Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

1. Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

I currently have a Glock 26 but it is a tad big to me, maybe I am using the wrong holster or something but it is hard to conceal well with it inside the waist band (my preferred place to carry). I always have to put it in a pocket. I went to look at a S&W bodygaurd 380 but with it in a holster the laser kept turing on so that gun was a no go.... I really like that gun. What else is there out there in the same size as that gun that is AT LEAST a .380 semi? Top range of spending is $750ish but I don't HAVE to spend that much lol.

Anyone have the BG380 with a inside the waist band holster that got it to work????

Thanks!

3. I have a Kel-Tec PF-9, 9mm Luger, that is very concealable in the waistband. I also sometimes carry a Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace IWB. If you're an average-sized or larger man, both can also be carried in a pant pocket.

For situations where I need to focus on lightweight & minimal size, I opt for a Kahr CW9 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. The CW9 runs about $400 and is very reliable and enjoyable to shoot. On a personal note, 9mm is the minimum caliber that I'm willing to carry; I don't have enough confidence in the .380.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Ruger LCP is a really small concealable .380. Shoots nice with a Crimson Trace Laser sight. The Sights that come on it are quite small.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

S&W 486. Diitch the laser. They just work in the dark, and only impress house cats.

7. Sig Sauer p-238 works well in the pocket or iwb.Try a crossbreed holster for the Glock.IWB my Glock carries as easy as my Sig.

Welcome to USACarry!

The ruger lcp and KelTec p3at are about the same size as the S&W .380, if not a bit smaller. Most handguns seem to get a bit thicker in the 9mm caliber and above. Guns with single stack magazines tend to be thinner, at least in the .380 caliber. The Glock 26 may carry better for you with a different type of holster, but that may require some wardrobe adjustments.

As a small woman I made the decision to carry the J frame. I found the small semi-a's (the new ones) hard to chamber. In fact one of them was almost impossible for me. My S&W 38 five shot J frame is just right.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    I currently have a Glock 26 but it is a tad big to me, maybe I am using the wrong holster or something but it is hard to conceal well with it inside the waist band (my preferred place to carry). I always have to put it in a pocket. I went to look at a S&W bodygaurd 380 but with it in a holster the laser kept turing on so that gun was a no go.... I really like that gun. What else is there out there in the same size as that gun that is AT LEAST a .380 semi? Top range of spending is $750ish but I don't HAVE to spend that much lol.

Anyone have the BG380 with a inside the waist band holster that got it to work????

Thanks!
    Interested in selling your 26 at all? I'll offer you 400 flat for it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post

Thanks!
    Hi. Welcome to the site. I think this may be what you are looking for. Take a look at the Taurus 709 Slim;

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast