assault rifle- which brand to buy ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: assault rifle- which brand to buy ??

1. First and foremost I am not an expert by any means; just got my first AR as well. All depends what youíre looking for. I just got one a few months ago myself. Personally I like what I got from Spikes Tactical. Been told by gun shops that Bushmaster isnít what they use to be. I went and test fired a Bushmaster and didnít like it. I was going in the same direction till I looked at Spikes I was talked out of LMT, Colt and Bushmaster. Now I liked the feel of the Spikes I thought it was put together better than some of the others. There was a lot of slop (rattle) in the LMT etc. the Spikes was a solid rifle. I am not saying that my Spikes is better if you build a rifle but, what I am saying is my Spikes as good as any already put together LMT, Colt and for less money. Now I did upgrade some things that brought the price up like trigger and Daniel Defense Rails, Magpul Moe stock etc. If you havenít already go to: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands - M4Carbine.net Forums and look around there. They have a lot of beginner material and technical based threads. Good luck

If price is not an object with you, then I would e-mail this guy. He is an expert, and builds some of the finest firearms for the Military, Police, and S.W.A.T. His store is like a candy shop for the well trained.
    Products at Adco Firearms

Great comments, suggestions and photos by all !! Greatly appreciated.
    Just got back from a local gun shop, they have a Bushmaster O.R.C. (optics ready carbine) .223 w/ 16" barrel
    he'll sell to me, along with a 30mm red dot scope for under a grand. I'm thinking this is a pretty sweet deal. He also offered to knock off a buck per box for ammo.
    Haven't yet made up my mind, but I'll admit I'm leaning that way. LOL

The Bushmaster Optics Ready Carbine is a very good weapon. Many are sold every year, and they perform well. For the price it is a hard gun to beat. Bill T.

AR 15 (Non Assault Rifle)

Well, I built mine on a DPMS, Stag, and Rock River. If you really want to get to know the AR put your own together.

Last edited by 44WCF; 07-28-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Adding picture

7. Since were showing pictures. Here's my spikes

Quote Originally Posted by 44WCF View Post
    Well, I built mine on a DPMS, Stag, and Rock River. If you really want to get to know the AR put your own together.
    +1

That will be my next gun project. Build a lower from scratch and pair it with a good upper.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12