care to guess which one is armed and which one is not as we sit in restaurant?
    True story and this isnít the first time it has happened. He is armed probably 40-50% of the time and I am armed 100% of the time (including church!) I may put gun in trunk box for Post Office but that is it.
    Five on you beats the h*** out of 15 in the gun safe!

J-Frame in pocket rules! Don't leave home without it.
    I also carry 100% of the time. I carry a HK P2000 SK LEM and an extra magazine. In the cooler months I have no trouble at all. Then it is either in a holster or in a concealment vest. I often carry a Glock 19 as a back up. Summer I still carry the HK but depending on where I am going and what I am wearing there are times that it may be carried in a fanny pack. On very rare occasions I may carry only a mouse gun in a pocket holster but as said, rarely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I also carry 100% of the time. I carry a HK P2000 SK LEM and an extra magazine. In the cooler months I have no trouble at all. Then it is either in a holster or in a concealment vest. I often carry a Glock 19 as a back up. Summer I still carry the HK but depending on where I am going and what I am wearing there are times that it may be carried in a fanny pack. On very rare occasions I may carry only a mouse gun in a pocket holster but as said, rarely.
    I am looking into different ways of carry. I currently carry OWB paddle holster, with a shirt covering, or pocket carry.
    The Gould&Goodrich 810 IWB for my Bill Wilson Carry Pistol is most interesting. Top that off with the G&G 860 Flashlight/Mag Case Combo. I would of course fill that with Wilson Combat lo-profile, steel base pad 1911 magazines. I would carry my Sentinel PL3 XTR next to the magazines.

If you wish to wear concealment vests, and fanny packs, I say "knock yourself out".

IMO, concealment vests scream gun. Fanny packs, well, here we go in addition to saying "i gotta gun" ;

FANNY PACK.
    from the urban dictionary
    Definitions:

A purse tied around the waist with a buckle.
    Wearing the fanny pack is social suicide

A pouch or other device used to hold items usually worn around the waist. Most often used as an alternative to a man-purse.
    Frank keeps his lube and lipstick in his fanny pack.

Just another 90's fad. A fat pack worn around the waists of usually gay men.
    What's he hiding in that fanny pack?

A gross invention of the 1970's in which one would store essential items like:
    hand lotion, credit cards, make up, tampons, sunglasses, band-aids, keys, moist towelettes, a watch, mini-binoculars, polaroid instant film, hard candy, a compact, and, maybe, a rattle for your baby.

The items would be stored in a pouch that attached to the hips by long interlocking straps, or, in the most horrid circumstance, Velcro.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I am a semi-auto guy through and through. I had a Taurus revolver once, in fact it was the first hand gun I ever bought. I carried it for a couple of years and then bought a Bersa model 85. I don't have the Bersa anymore, but I have only carried semi-autos ever since.

And I was reading a book the other day for enjoyment and a character in the book was cleaning his semi-automatic revolvers... Well, there ARE semi-automatic revolvers. Who would have known. Pretty cool.

Mateba Model 6 Unica

It rotates the cylinder and cocks the hammer for you. All you have to do is pull the trigger, just like on a pistol.

Learning something new all the time.

Ken

072610 0115

I often alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    And I was reading a book the other day for enjoyment and a character in the book was cleaning his semi-automatic revolvers... Well, there ARE semi-automatic revolvers. Who would have known. Pretty cool.

Mateba Model 6 Unica

It rotates the cylinder and cocks the hammer for you. All you have to do is pull the trigger, just like on a pistol.

Learning something new all the time.

Ken

072610 0115
    I've heard of that thing. I kind of wonder what the point of it is (seems like it would have the disadvangates of both the semi-auto and the revolver) but it definitely gets a A on the coolness factor. I wonder if, should it not cycle completely it will work like a standard DA revolver (cocking the hammer and rotating the cylinder when you pull the trigger)? From the first shot description it sounds like it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I've heard of that thing. I kind of wonder what the point of it is (seems like it would have the disadvangates of both the semi-auto and the revolver) but it definitely gets a A on the coolness factor. I wonder if, should it not cycle completely it will work like a standard DA revolver (cocking the hammer and rotating the cylinder when you pull the trigger)? From the first shot description it sounds like it will not.
    I just love fine Italian craftsmanship

YouTube - Tarantella Napoletana

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Woo-hoo...Chicks with revolvers is even sexier! Actually, chicks with any gun is pretty darn hot, but I suspect you ladies already know that! (Just funnin' here, ladies, don't go all feminazi on me. )
    East there JJ....make sure yer safety is on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    East there JJ....make sure yer safety is on!!!
    Just can't help myself...Didya see Kate Beckinsale in "Underworld"? All leathered up and with some serious weaponry, too...did I mention leather?...oh, my....

Could be a new thread: Your Favorite Female Gunslinger.

Course, we'd have to have one for the ladies, too.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I am looking into different ways of carry. I currently carry OWB paddle holster, with a shirt covering, or pocket carry.
    The Gould&Goodrich 810 IWB for my Bill Wilson Carry Pistol is most interesting. Top that off with the G&G 860 Flashlight/Mag Case Combo. I would of course fill that with Wilson Combat lo-profile, steel base pad 1911 magazines. I would carry my Sentinel PL3 XTR next to the magazines.

If you wish to wear concealment vests, and fanny packs, I say "knock yourself out".

IMO, concealment vests scream gun. Fanny packs, well, here we go in addition to saying "i gotta gun" ;

FANNY PACK.
    from the urban dictionary
    Definitions:

A purse tied around the waist with a buckle.
    Wearing the fanny pack is social suicide

A pouch or other device used to hold items usually worn around the waist. Most often used as an alternative to a man-purse.
    Frank keeps his lube and lipstick in his fanny pack.

Just another 90's fad. A fat pack worn around the waists of usually gay men.
    What's he hiding in that fanny pack?

A gross invention of the 1970's in which one would store essential items like:
    hand lotion, credit cards, make up, tampons, sunglasses, band-aids, keys, moist towelettes, a watch, mini-binoculars, polaroid instant film, hard candy, a compact, and, maybe, a rattle for your baby.

The items would be stored in a pouch that attached to the hips by long interlocking straps, or, in the most horrid circumstance, Velcro.
    A lot of bodybuilders used to use those packs too, with the pants with no pockets - basically they always looked like they were headed to the gym. I guess their gyms don't have dressing rooms?

Even the guys in the "Musclehedz" wear them all the time. Maybe they're all packing!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast