Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    Both my bride and I have Sig P238's a Equinox for her and a SAS for me, both conceal well,are very accurate and fun to shoot. I found the Milt Sparls Summer comfort II to be the best IWB for me. My wife is trying different methods and has not found the best as yet.And don't believe all the BS about the Sig's, we have never had one problem with either of our P238's.

Hi,
    I agree with several of the other responses. I have a S&W .38 J Frame that carries well in a Mikka Pocket Holster. Also, I routinely carry a Taurus PT 709 IWB at the appendix--this is very lightweight, thin, and conceals very well--especially if, like me, you've got a bit of Dunlop Disease. I have also used a Kel-Tec PF-9 which has concealed well IWB with a clip and in the pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster. While new self protection ammo for the .380 has made it a popular weapon, I am sticking with 9mm and .38 cal only because of availability and cost of ammunition. Sometimes the .380 is harder to find and always has been more expensive than the 9mm. All of the above mentioned weapons can be found for between $275 and $450.

I had a Interarms Walther PPK/s in 380 that I carried with Winchester Silver Tips. Then I started to read about the differences in the calibers when used against human beings. Yes in the right hands with the right ammo and a few other things the 380 can be a deadly caliber, but a 9mm would work better.

I still do have a couple of 380 pistols but I don't depend my life on them.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

I talked to a friedn this morning, he carries a Berretta 22 in pocket. If he is being robbed, he reaches into his front pocket looking like he is going to his keys and cash. Then he fires his Berretta into the perps crouch (testicles) and when the perps bends over holding his crouch he puts the pistol in the perps ear and fires another round.

I don't recomend this, but this is an interesting idea for self defence.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

I currently carry a Ruger LCP and is very easy to hide, use wallet holster and a In the wast band holster both are great. Come cooler weather and I can wear more than shorts & t shirts will go to a larger semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    I currently have a Glock 26 but it is a tad big to me, maybe I am using the wrong holster or something but it is hard to conceal well with it inside the waist band (my preferred place to carry). I always have to put it in a pocket. I went to look at a S&W bodygaurd 380 but with it in a holster the laser kept turing on so that gun was a no go.... I really like that gun. What else is there out there in the same size as that gun that is AT LEAST a .380 semi? Top range of spending is $750ish but I don't HAVE to spend that much lol.

Anyone have the BG380 with a inside the waist band holster that got it to work????

Thanks!
    I have a S&W 6906 that I'm really happy w/. It cost 435$ used
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by miestrojerry View Post
    I talked to a friedn this morning, he carries a Berretta 22 in pocket. If he is being robbed, he reaches into his front pocket looking like he is going to his keys and cash. Then he fires his Berretta into the perps crouch (testicles) and when the perps bends over holding his crouch he puts the pistol in the perps ear and fires another round. I don't recomend this, but this is an interesting idea for self defence.

Jerry
    Yeah, that's called murder where I'm from
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Les Maynard View Post
    Both my bride and I have Sig P238's a Equinox for her and a SAS for me, both conceal well,are very accurate and fun to shoot. I found the Milt Sparls Summer comfort II to be the best IWB for me. My wife is trying different methods and has not found the best as yet.And don't believe all the BS about the Sig's, we have never had one problem with either of our P238's.
    I on the otherhand have one of the little p238's and I have had nothing but trouble with it and after getting it back the second time it still is not right.
    The first time they said they wanted to send me some parts that would fix it and of course they sent the wrong parts.
    The bad part is all the gun dealers know that they are crap, don't want to trade for them, and for the most part don't want to try and sell them. And I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I do not want to start a caliber war here, but:
    My take is a .380 is not what I want to defend myself. I think it is too small a caliber, and maybe you will too if you would visualize a 300 lb BG in the WalM parking lot that you have to deal with. I suggest the .380 would only make him mad (remember 300 lbs and 3 feet thick)
    I alternate a Glock 23 (.40) with 180g Win Ranger SXT HP and G30sf (.45) with 230g Win Ranger SXT HP
    In T shirt weather I will carry my Bersa 380. I'm 6'2". 260# and would not like getting hit with a 380+P Pow'R Ball. It's a hot little round. Killed a 30# raccoon with 1 shot. In fact it's the round of choice when killing raccoons. My friend and I buy forclosures. Some of the houses were empty for years. A few made nice homes for raccoons. We tried Have a Heart traps, but some are too smart for traps.
    Rocky Raccoon R.I.P.

I would carry either a 38 Special or a 380 with +P ammo. I like my Bersa 380. It's easy to conceal, decent sights and doesn't kick like that ultra light crap out there.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast