Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Hi. Welcome to the site. I think this may be what you are looking for. Take a look at the Taurus 709 Slim;

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    FRIENDS DON'T LET THEIR FRIENDS CARRY TAURUS.
    How many "professionals" do you see with a Taurus when they go in harms way?
    Yes, they are better then a baseball bat. However, the baseball bat will always function.
    IMO, Taurus products are for the shooting range. Not for self-protection.
    You really want your life to depend on one? OK, be my guest, knock yourself out.
    It's your arse, not mine.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I picked up the Taurus TCP in .380 a couple of weeks ago, and am very happy with it. Oh, by the way, it shoots great as well.

JSDinTexas Guest

.380?

I do not want to start a caliber war here, but:
    My take is a .380 is not what I want to defend myself. I think it is too small a caliber, and maybe you will too if you would visualize a 300 lb BG in the WalM parking lot that you have to deal with. I suggest the .380 would only make him mad (remember 300 lbs and 3 feet thick)
    I alternate a Glock 23 (.40) with 180g Win Ranger SXT HP and G30sf (.45) with 230g Win Ranger SXT HP

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I do not want to start a caliber war here, but:
    My take is a .380 is not what I want to defend myself. I think it is too small a caliber, and maybe you will too if you would visualize a 300 lb BG in the WalM parking lot that you have to deal with. I suggest the .380 would only make him mad (remember 300 lbs and 3 feet thick)
    I alternate a Glock 23 (.40) with 180g Win Ranger SXT HP and G30sf (.45) with 230g Win Ranger SXT HP
    I don't think getting shot makes someone mad. I think it makes them dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    I don't think getting shot makes someone mad. I think it makes them dead.
    Sometimes I carry a Beretta Bobcat in .22LR. If I have to use it, I am aiming to invoke as much pain as possible. All I want is for the bad guy to leave me alone. Regarding the projectiles I am using, I am using the ones that hurt.

Oh, I forgot, I am supposed to carry the largest caliber I can comfortably shoot. Or, never carry anything that does not start with the number 4.

One more thing. If the perp is 300 pounds plus, I am sure I can out run him. I won't even have to pull my GAT out.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Sometimes I carry a Beretta Bobcat in .22LR. If I have to use it, I am aiming to invoke as much pain as possible. All I want is for the bad guy to leave me alone. Regarding the projectiles I am using, I am using the ones that hurt.

Oh, I forgot, I am supposed to carry the largest caliber I can comfortably shoot. Or, never carry anything that does not start with the number 4.

One more thing. If the perp is 300 pounds plus, I am sure I can out run him. I won't even have to pull my GAT out.
    Read the ICEMAN confessions of a Mafia Hitman. It profiles Richard Kuklinski, probably the scariest man on the face of the earth. Most every contract he filled (over 209) was carried out with a .22 rifle.

Can't go wrong with a KAHR. Several models. I have the PM9 which is the most expensive and smallest, but the P or CW series are also quite small and less $$. I carry my PM9 everywhere in a CB minituck IWB holster. Very well made guns. Also avail in .40 and .45 Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Ruger LCP is a really small concealable .380. Shoots nice with a Crimson Trace Laser sight. The Sights that come on it are quite small.
    I'm with you on that! I love my LCP. I have a Galco front pocket holster that fits the CT laser, and a modified Uncle Mikes #1, which is my favorite because of the grippy stuff on the outside. I've put over 600 rounds through her and had one FTE on the very first trip to the range. Shot #3? Never a jam or anything else since then. My model number starts with 373 (April '10). I use the impactguns.com 7+1 mag extender and a Hogue carry All Jr.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    FRIENDS DON'T LET THEIR FRIENDS CARRY TAURUS.
    How many "professionals" do you see with a Taurus when they go in harms way?
    Yes, they are better then a baseball bat. However, the baseball bat will always function.
    IMO, Taurus products are for the shooting range. Not for self-protection.
    You really want your life to depend on one? OK, be my guest, knock yourself out.
    It's your arse, not mine.
    I hate Taurus!! Have had and heard nothing good. Their 9MM started screwing up and not hitting the primer hard enough two weeks after I bought it new. I don't want to send guns back, i want to carry and use them.
    Tony

Several factors could be involved in your problem with concealing. The type or brand of holster, where you are carrying it, and what you are wearing when you carry. That 26 should be pretty easy to conceal provided you have the correct type of holster and it fits your body type. The old saying, " dressing around the gun" is an important, if not the most important part of concealing your gun well. Do some experimenting before you get rid of a perfectly good carry gun. One more thing, most people have no idea you are carrying and the only one that may notice you is another carrier, if anyone at all.
    Why are you worried about holding up the targets for me? It' s a 9mm!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast