Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

"Every day millions of licensed Americans legally carry concealed handguns in movie theaters, office buildings, shopping malls, banks, churches, etc.
    Numerous studies show that concealed handgun license holders are five times less likely than non-license holders to commit violent crimes.
    Campus "gun free zones" may make some people feel safer, but as recent events demonstrate, feeling safe is not the same as being safe."

Please join Students for Concealed Carry on Campus to make a difference in the policies that colleges across the nation make for "gun free zones." These so called "gun free zones" are only giving people who do evil a guarantee that they will have no one to defend them selves.

Go to www.concealedcampus.org and also join the facebook group called Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

We have 10,000+ people and growing in support. We have been getting a lot of media attention also. We need you to help make an impact!

Check out these videos of representatives of the organization in the media:
    -Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - Fox News Interview
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4IoUbdtnCs

-Discussion about concealed carry on campuses on The Morning Show
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

-C-SPAN debate on concealed carry on campuses
    Washington Journal

Already a member...Actually I am a student here in Utah who conceal carries on campus everyday. But, anywho. I'm spreadin the message as much as I can. I just thank the skies that I opted to go to college here in Utah. I almost did not. I am very glad I did, however, as I know I will at least have a chance. If anything happens.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

whiptrackercracker I hope the rest of America follows Utah's example on concealed carry on campuses. Its good to meet someone who has been able to experience it first hand and know how well it has been working. Lets spread the word, huh

I am also a member of Concealed Carry on Campus and I am currently recruiting every chance I get.
    "The Detonics CombatMaster .45 is a premium quality professional tool for the serious handgun expert and combat shooter. It is capable of providing the brute force stopping power of the standard-sized .45 in a size no larger than a snub-nosed .38." Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    NV Tactical: Northern Virginia's #1 Source for Professional, Tactical Firearms Training

We have hit 11,000 now. Please take the time to join if you have a facebook.

I'm all for getting rid of "safe for bad guy zones"

I agree, if you have your ccw permit and extra training also, you can make things safer. There are certain areas that still should be safe zones though.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

echo_5 Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DJ58 View Post
    I agree, if you have your ccw permit and extra training also, you can make things safer. There are certain areas that still should be safe zones though.

DJ58
    ....such as? Interested to hear your $.02

Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    ....such as? Interested to hear your $.02
    Me,too.I think we should all always carry everywhere.Except where someone else can absolutely gaurantee my safety and that of my family.Which is nowhere under Heaven that I know of.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I knew there would be members questioning my comment. my $.02 cents worth is, remember I added extra training a lot of ccw carriers do not take any training in what to do in life threating situations, they go to the range blast off 300 rounds at fifty or seventyfive feet or whatever. I'm no pro don't get me wrong. I need to improve my carrying ability and readyness. A friend has helped me out alot with practicing at the range in point shooting target setup, my carry piece is not made to shoot at 20 to 30 feet targets, I practice at 10 to 15 feet with out the sights, I'm fairly new to carrying my friend has been for years and has had alot of training, luckily for me I have him as a friend to help me at the range, and he is always ready to go to a tactical training class with me. Brainchild and echo 5, with your guys experience you should be able to go anywhere.
    Last edited by DJ58; 02-10-2008 at 08:21 AM.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast