Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

Places that SHOULD be restricted

- courthouses, jails, airplanes, cruise ships, trains, certain national monuments and governmental facilities. This could be somewhat addressed by more tightly controlled access and restricted areas should be required to provide for secure storage while in the premises. Further, this also would require these locations to provide "adequate" security for citizens and clients. The devil is in the details - what is adequate? What does "secure" storage mean?
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Experience?

I have only been carrying for a year or so.I just feel like I should be responsible for my own safety.I also know,as the evidence in the media supports,that no one else CAN be responsible for my safety.So I feel like I should be allowed to protect myself,wherever I am.I don't get as much practice as I want,or near as much as I need,due to time and money constraints.But I do pay attention to my surroundings.And,as evidenced by another recent post in this forum,I think I am as level-headed and skilled as the average cop.
    MY $.02.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

We now have almost 14,000 members. School shootings are happening almost on a regular basis. Indiana and NIU just in the last week. We must advocate for our right to protect our selves.

Here are some new videos of people from our group in the media.

SCCC vs. The Brady Campaign - Concealed Carry on College Campuses

Mike Guzman of SCCC on Good Morning America
    Last edited by Stainless Sig; 02-17-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Students are people too and I would encourage my son to carry to school and everywhere else (that's legal). It's ridiculous to leave these young men and women unprotected in a place they should feel almost as safe as if they were home.

I never went to school without something to protect me besides my own fists. Not being allowed to carry firearms didn't exclude OC spray and I can't think of a day I didn't have a pocket knife since I was 7 years old.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Do you have to be in college to be a member?
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Molon labe!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    Me,too.I think we should all always carry everywhere.Except where someone else can absolutely gaurantee my safety and that of my family.Which is nowhere under Heaven that I know of.
    I do not have a problem leaving my gun behind in secure areas like airports and courthouses. At least in those areas I know that everyone has at the least gone through a metal detector. That's about as close as you can get to someone guaranteeing your safety. Beyond that, I feel it's pretty much up to me.

here's an interesting note, and correct me if i'm wrong. in virginia, it is legal for a ccw permit holder to carry on campus, but it was viginia tech policy not to allow it. how many lives could have been saved by one legally placed shot?

echo_5 Guest

Question shouldn't carry where?

Seriously, I'm not breaking your balls. I'm always interested in hearing others' opinions. But I'd like to know where people shouldn't carry.:)

courthouse, jail, plane- OK. Cruise ship, train, mass transit? why not?
    Last edited by echo_5; 02-19-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfdtuzolto View Post
    Do you have to be in college to be a member?
    No, you don't have to be in College. The group is made up of students, parents, teachers, government officials, and anyone who would like to advocate for the right to protect your self.

Please do join our facebook group at http://masters.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2383535699 or search for Students for Concealed carry on Campus.

The group is now up to almost 16,000 members.

Here is another video of us in the media:
    Scott Lewis of SCCC debates Garrett Evans on CNN

Also, make sure to check out our home page at http://concealedcampus.org

Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    Seriously, I'm not breaking your balls. I'm always interested in hearing others' opinions. But I'd like to know where people shouldn't carry.:)

courthouse, jail, plane- OK. Cruise ship, train, mass transit? why not?
    With the way things are going in this world, I would like to see more folks on trains and mass transit carrying. The cruise ship is a touchy area. Depending on where the ship is going there could be international laws and customs regulations involved. For strictly domestic cruises, don't see a problem though. I did a couple of UC security details on cruise ships. It was fun to play "tourist" and do all of the fun things like shoot skeet off the back of the ship. The shuffle board was interesting. I did have a lot of fun, and would go back again. Just need to find a job that's not so darn long. :( A 10 day cruise can be pretty long.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast