Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

I have a S & W .44 mag. but the problem is when I wear it on my belt my pants fall down. Seriously, I do have a Kel-Tec A3PT with a LEATHER WALLET case for everyday carry. I also have CRIMSON TRACER MODEL LG-430 (for the .380). Also available is a soft in the pocket holster.
    All like new.
    $425.00
    plus delivey to your dealer.

Barry

Primary carry is my Kel-Tec PF-9:

Backup carry is my Kel-Tec P-32:

Smith has introduced a couple of small self defense pistols that people should look at. I really don't like telling people to carry a 380 or anything in that class unless they have extensive training and practice at least weekly.

How many people practice weekly and use a variable range type of exercise. Try 5 feet to 20 feet, with 1 and 2 shot strings. Do that after you have a brisk jog for 20 to 30 minutes get that heart pumping.

I had some one tell me that the average hold up was 21 feet, what do you do when you have some perp who is not average?

I carry and use a variety of calibers, none are really better than the others, so here is my list of deadly calibers, 38 Spl +P, 357 Mag, 9mm NATO, 45 GAP, and 45 ACP. First people have to understand that all of these can and do kill. The perp can only be dead once for practical purposes.

If you think you can take on a whole gang, please put the joint down. 1 guy against lets say 8 people, it doesn't matter if you 20 bullets in the magazine or 5 magazines on you. You are out numbered, so just run like heck and let a couple round fly behind you.

So how many of you who want a slim trim weapon have taken at least 3 self defense classes and practice at least once a month?

My choice for slim, trim and very reliable is my S&W PD. I do a daily sweep of my place and I am lucky my range is behind my house.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

Kahr PM9 will pocket or IWB carry very well. The 9mm is a good defensive round. You should be able to find a new one for about $750.

Before we put forth how much damage a 380 can do, can we get a real medical doctor, who maybe has been in some war some where to say how long a perp can live if that person is shot in the liver and one lung or some combination of organs.

40 some years ago, I saw a guy take 3 38 Specials in the chest at less than 5 feet, killed the shooter before he fell over dead. I would say maybe 15 seconds after the last shot was fired in to his chest. I also saw where a man was hit in the lower abdomen with some type of 32 caliber auto pistol round, one shot, it just chop him up inside pretty bad and he lived long enough to get to the ER before doctors found the bullet in his knee. Of course he died from all of the injuries that bullet caused.

People need to get some decent training to make these little pistols really work in their favor and then practice a lot.

Jerry
    Crossbow Nation

I just remembered that I used to carry a Firestar in 9mm around with me. Currently I have a Firestar Plus and a Firestar PD in my collection.

The Firestar M43 is one of the smallest 9mm I have found, it is not light, but works well.

Modern Firearms - Handguns - Star Firestar

Jerry
    Crossbow Nation

Cool Bersa .380

kenster: I thought I was the only one who had bought a Bersa .380. I haven't seen it mentioned often. I happened to read a magazine article about the Bersa and was interested in it just to carry under the seat of my pickup. I wanted a .380 to plink with and found the Bersa to be just the ticket. It is an accurate pistol yet not too small for my hand. I think, if used in self-defense, the .380 round will be just as effective as a larger caliber if the shooter can shoot straight. Personally, I use my Glock 23 loaded with hollow points as a personal carry weapon but would not hesitate to carry the Bersa. In addition to a carry weapon, I bring my better half along with her .38 S&W Chief's Special to cover my rear end if all else fails!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    kenster: I thought I was the only one who had bought a Bersa .380. I haven't seen it mentioned often. I happened to read a magazine article about the Bersa and was interested in it just to carry under the seat of my pickup. I wanted a .380 to plink with and found the Bersa to be just the ticket. It is an accurate pistol yet not too small for my hand. I think, if used in self-defense, the .380 round will be just as effective as a larger caliber if the shooter can shoot straight. Personally, I use my Glock 23 loaded with hollow points as a personal carry weapon but would not hesitate to carry the Bersa. In addition to a carry weapon, I bring my better half along with her .38 S&W Chief's Special to cover my rear end if all else fails!
    Mr Grunt you are absolutly correct in that a 380 can do a lot of damage if the shooter can shoot strait, where the problem is that very, very few people can shoot strait in a stressful situation, and with smaller weapons unless they are hit in a critical area, they are still comeing after you, my wife and I have 380s as bugs only, loaded with hornady critical defence, but she also carrys a G-26, and I carry a G-27 or 36, she would carry a 27 also but it does have a bit of a kick, that may suprize her in a critical situation

Kel-tec .380

Interested in a .380 Kel-Tec with Crimson trace laser with leather wallet holster.?? $425.00
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Wish I got a kickback from Bersa for all the sales I threw their way. Friends and friends of friends who were going to buy their girlfriend or wife a gun for self protection were almost always leaning toward a Ruger LCP. After shooting both at the range, the Bersa always comes up the winner. The LCP may look cute, but it stings your hand due to it's light weight. Sights are also useless.
    For women with small hands Bersa has a "Concealed Carry" with edges rounded, hammer cut back, low profile fixed sights and smaller thinner grip.

I like to shoot something before I purchase it. I recently went to the range and shot a Glock 23, S&W M&P, Sig 250 and Springfield XDm. They were all nice. I think it's personal choice, but I shot the XDm best. Think it will be my next purchase.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast