Revolver or Semi-Automatic - Page 5

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer to carry on a daily basis?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revolver

    27 15.52%
  • Semi-Automatic

    147 84.48%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Revolver or Semi-Automatic

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    A lot of bodybuilders used to use those packs too, with the pants with no pockets - basically they always looked like they were headed to the gym. I guess their gyms don't have dressing rooms?

    Even the guys in the "Musclehedz" wear them all the time. Maybe they're all packing!


    Body Builders NOT wearing fanny packs

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    A lot of bodybuilders used to use those packs too, with the pants with no pockets - basically they always looked like they were headed to the gym. I guess their gyms don't have dressing rooms?

    Even the guys in the "Musclehedz" wear them all the time. Maybe they're all packing!

    I normally would not reply to "the person" you quoted because unless quoted I am fortunate not to be able to see his not so Vail or should I say vile attempts at perverted sexual innuendos. It is typical of the type of trash he likes to post. Perhaps his reference to fanny packs and homosexuals comes from personal experience. If he would have said something like that to my face I would have kicked his sorry butt however seeing as how he is just a cyber coward I will have to consider the source and chalk it up to ignorance. His ignorance of concealed vests is astounding also. Anyone that has ever seen a leather vest or owned one from Coranado Leather would know that they do not"scream gun" but then again the truth is irrelevant to some. There are a couple of posters around, this individual in particular, that if you said winter follows autumn would argue that summer follows autumn. That is why they belong on the ignore list. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I normally would not reply to "the person" you quoted because unless quoted I am fortunate not to be able to see his not so Vail or should I say vile attempts at perverted sexual innuendos. It is typical of the type of trash he likes to post. Perhaps his reference to fanny packs and homosexuals comes from personal experience. If he would have said something like that to my face I would have kicked his sorry butt however seeing as how he is just a cyber coward I will have to consider the source and chalk it up to ignorance. His ignorance of concealed vests is astounding also. Anyone that has ever seen a leather vest or owned one from Coranado Leather would know that they do not"scream gun" but then again the truth is irrelevant to some. There are a couple of posters around, this individual in particular, that if you said winter follows autumn would argue that summer follows autumn. That is why they belong on the ignore list. IMHO.

    you shouldn't make threats. It is so junior high.
    keep up the great posts Hk, you are a good source of material.
    have a great day.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    I usually wear a cotton vest as a cover garment, (carried a 1911 for over 35 years) and have NEVER been asked about any bulge, or asked about carrying a gun. I bought a Coronado vest, and it was a very high quality garment, that also did NOT indicate gun. I returned it just because I would have been able to wear it only in the winter, as the leather was heavy enough to be plenty warm.

    If my vest tends to indicate to you that I'm carrying a gun, then just stay away. If it bothers you enough to confront me about it..... well, lets say you'll likely remove me from your Christmas list. Ignorance can be cured with education, but stupid is tough to deal with.

    Humphrey Bogart would have been ashamed.......
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I usually wear a cotton vest as a cover garment, (carried a 1911 for over 35 years) and have NEVER been asked about any bulge, or asked about carrying a gun. I bought a Coronado vest, and it was a very high quality garment, that also did NOT indicate gun. I returned it just because I would have been able to wear it only in the winter, as the leather was heavy enough to be plenty warm.

    If my vest tends to indicate to you that I'm carrying a gun, then just stay away. If it bothers you enough to confront me about it..... well, lets say you'll likely remove me from your Christmas list. Ignorance can be cured with education, but stupid is tough to deal with.

    Humphrey Bogart would have been ashamed.......
    It's not about the vest Jay.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    "It's not about the vest, Jay"

    Sorry, I must have mis-read the following post of yours. ... no I didn't ... YOU brought up the vest/s


    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I am looking into different ways of carry. I currently carry OWB paddle holster, with a shirt covering, or pocket carry.
    The Gould&Goodrich 810 IWB for my Bill Wilson Carry Pistol is most interesting. Top that off with the G&G 860 Flashlight/Mag Case Combo. I would of course fill that with Wilson Combat lo-profile, steel base pad 1911 magazines. I would carry my Sentinel PL3 XTR next to the magazines.

    If you wish to wear concealment vests, and fanny packs, I say "knock yourself out".

    IMO, concealment vests scream gun. Fanny packs, well, here we go in addition to saying "i gotta gun" ;

    FANNY PACK.
    from the urban dictionary
    Definitions:

    A purse tied around the waist with a buckle.
    Wearing the fanny pack is social suicide

    A pouch or other device used to hold items usually worn around the waist. Most often used as an alternative to a man-purse.
    Frank keeps his lube and lipstick in his fanny pack.

    Just another 90's fad. A fat pack worn around the waists of usually gay men.
    What's he hiding in that fanny pack?

    A gross invention of the 1970's in which one would store essential items like:
    hand lotion, credit cards, make up, tampons, sunglasses, band-aids, keys, moist towelettes, a watch, mini-binoculars, polaroid instant film, hard candy, a compact, and, maybe, a rattle for your baby.

    The items would be stored in a pouch that attached to the hips by long interlocking straps, or, in the most horrid circumstance, Velcro.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    "It's not about the vest, Jay"

    Sorry, I must have mis-read the following post of yours. ... no I didn't ... YOU brought up the vest/s
    Jay,
    Actually, if you go back further, you will find it was not I who brought up the vest initially.

    Secondly, your comment, may I quote;
    "If my vest tends to indicate to you that I'm carrying a gun, then just stay away. If it bothers you enough to confront me about it..... well, lets say you'll likely remove me from your Christmas list. Ignorance can be cured with education, but stupid is tough to deal with."

    This certainly could be received as a veiled threat. I already have one member from this site threating me with physical violence. This is not junior high school. You may comment, "take it anyway you want". Jay, I take it as a veiled threat.

    Please refrain from descending to a level that another person in here, is so immature, he choses to travel there.
    We are are adults here. Please, let us try to act like one.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    We are are adults here.
    oh really?

    "A pouch or other device used to hold items usually worn around the waist. Most often used as an alternative to a man-purse.
    Frank keeps his lube and lipstick in his fanny pack.

    Just another 90's fad. A fat pack worn around the waists of usually gay men.
    What's he hiding in that fanny pack?"

    and you accused others of "junior high school" ?

    You're a joke....... like the guy who pokes and pokes, and when he gets bit, he cries to mama....

    A veiled threat? Whatever works for ya......

    Mods, relax, I"m done .....
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    oh really?

    "A pouch or other device used to hold items usually worn around the waist. Most often used as an alternative to a man-purse.
    Frank keeps his lube and lipstick in his fanny pack.

    Just another 90's fad. A fat pack worn around the waists of usually gay men.
    What's he hiding in that fanny pack?"

    and you accused others of "junior high school" ?

    You're a joke....... like the guy who pokes and pokes, and when he gets bit, he cries to mama....

    A veiled threat? Whatever works for ya......

    Mods, relax, I"m done .....
    You wear a fanny pack?
    I thought we were talking about vests here.
    I never was bit. Just pointing out the facts to ya fella.
    Cry to mama? Again, just pointing out the facts. I don't threaten others, and I will not accept, nor condone that behavior.
    BTW, Thank you for your service VET.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    226
    Strange but most people I have seen with a "fanny" pack just have their wallet, glasses and meds in them. I personally like a small shoulder pack they are more comfortable.

    PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Revolver People
    By njsportsman in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM
  2. Moved to CT
    By OldOwl in forum Connecticut Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  3. Interesting new revolver...the New Ruger LCR
    By Red Hat in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
  4. LEO Couldn't Open D/A Revolver Cylinder
    By OM44 in forum LEO Encounters
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM
  5. BG + .357 revolver cocked = good stupid discharge
    By KimberPB in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 08:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast